Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: (ISG) Goofy Rougelike III: Centaur Bowcaster  (Read 8488 times)

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Goofy Rougelike III: Centaur Bowcaster
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2014, 08:41:12 pm »

Oh, sorry, my bad.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2014, 01:14:41 am »

Well my good sir, it's just so happens the brotherhood has a solution for your image size problems. By simply placing something like width or height after the img inside the HTML tag the image is automatically resized based on the value set. For example, replacing the square brackets with rounded ones for the purposes of this demonstration (img height=800) will now set the image to the height 800 pixels, as demonstrated below in the spoiler:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2014, 01:40:50 am »

Chapter 1: Frosted Beginnings

Turn 2

I do draw bored waiting , so I believe we shall begin now with the only suggestion given since my recent explanation.

Just shoot them with the normal arrows until they die.

Aye! That I shall do, or at least until they snap out of the funk thou hast put them into. I notch an arrow and let it fly towards the center-most of the candy coated country dwellers! My first roll is a 19, or a 24 total, which is enough to hit even the most nimble of foes, much less these luckless losers!

...Sadly the attack only deals the minimum 4 damage, but because they are still stupefied by Powder Miner's prattling, I get to take another shot! Fly true faithful arrow, and find warmth in whatever passes for his heart! My second attack against the fool produces a roll of 12, which after factoring in my bountiful bonus is more than enough to overcome his armor class! Seeing as my minimum damage is enough to liberate this fool of his life, we shall skip right along to the gore.

The First Gentleman takes an arrow to the neck, and collapse to the ground spurting red frosting!

Let's have Tulipsparkles hide behind Bubbles. While the fine gentlemen we are opposing would never attack a lady, it can't hurt her to stay out of the crossfire.

".........Okay. I'm.... I'm good at hiding."

"The Pixie does as instructed, and takes cover behind her rugged and trustworthy ally, which regrettably means the foe may move at last."

"Gadzooks! He hath slain Baron Tastytoes! Enough of this quabbling! We slay this mule now, and if we be dishonorable in doing so, make amends later!"

MULE?!?! How dare you! Why I out to take my right hoof and perform upon thou a recta-.

*BANG!*

Ahem... I mean... the baddies draw their weapons and open fire upon the most handsome and hung of targets on the field! They roll 13 and 9 respectively, which I grudgingly admit are both rolls normally capable of hitting a Centaur of my size and great agility, but their bullets seem to collide and harmlessly deflect off the air in front of me, as the divine ring bestowed upon me by the most generous of mistresses works its mighty magic!

Seeing their shots do nothing, one of the Gingerbread Gentlemen works up the great courage required to approach me. He will be in range to bestow upon me a frighteningly short haircut come next turn unless appropriate action is take!

"My blade demands blood and justice for the slaughter of my friend!"

Party Information and Bestiary:

Battlemap:

Town/Dungeon Map:

Well my good sir, it's just so happens the brotherhood has a solution for your image size problems. By simply placing something like width or height after the img inside the HTML tag the image is automatically resized based on the value set. For example, replacing the square brackets with rounded ones for the purposes of this demonstration (img height=800) will now set the image to the height 800 pixels.

"...Of course it would be a simple fix like that. Of course.

Thanks anyway Tar. I'll give you one of my magical passes to make one of your suggestions or votes count double moving forward. Use it whenever you want. I guess I will take narration duty from here, Sir Bloodhoof, but, hey, you did a damn fine job."

"I humbly accept your remarks regarding my rare and wonderful talent for narration."

"What? Humble? You sir are an arrogent murder of questionable birth and non-existent honor!"

"Why I otta take my left hoof, and shove it so far down thine throat that it comes out of your ar-."

"ANYWAY, Thanks for reminding me! Now that I'm back in force, I can't have these baddies running around with my text color!"

CLICK!

"Enjoy hot pink, gentlemen."

"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! We are EMASCULATED! And offence paid by the GM does fail to even grant us an attack boost to aid in the acquirement of satisfaction!"

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2014, 02:39:46 pm »

Aww, come on, at least give them the attack boost, they deserve that much.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2014, 05:31:24 pm »

Yhea, it only lasts for one successful hit anyway.
Oh, right, Bubbles, Fire at the Closest Enemy in your vicinity!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2014, 05:45:48 pm »

Thwip!

(shoot one)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2014, 03:49:48 am »

Chapter 1: Frosted Beginnings

Turn 3

Yhea, it only lasts for one successful hit anyway.

"'kay."

Violent Insistence on Manners has activated! Each enemy now gains a +1 damage bonus on the next successful hit they land!

"What sour worm hath planted itself in my playerbases brain? Do they not know this is a rougelike, and that they are further jeopardizing my very life to aid our mutual enemy? This must be either madness or sorcery! Surely these candy coated country people need no aid in causing me harm! I'm sure uncouth savages such as they pratice their murderings most everyday!"

Violent Insistence on Manners has activated! Each enemy now gains a +1 damage bonus on the next successful hit they land!

"Curses! I shall hold my tounge for now then, but I shall not forget this slight!"

-4 Chemistry Between Sir Bloodhoof and Shadestyle
-4 Chemistry Between Sir Bloodhoof and Execute/Dumbo.exe

Oh, right, Bubbles, Fire at the Closest Enemy in your vicinity!

