Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28

Author Topic: Galaxy Rise: More like Galaxy Fall, AMIRITE?  (Read 31153 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Galaxy Rise
« Reply #180 on: January 01, 2015, 03:01:45 am »

I want to keep this extra ship instead of throwing it away. We can come back to zap this station later. I vote we hyperjump to Foxtrot-795.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 01, 2015, 03:06:15 am »

Bridge Officer ???! I like it!  :)

All kidding aside, what do we do now?

We could, in one shot with the derelict ship, assuming we are lucky, either:

- Overload the reactor, splitting the station in two,
- Hit numerous barracks, as well as life support making them have to wear EVA suits,
- or knock out weapons systems across the station.
(at least that's what I think?)

Sounds good to me. If a large derelict ship that was recently seen drifting around in space suddenly started careering towards the station, wouldn't they suspect us involved? A laser to weaken the shields would certainly make us noticeable to the Uarks.

And when the station is crashed into, they will have decent backup with them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Or we could hyperjump away to a different planet.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 01, 2015, 03:09:56 am »

Can we have a report on the status of the Argos, in the case we do repair it?
We need to know how much it will cost us to put it back in action.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 01, 2015, 03:39:09 am »

The Argus has multiple breaches,  scrapped engines systems, and worst of all, no power generation.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #184 on: January 01, 2015, 03:54:21 am »

If we fix it our firepower is practically doubled, and it's altogether cheaper than buying another one if we can find useful salvage. If we're even allowed to tow it back with us through hypserspace I mean.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 01, 2015, 04:00:01 am »

If we fix it our firepower is practically doubled, and it's altogether cheaper than buying another one if we can find useful salvage. If we're even allowed to tow it back with us through hypserspace I mean.
Not without a shield that can expand to also fit the Argos.
Though that doesn't eliminate repairing it on the spot.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 01, 2015, 04:16:28 am »

First, let's scrap the Argos for all its worth. It would be best if we could fix as much of our ship as possible and have some more scrap for later on. After that, we should crack the station in half. Everyone will die, the rest of the Uarks won't know what happened, and we'll be free to loot whatever spaceships or whatever remain. We should hold off on jumping anywhere until we deal with the station.

I see that the Telemachus comes equipped with shields. Are there any other broken systems we don't know about simply because they're broken?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 04:18:57 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 01, 2015, 04:18:50 am »

The Argos has no powercore, IIRC, and that seems to be the most important part of it.

Can we salvage it's laser cannons and instal them on our ship?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 01, 2015, 04:21:07 am »

The Argos has no powercore, IIRC, and that seems to be the most important part of it.
We can still salvage the hull and and stuff to fully fix our own hull and our reactor containment.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 01, 2015, 10:11:54 am »

First, let's scrap the Argos for all its worth. It would be best if we could fix as much of our ship as possible and have some more scrap for later on.

+1, absolutely.  There is zero reason not to do this.  I say we do this first before we worry about anything else.

GM:  At first it was said we'd be "vaporized" if we tried to enter hyperspace.  Was that because our maneuverability was gone and it'd just take too long?  Is it safe now?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 01, 2015, 01:56:34 pm »

First, let's scrap the Argos for all its worth. It would be best if we could fix as much of our ship as possible and have some more scrap for later on.

+1, absolutely.  There is zero reason not to do this.  I say we do this first before we worry about anything else.

GM:  At first it was said we'd be "vaporized" if we tried to enter hyperspace.  Was that because our maneuverability was gone and it'd just take too long?  Is it safe now?
1+

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 01, 2015, 04:17:37 pm »

Woops. Retconned Amended it to long range jumps, which is what it should of been. The main thing that kept you from leaving was the heat sink. Attempting to charge your FTL drive for something not in the immediate vicinity would take too long and patrols would find you. A short range jump finishes before they'd find you. The Uarks would know something left, but they wouldn't know what.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 01, 2015, 04:23:56 pm »

Woops. Retconned Amended it to long range jumps, which is what it should of been. The main thing that kept you from leaving was the heat sink. Attempting to charge your FTL drive for something not in the immediate vicinity would take too long and patrols would find you. A short range jump finishes before they'd find you. The Uarks would know something left, but they wouldn't know what.
How far is short range. And can they track where we went?

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 01, 2015, 04:27:06 pm »

Short range is what's suggested by the bridge officer. They cannot track where you went unless they have extremely high tech sensors, which they do not.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 01, 2015, 04:32:45 pm »

What kind of patrols do they have? Like could we just pop a couple light years away from any system and then charge a long jump.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28