Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Roll to Vigilante!!!  (Read 8557 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Roll to Vigilante!!!
« on: December 19, 2014, 10:42:11 pm »

Present day. New York City. A normal day, until the Game Master Struck. Every television, phone, and computer was interrupted and showed a video of him and his Game Arena. From there, he spoke, so that all people could hear.

"Greetings citizens of New York. today, I have decided that the world has become boring, and something needed to happen. Therefore, WELCOME TO THE BROOKLYN ARENAAAA!!!" As he said this all the bridges moving to and from Brooklyn exploded, injuring and killing those riding along the bridges at that unfortunate time, and a huge forcefield went around the whole borough , blocking any outside forces from entering and anyone inside from exiting.
His image appears on the forcefield.

"HA HA HAHHH! That's a good way to wake up this morning! Now, here are the rules."

"1. Whatever I say goes!"
"2. Stay entertaining, and I won't kill all of ya!"
"3. Last, but definitely not least, HAVE FUNNN!!!"

"Now, time for the 1st game! I call it, MONEY GRAB!!! I've split Brooklyn into 6 parts." A map appears on the top of the Forcefield, designating Brooklyn into 6 districts. "They are Bushwick, Flatlands, Gravesend,New Utrecht, Flatbush, and, of course, Brooklyn! Whoevers total account in a district they live in is highest, wins, and gets a bonus! Whoever is last gets, well, you know, BOOM!" "I'll be sending some mooks of my own to spice things up, BUUUT, without further ado, LET'S GAME ONNN!!!" As he says his last word, Lady Liberty bursts into flames, shrouding her into a complete inferno.

The Game Master has struck, and has Brooklyn under his rule. Who Will Save Them. Time to, Roll To Vigilante!!!

Spoiler: CS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Salsacookies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tomasque (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kevak (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wipeout1024 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: blazing glory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Froggy Ninja (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Playergamer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KingofstarrySkies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SaberToothTiger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vivalas (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 05:43:14 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Vigilante!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 11:47:18 pm »

Name: Johnathan Shipper
Appearance: A man in his early twenties, wearing a leather jacket, jeans, and fedora. He doesn't have a beard or any signs of a mustache, and on first glance seems a lot younger then he really is. He has a thing for pop culture and videogames, and loves to crack immature jokes on unsuspecting people.
Biography: His life was that of any kid the gym teachers would tag a nerd. He didn't like exercise as a kid, and instead turned to reading. When computers came out, though, he ditched the books and was first in line to buy anything related. He got a Phd in computers, and a Master's degree in robotics. He started as a computer repairman, but would always do other "gigs" with computers as long as someone paid enough. When he got his superpowers, he threw that out of the window, too, and began a full fledged life of crime.

Alter Ego: Dexleris
Superpower: Using the ability to change the words coming out of his mouth into their raw meaning, he can project emotions and feelings into people's minds. A simple word - fear - when transformed will give cause the target to grow unexpectedly afraid. Sentences, like for instance, "You saw your friend talk about you with some guy like you werent even there to him" - when changed - will cause the "memory" of the event to imprint itself in their mind, making them believe it actually happened. No one affected will remember hearing him say his "raw meaning."
Alignment: Villain
Weakness: if his target sees his face, he will perceive any of the raw meaning to just be a babble of words. He must be able to see a person to be able to use his power on them, or know where they are (if they are behind him). His targets must be within an radius of ten feet of him or his power won't affect them. For every target he chooses to affect in a single use, it is harder and harder to use the power. Any people not designated as targets will hear his power words as gibberish. In a fight he has is easily beatable, and cannot do well at anything that is physically demanding.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:48:57 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 12:13:32 am »

Name: Johnathan Shipper
Appearance: A man in his early twenties, wearing a leather jacket, jeans, and fedora. He doesn't have a beard or any signs of a mustache, and on first glance seems a lot younger then he really is. He has a thing for pop culture and videogames, and loves to crack immature jokes on unsuspecting people.
Biography: His life was that of any kid the gym teachers would tag a nerd. He didn't like exercise as a kid, and instead turned to reading. When computers came out, though, he ditched the books and was first in line to buy anything related. He got a Phd in computers, and a Master's degree in robotics. He started as a computer repairman, but would always do other "gigs" with computers as long as someone paid enough. When he got his superpowers, he threw that out of the window, too, and began a full fledged life of crime.