Thwip!

"With a mighty 'thwip' do I loose fletched death! I pray it find my foe in a fatal fashion!"

"The dice choose to answer your prayers. You attack roll ends up as 20 after applying your bonus, and the damage roll is 7, just enough to slay the cookie in a single hit!"

The Gingerbread Gentleman is impaled by an arrow! He dramatically clutches the shaft of the fatal projectle, politely compliments your aim, and falls to the ground with a moan before breathing his last.

"Nooooooooooo! Thou hast slain Sir Fudgeknickers the Icing Spattered! I will pay you back in kind for the deaths of my friends, you cur!"

"Ha! Even if thou can follow through with that threat, I would take the damage that ended both of your friends, and still have hit points to spare! I am more likely to die tripping over my companion than I am to fall at thine han-"

*BANG!*

This time the cookie's attack hits home with a roll of 25 after factoring in all his bonuses. The weaponized marshmallow nails our brave knight in the shoulder, inflicting 6 damage after factoring in the opponent's buffs. The cookie in question then chooses to approach our Hero with the intent of cutting him up next round!

"Urk! Tis but a scratch and a flesh wound! I shall make a pincushion out of you yet!"

"Not if I skewer ye first!"

Party Information and Bestiary:

Battlemap:

Town/Dungeon Map:

"Sorry 'bout skipping a day or two there. Family is keeping me busy. They start filtering out of town Sunday, so I could still be a bit patchy until Monday or so. I was half tempted to just finish out the battle here, figuring that you guys would just employ the old 'shoot until they are all dead' tactic anyway, but it is too late and I am too tired to gen up a dungeon map at this hour (which I promised to do when the battle ends).

Anyway. It has come to my attention that a holiday has arrived, and my longtime viewers know what that means!

That's right..."

"Its present time!

At my house, Santa has gotten in the habit of leaving a box of clothes and/or candy in our bedrooms, that we get to open first thing upon waking up. This year, it seems I am up so late that he just handed me the box an hour ago, so I already opened it. This year the pre-Christmas tree box contains 1 T-Shirt Featuring Santa Promoting a Popular Soda Brand, and 1 Tacky Lightup Necklace Designed to Resemble Christmas Lights. I will re-gift these things to the party, as items with mechanical effects of my choosing, unless you lot decide to trade them for the first item I pull out of my stocking in the morning*. Choose Wisely!

*Weirdsound reserves the right to substitute something lame for the mystery stocking suffer if the player who also happens to be his brother spoils the mystery item for everybody else before voting on this matter concludes.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2014, 04:22:56 am »

I'll take the three items over the one.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2014, 04:38:10 am »

Look, I'm sorry about giving the enemies a +2 to their next successful roll, but I just kinda felt bad for them, alright?

Also, quick question, how far can the enemy move in one turn?
Alan help.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2014, 06:47:17 am »

Shirt sounds eh, shiny necklace sounds shiny. Therefore, I say we keep what we have.

Move back enough that the cookie man can't catch us in melee next turn, then continue filling him with arrows.

It's okay, Tulipsparkles. Once this battle's over and you've leveled I'm sure you'll have the HP and abilities to be useful without also being at risk of dying instantly.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2014, 06:52:59 am »

Hmmm, as much as I like going with the safer options, I have to go for whatever you first find in your stocking.
Rouge likes are all about fun, aren't they?
Alan help.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2014, 07:08:54 am »

Hmmm, as much as I like going with the safer options, I have to go for whatever you first find in your stocking.
Rouge likes are all about fun, aren't they?

Roguelikes are all about not looking gift horses in the mouths.  Extra irony if he pulls out a mirror or other reflective item.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2014, 09:52:19 am »

He can't kill you IF YOU GANG UP ON HIM!
(TOGETHER, VIA THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP, JUST MURDERATE THAT GINGERBREAD MAN)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 12:38:47 pm by Powder Miner »

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2014, 11:38:27 am »

Well, I...

*Weirdsound reserves the right to substitute something lame for the mystery stocking suffer if the player who also happens to be his brother spoils the mystery item for everybody else before voting on this matter concludes.
Awwww...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2014, 05:05:35 pm »

Look, I'm sorry about giving the enemies a +2 to their next successful roll, but I just kinda felt bad for them, alright?

"Do try to constrain thou heart regarding the plight of these inferior creatures. I doubt their inferior candy minds can even comprehend their plight!"

"I take offense to that barb! My mind makes thine look like that of a troll's in comparison, and when next to my passionate heart, thine looks like that of a goblin! Allow me to do thee a favor and rip the inferior parts from your frame!"

"...I shall hold my tounge now."

Also, quick question, how far can the enemy move in one turn?

"These guys can move four boxes a turn, but don't worry about it. Because diagonal movement is a *bit* complicated, and I *may* not always remember to turn the grid on the map, I will generally just tell you when the nasty melee character is fixing to get up close and personal with one of our squish guys.

Anyway, it looks like you guys have chosen to take the shirt and the necklace. I will write them up and add them to the inventory after this battle. If you would have picked the stocking stuffer, the party would have ended up with small box of mint flavored malted milk ball candy, so I think you did okay.

Lastly, it looks like we are tied on our next action. We have one vote for kiting the candy dude, and one for double teaming him. If we break the tie quickly, I *may* have time to update tonight."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5