Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: (ISG) Goofy Rougelike III: Centaur Bowcaster  (Read 8489 times)

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Goofy Rougelike III: Centaur Bowcaster
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2014, 05:11:53 pm »

Yeah, let's not get Tulipsparkles within stabbing range of our justifiability ticked off foe. Kite him.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2014, 05:15:46 pm »

Doubleteam
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2014, 05:18:14 pm »

And so the tie dance begins.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2014, 06:22:38 pm »

Tulip has absolutely no kiting capability, the guy has a pistol. You're actually risking her by not just teaming up and murderating him when you have a chance, especially with all of these insult points.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2014, 06:52:38 pm »

There's no way a gingerbread gentleman with an explicit penalty to attacking females is going to shoot our female noncombatant instead of the mannerless cad that's been shooting back and has already taken out his two compatriots. And even if there was, that's still a much better deal than letting him do so in melee.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2014, 11:06:06 pm »

There's no way a gingerbread gentleman with an explicit penalty to attacking females is going to shoot our female noncombatant instead of the mannerless cad that's been shooting back and has already taken out his two compatriots. And even if there was, that's still a much better deal than letting him do so in melee.

That's a dangerous position to take, considering they're named characters.  They could very well each be unique in their own way.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2014, 04:51:13 pm »

Tulip to melee, the awesome centaur retreats and shoots the closest

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2014, 05:30:32 pm »

Give Tulip the new clothing , After the battle give her a sharpened twig and teach her basic dodging/blocking maneuvers.

"Good job so far Sir Blood Hoof, That sugary ruffian surely doesn't stand half a chance!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2014, 06:15:23 pm »

That's a dangerous position to take, considering they're named characters.  They could very well each be unique in their own way.
Potentially, but it's still highly unlikely given everything we've seen so far. And my point about melee still stands.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2014, 03:11:04 am »

Chapter 1: Frosted Beginnings

Turn 4

"Good job so far Sir Blood Hoof, That sugary ruffian surely doesn't stand half a chance!"

"I humbly accept your praise, good sir, and further posit that this ruffian's  odd's don't even match those of a snowball surviving in a fire realm!"

+2 Chemistry Between LuckyKobold and Sir Bloodhoof

Tulip to melee, the awesome centaur retreats and shoots the closest

".....gulp"

"I like your style fair dwarf! Watch me ruin this foul confection's day! I shall even slay this final cookie cur with my eyes closed!"

+2 Chemistry Between Urist and Sir Bloodhoof
-1 Chemistry Between Urist and Tulipsparkles

"...Shoot him with your eyes closed??? Why the blaizes would you do something stupid like that?"

"Because I know my lame, stupid, feminine, ugly, and infertile foe is dead! You hath not been incrementing his bonus damage counter, which tells that you do not expect the battle to reach his turn. Ergo, the die has already been cast, and his ticket to hell punched!"

"Wait, WHA-"

"Fine. You got me.... *ahem* Tulipsparkles charges into battle, ready to thwak the last remaining baddie with her baton, only to be beaten to the punch by an Arrow fired blind by our metagaming hero! The projectile strikes the hostile gingerbread man right in the dead center of his body!"

The final foe abruptly crumbles into a handful of good sized chunks!

"Huzzah! We are victorious Tulipsparkles!"

"...Yay!?"

"Indeed, the day is won... for now... and to the victors go the spoils! Please vote on Tulipsparkles new ability. I have also added the dungeon map, so you may also feel free to pick the next room that the party visits! I'd ask about splitting up the inventory, but right now nothing is so heavy that Sir Bloodhoof can't haul it all himself."

Tulipsparkles has Leveled Up!
+3 Max HP
She Gains one of the following abilities:
Novice Healer - Up to Twice Per Room, Tulipsparkles may use an enchanted blunt weapon to heal an adjacent ally 1 HP.
Dressing Aid - When a Female Party Member levels up, Tulipsparkles may teach her a high society ability in place of a normal level up ability by consuming a single item of clothing of jewelry.
Fey Trickery - Up to Twice Per Dungeon, Tulipsparkles may switch spots with any foe on the map.

The Party Gains the Following Loot!
x3 Rock Candy Rapiers
x1 Marshmallow Dueling Pistol (4 Shots Loaded)
x1 Marshmallow Dueling Pistol (3 Shots Loaded)
x1 Marshmallow Dueling Pistol (2 Shots Loaded)
x3 Gingerbread Rations
x1 Holiday Cola Advert Shirt
x1 Necklace of Lights

Party Information and Bestiary:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Battlemap:

Town/Dungeon Map:

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2014, 03:23:02 am »

Empty the marshmellows from the 2 shot and 3 shot left pistols and see if they can also be used as food, TulipSparkles can take Novice healer and can wear the Necklace of lights as well as take the other loaded pistol as her ranged weapon, use new gained ability to heal Sir bubbles twice, don't you think a permenant debuff for a simple piece of food is a but much but I guess I can understand it aaaannnd did this encounter count as a room for the purposes of food?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2014, 04:02:33 am »

For Tulip: Get Fey Trickery. We can use it to bring an otherwise out of range enemy in range, or an enemy in melee range out of melee range. Reward her the Necklace of Lights and the T-shirt for her bravery and swift defeat to her baked foe.

As for Bloodhoof: See if the GM will allow us to find a way to melt all three candy rapiers a bit and sort of stick them all on top of each other like a lance. We are literally half-horse. And a knight. It just seems fitting.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2014, 04:14:07 am »

But that's only twice per dungeon, plus, having a healer no matter how small is a big improvement, she is not designed for combat or being anywhere near an enemy when it becomes their turn.
Mabye we could use a flame arrow to melt them, though it would probably be a bit wasteful to do so.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2014, 04:22:08 am »

Using one arrow to make a weapon that can skewer potentially tens of times the number of enemies one arrow would have killed is a good deal.

1 HP isn't a lot. We're better off finding an actual healer or getting some potions. Fey Trickery amends her frailty by letting her escape when needed. As a two-person party with a skilled bowman our tactic should be to disperse enemies and pick them off one by one, using our mobility and anti-range armor class to move across the battlefield and dodge enemy attacks. Tulip, as a clean slate, should be built around that tactic. Control over the battlefield is control over choosing the victor and the loser.

That's just my idea. But I do agree we should get some healing capability soon.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2014, 04:24:47 am »

Combine the rapier and the Gun, repeat with the other two pairs respectively, Have tulip equip all three at the same time, one for each hand, and a final one Hanging from her pinkie/belt when appropriate.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5