Alter Ego: Dexleris
Superpower: Using the ability to change the words coming out of his mouth into their raw meaning, he can project emotions and feelings into people's minds. A simple word - fear - when transformed will give cause the target to grow unexpectedly afraid. Sentences, like for instance, "You saw your friend talk about you with some guy like you werent even there to him" - when changed - will cause the "memory" of the event to imprint itself in their mind, making them believe it actually happened. No one affected will remember hearing him say his "raw meaning."
Alignment: Villain
Weakness: if his target sees his face, he will perceive any of the raw meaning to just be a babble of words. He must be able to see a person to be able to use his power on them, or know where they are (if they are behind him). His targets must be within an radius of ten feet of him or his power won't affect them. For every target he chooses to affect in a single use, it is harder and harder to use the power. Any people not designated as targets will hear his power words as gibberish. In a fight he has is easily beatable, and cannot do well at anything that is physically demanding.
Accepted. You can begin when you want, Brooklyn's in a mass looting frenzy trying to appease the Game Master, so there's your starting situation.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 12:21:02 am »

Name: Nira.
Biography/Appearance: Nira is a Kitsune, Specifically a threetailed one. You wouldn't guess it by his looks, but he is in fact male and he is in fact several hundred years old. He's more or less been living in a park for the past while. He's lived there for centuries. The city just happened to grow around him. Several destroyed construction vehicles later and the humans just made the area a park, although Neri doesn't know that, nor does he care much, never does pay much attention to humans. He's more then a little annoyed by all the noise of late. Explosions and sirens tend to be troublesome when you're trying to nap and he's interested in making everything go back to general quietness. Nira most certainly does not look like a male. Bright orange hair down to his butt, slender, feminine figure, fox ears, and three bushy tails, and appearing to be at most 18 or 19 years of age. His eyes are a fairly vivid purple and he most certainly has a carnivore's fangs. His nails aren't really nails. They're more along the lines of claws. Generally he wears baggy or oversized clothing when humans are around. Easy to magic up something too large. Harder to make something fitting.

Alter Ego: "What's an alter ego?"
Superpower: Nira is a Kitsune. Specifically a threetailed one. And that means a natural grasp of magic on the level that no mortal can match, as well as death really just meaning losing your body temporarily. Easiest way to get a new body is possess someone with a similarish mindset and nudge their mind and body towards your own mind and whatever body you want before merging with them. Can take anywhere from days to months to years depending on the similarity of the mindset. It's definitely a setback but by no means the end. Although by the time he gets a new body, he won't remember the context of the death and won't really care much.
Alignment: Do you really expect a fox to have a moral concept of good and evil?
Weakness: Is a fox. Generally easy to distract and has pretty much no concept of modern day technology. Nira may not forget events, but he tends to forget the context, and therefore the reason he was doing something. Easiest way to get rid of him is just avoid him for a few hours and he'll forget why he was chasing you. His primary goal is to have fun. And fun for a fox usually involves napping, chasing squirrels, and eating birds.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 12:24:42 am »

Name: Nira.
Biography/Appearance: Nira is a Kitsune, Specifically a threetailed one. You wouldn't guess it by his looks, but he is in fact male and he is in fact several hundred years old. He's more or less been living in a park for the past while. He's lived there for centuries. The city just happened to grow around him. Several destroyed construction vehicles later and the humans just made the area a park, although Neri doesn't know that, nor does he care much, never does pay much attention to humans. He's more then a little annoyed by all the noise of late. Explosions and sirens tend to be troublesome when you're trying to nap and he's interested in making everything go back to general quietness. Nira most certainly does not look like a male. Bright orange hair down to his butt, slender, feminine figure, fox ears, and three bushy tails, and appearing to be at most 18 or 19 years of age. His eyes are a fairly vivid purple and he most certainly has a carnivore's fangs. His nails aren't really nails. They're more along the lines of claws. Generally he wears baggy or oversized clothing when humans are around. Easy to magic up something too large. Harder to make something fitting.

