Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Human diplomat is a vampire. Does he bite?  (Read 2068 times)

Lytha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Human diplomat is a vampire. Does he bite?
« on: December 19, 2014, 08:55:09 pm »

Hrm... in that fortress with particular bad luck (I swear it's not my fault! The location looked nice enough!), the human diplomat turns out to be a vampire. Legends mode from my clean backup of the world says she killed 817 people before my fortress was founded.

So far, I took great care to not have her chase my duchess around for months as it sometimes happens in busy times with other diplomats. Let's say that I forget to do that some time because I am busy with some stupid project, and the vampire gets hungry. Will she eat my dorfs then?

I am worried. She already has one dwarf bone earring. And she has always some armed guards standing at her back, looking menacing.

Ever since that one wereanteater just zoooooomed to that wood hauler and just butchered him, I am somewhat afraid of the creatures of the night.
Lytha likes fire clay, rose gold, green glass, bags, the colour midnight blue, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, she prefers to consume tea and cow cheese.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Human diplomat is a vampire. Does he bite?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 08:57:10 pm »

Yes.

The human vampire diplomat killed my manson. So I killed him. ::)

By the way, it will be listed in justice menu.

For example, the murder of Urist McManson. But I've never tried how the system works.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 08:58:43 pm by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 02:42:07 am »

Lock them with someone useless and a bed and wait a few months, then accuse them of the murder. Be interesting to lock up a diplomat.
'I HAVE DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY'
"Ye whut, laddy?"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 03:31:43 am »

This happens on a regular basis: My thread on this

I'm told that as vampires have a lot of people skills, they tend to get diplomatic jobs.

I have another one (different fort) locked in the secondary upstairs wellroom at the moment. He's been in there a year or so. So have his guards. So far the guards haven't fallen asleep and he and his guards have had nothing to eat. It doesn't seem to have had any effect, no yelling of diplomatic immunity, and the humans haven't declared war.

Edit: I did accuse one of murder, several times, in the justice menu. The dwarfs did not act on it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 03:35:21 am by Thisfox »
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Lytha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 06:07:46 am »

Yes, she must have some high social skills. Legends mode says that she had to flee from her home town about a dozen times, but she always returned there quite quickly and got back into society flawlessly.

Only a dozen times discovered while murdering about 700 humans of that town though! Quite artful.

Locking her and her guards up, eh? I need to look into that. Preferably before she gets hungry while visiting my fortress. Hrm.
Lytha likes fire clay, rose gold, green glass, bags, the colour midnight blue, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, she prefers to consume tea and cow cheese.

Wooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 06:32:09 am »

'I HAVE DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY'
Sure, but you don't have MAGMA IMMUNITY.
Unofficial Lazy Newb Pack 43.03, Dwarf Mode only
Favourite utilities, mods and hacks: TWBT and Stockpile Settings Management; Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 09:30:29 pm »

Well it seems their diplomat is also their ruler (law-giver), unlike dwarven civilizations.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 09:31:09 pm »

Killit, kill the sieges it brings, revel in the less begotten human-ite.

Or at least expedite its journey.  Meet with it asap or confine it via doors or w.e.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 05:18:26 am »

Surely you could try imprisoning it for eternity? Even if he goes insane he won't die of thirst or hunger.

Lytha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 09:06:01 pm »

Ugh. Took him a few years, but then he started nibbling on my dorfs. Or at least I think he did - when the vampire left, one of my dorfs was suddenly suffering from a "major blood loss" and some fainting for a while.

I took matters in my hands with a diplomat trap and a drawbridge.

Ehm. Next summer, they'll send humanite instead of a caravan?

VoxieG

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember me, friends?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2014, 03:30:00 am »

Ehm. Next summer, they'll send humanite instead of a caravan?
Definitely. Destroying caravans will gradually piss off the humans, but killing a diplomat is non-negotiable—unless we're using Dwarven negotiation strategies.

Lytha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 05:13:01 am »

Hm. They named a new diplomat/lawgiver - a normal human being for once, at least that's what legends mode from the start of my fortress claims, but that is 20 dorf years ago so who knows.

The next summer, caravan appeared, then this new diplomat.

She complimented my fortress, told me some news (amongst other things, guess what? The old diplomat/lawgiver had been replaced!), and hurried off. Interesting enough, this new one didn't have any bodyguards.

Maybe they'll siege me next year, who knows.

Or maybe even though they're idiot humans, they noticed that it's weird that one of their short-lived kind could've been the lawgiver of their civilization from 264 to 526 and is memorialized as "slayer of humans" on the slab I made for that fiend.

Or maybe it paid off that I tended to throw prepared food pots and worn clothing at them in the range of a few million dorfbucks, partially as even as offerings.

Or maybe the fiend Senre Deathentranced (no kidding) was a member or a different human civilization than the newcomer Sathar Hoofhole, and Senre's human buddies are very upset indeed but didn't want to siege while their kind was already on site.

There were no witnesses to her sudden demise, by the way. Her bodyguards were not in the room with the drawbridge and they scurried off without any fuss.

I'll just wait and see. :)

For now, I imagine wild parties about the death of their evil overlord, over there in Burnlong.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 05:25:08 am by Lytha »

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2014, 09:38:35 am »

Congratulations. You liberated their people from the vampirism tyranny.