Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Final Frontier: Spaceships and Six Guns: Western RPG Interest Check and OOC  (Read 4802 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

And then in the list of things there are there is nothing about maneuverability.

Your Spaceship:
A cowboy is nothing without a horse, and a Frontiersman is dead without his ship. Each Frontiersman’s ship is unique, not because they are high-quality masterwork equipment, but because the standard ships are so modular that anyone can change them to fit their purpose. Just like you, your ship has stats that must be filled out now. They are a bit simpler, but will affect the outcome of space battles on top of your stats. You have 60 points to spend on your ship, and must have at least one point in each one for your ship to work. Otherwise, there is no maximum that you must have.

Weaponry: How much weaponry your Ship can hold. Your ship starts with enough cheap weapons to fill every slot. If you have 12 points in this stat, you can fit 2 weapons worth 6 points each, 1 weapon that costs 12 points, 1 six pointer and 2 three pointers, etc. You do not need to have every slot filled, but having empty slots provides no benefits.

Size: How big the ship is. Gives passive bonuses to all the other stats, as well as having more room non-mechanically and generally allowing you to do more in it while not in space battles or otherwise using it mechanically. Let’s you fit more armor, bigger engines, more guns, and even better computers. Of course, in return, you are a bit easier to hit. A size 1 ship would essentially be a pod with no room to stand up, while a size 50 ship would have room for everything from a fully stocked kitchen to an exercise room to a pool.

Armor: How well defended your ship is, either by shields or heavy plating. This is rolled to protect you from enemy attacks. Unlike Weaponry, this skill doesn’t require additional components to function and is a natural part of your ship. It automatically acts when you get shot at.
Maneuvering: How well the ship can move, dodge enemy attacks, and generally not stand still. Gives bonuses to your dodge abilities while also making you harder to target in combat. Outside of combat, it shows how gracefully you get around obstacles and move, as well as how fast your ship goes when not using its HR engine.

Computer Systems: How advanced and powerful your computers are. Can give bonuses to the others much like size, but must be activated and has to be rolled. For example, you could order your computer to help calibrate your weapons or divert power to shields, increasing your aim and armor temporarily. Having at least one point lets you do things like access the local internet and communicate, while high levels might even be an advanced AI!  Unlike the others, this is not required.

Special: As I said before, each ship is unique. This stat is open, allowing you to make special additions as you see fit. I will have to approve them, of course, but it adds a personal touch that helps you connect with the machine. Like Computer systems, this is not required, and most NPC ships will be lacking this. When you put points into "Special", you decide what this unique component is and put points into it. For example, you could put "Special: Cloaking Systems 20" to have a powerful cloaking system equipped to your ship. You can have more than one Special, but each one has to be payed for separately.
Nothing saying it's an exception, Asea.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Half way down the section on armour.

It got clumped together.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Thats why then. Fuck. Thats annoying...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Yeah, sorry about that. It looked fine in Word, but the forum thingy messed it up. I thought I fixed it all, I seem to have been wrong.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]