Alter Ego: "What's an alter ego?"
Superpower: Nira is a Kitsune. Specifically a threetailed one. And that means a natural grasp of magic on the level that no mortal can match, as well as death really just meaning losing your body temporarily. Easiest way to get a new body is possess someone with a similarish mindset and nudge their mind and body towards your own mind and whatever body you want before merging with them. Can take anywhere from days to months to years depending on the similarity of the mindset. It's definitely a setback but by no means the end. Although by the time he gets a new body, he won't remember the context of the death and won't really care much.
Alignment: Do you really expect a fox to have a moral concept of good and evil?
Weakness: Is a fox. Generally easy to distract and has pretty much no concept of modern day technology. Nira may not forget events, but he tends to forget the context, and therefore the reason he was doing something. Easiest way to get rid of him is just avoid him for a few hours and he'll forget why he was chasing you. His primary goal is to have fun. And fun for a fox usually involves napping, chasing squirrels, and eating birds.
Accepted. Post when ready. Conditions same as Tomasque
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 12:25:45 am »

Oh, I forgot to write what his villain costume is! It's a black robe, sinister black leather gloves, and a polished white mask. The mask is slightly rounded and covers his face. The only distinguishable feature are the two dark pink lenses imbedded in it, and the short line of black dots running down from in between them. I guess I'll start at a bank, coming out of the restroom with my costume on (I had to get it on, somehow).
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 12:34:42 am »

Nira is annoyed. And was napping under a tree until all the noise happened. There are loud noises everywhere. Hasn't been this loud for decades. Also bright lights. A lot of them on those lil rolly creatures that eat humans then poop them out elsewhere. Really don't get what the point of that is. Being eaten and then sitting in a belly till it craps you out seems a lil odd. And a tad disturbing that humans do it with regularity. Why in the world would you Want to be eaten? It's just weird. And those bright flashing lights on the rolly thingies. They're annoying.

Nira gets up and walks over to one of the loud beeping rolly things (a car) and begins to crush it with telekinesis. The noises will stop one by one.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 12:57:25 am »

Name: Mary-Ann Velazquez
Appearance: Mary-Ann is fairly average-looking. However, her lifestyle, and years of stress have caused her to have heavy eye-bags, and also fairly older than she actually is.
Biography: Mary-Ann is a single mother, of two girls, who are aged 12 and 8. and is in her mid-30s. She has been working as a waitress for several years now, and is barely making enough to break even. Her goal in life, so far, is to be a writer, but so far, things aren't looking very good for that prospect. When she found out she had superpowers, she was scared, and honestly, excited at that prospect also.

Alter Ego: Spice Woman
Superpower: Having the ability to summon spice, in a beam, from her hands. She also has a mild resistance to heat.
Alignment: Hero, though a bit closer to Neutral, due to her primarily thinking of herself, but also trying to help others.
Weakness: The spice beam is fairly short-ranged, and that mild resistance isn't going to do much, if an entire building is in flames and she's trapped inside.
Costume: In her alter-ego, she mainly wears a full-body suit, and overused goggles to conceal her face.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 01:47:45 am »

Name: Mary-Ann Velazquez
Appearance: Mary-Ann is fairly average-looking. However, her lifestyle, and years of stress have caused her to have heavy eye-bags, and also fairly older than she actually is.
Biography: Mary-Ann is a single mother, of two girls, who are aged 12 and 8. and is in her mid-30s. She has been working as a waitress for several years now, and is barely making enough to break even. Her goal in life, so far, is to be a writer, but so far, things aren't looking very good for that prospect. When she found out she had superpowers, she was scared, and honestly, excited at that prospect also.

Alter Ego: Spice Woman
Superpower: Having the ability to summon spice, in a beam, from her hands. She also has a mild resistance to heat.
Alignment: Hero, though a bit closer to Neutral, due to her primarily thinking of herself, but also trying to help others.
Weakness: The spice beam is fairly short-ranged, and that mild resistance isn't going to do much, if an entire building is in flames and she's trapped inside.
Costume: In her alter-ego, she mainly wears a full-body suit, and overused goggles to conceal her face.

Accepted. Post at your leisure.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 02:59:43 am »

Mary-Ann was thinking about this all went to rubble, basically. She was looking around, on the sidewalk she was on, just outside of her cheap apartment. "Where are they?" She thought.
Look around, are there any places near me? Can I get inside? If I can, go inside, and search for anything of value. Also, where are my children?
Ain't nobody got time for that.

blazing glory

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 03:54:55 am »

Name:Avery Kelsey.
Appearance:A brunette, she has a somewhat slender body and a savage scar on her cheek probably caused by a large animal.
Biography:(The file has several parts crossed out with a pencil.) A big game hunter, after taking down a tiger Cougar, and returning to Brooklyn, she was detained and fined for killing a member of a threatened species for 3 months. rested in a private cabin for 3 months, she was planning on setting out on another hunt when the Game master locked down Brooklyn.

Alter Ego:Helotherine.
Superpower:The ability to accelerate objects to supernatural speeds.
Alignment:Villain
Weakness:Would collapse in pain if she tried to accelerate herself, flammable objects will explode into flame if she accelerates them due to friction, and quickly burn up before they reach anything, police are especially quick to suspect her normal Ego if they have any reason to.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 09:26:57 am »

Name:Avery Kelsey.
Appearance:A brunette, she has a somewhat slender body and a savage scar on her cheek probably caused by a large animal.
Biography:(The file has several parts crossed out with a pencil.) A big game hunter, after taking down a tiger Cougar, and returning to Brooklyn, she was detained and fined for killing a member of a threatened species for 3 months. rested in a private cabin for 3 months, she was planning on setting out on another hunt when the Game master locked down Brooklyn.

Alter Ego:Helotherine.
Superpower:The ability to accelerate objects to supernatural speeds.
Alignment:Villain
Weakness:Would collapse in pain if she tried to accelerate herself, flammable objects will explode into flame if she accelerates them due to friction, and quickly burn up before they reach anything, police are especially quick to suspect her normal Ego if they have any reason to.
Could you give me a few examples of how your power works? Otherwise, I like it.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 11:23:34 am »

Name: Dave D. Davidson XIV
Appearance: Tall, wiry, unruly dark brown hair, brown eyes.
Biography: A man ridiculed by his coworkers for his theory on the adaptability of technology in cooperation with itself and reverse engineering didn't give a single shit.

Alter Ego: The Gremlin
Superpower: The ability to improve on any tech he's disassembled as well as jury-rig a regular one out of otherwise inadequate materials and combine technology to make new things. Also he can use his body as pretty much any kind of tool.
Alignment: Heroish (tends to get distracted by technology, take it apart and forget to put it back together)
Weakness: While he does have the ability to use his finger as (for example) a blow torch, it cannot be used as a weapon. His jury-rigged tech tends to be very temporary usually only lasting one to five uses (this does not apply to tech made with good parts.)
Costume: Labcoat and specially designed goggles that are equipped with magnification, basic scans etc. Also his labcoat's pockets are full of random shit he uses to jury-rig stuff.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 11:26:34 am by The Froggy Ninja »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 11:26:12 am »

Name: Dave D. Davidson XIV
Appearance: Tall, wiry, unruly dark brown hair, brown eyes.
Biography: A man ridiculed by his coworkers for his theory on the adaptability of technology in cooperation with itself and reverse engineering didn't give a single shit.

Alter Ego: The Gremlin
Superpower: The ability to improve on any tech he's disassembled as well as jury-rig a regular one out of otherwise inadequate materials and combine technology to make new things. Also he can use his body as pretty much any kind of tool.
Alignment: Heroish (tends to get distracted by technology, take it apart and forget to put it back together)
Weakness: While he does have the ability to use his finger as (for example) a blow torch, it cannot be used as a weapon. His jury-rigged tech tends to be very temporary usually only lasting one to five uses (this does not apply to tech made with good parts.)
Accepted. Post away.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 11:29:43 am »

((Added costume.))
"Aw yis."
David goes to a local computer store and disassembles their best wares.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6