Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24

Author Topic: Let's Play Pokemon Tabletop United! (In Game) Chapter 1: Rocky  (Read 31588 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Let's Play Pokemon Tabletop United! (In Game) Chapter 1: Rocky
« on: December 19, 2014, 03:43:43 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Hira Region...

Pokemon Trainers of all kinds are found on this peaceful island. From the Islands of Stocdal and Lebrin to the beaches on the south coast of Central Eridal, the land is diverse and beautiful.

However, all good things must come to an end. A group of radicals in Stocdal have gathered and have invaded and overthrown the Elite Four and the Champion. The numbers of this group, calling themselves Team Highborn, increased to a large number within days. Soon, the capital city of Nold was taken, and people fled to Eridal in hopes of escaping. However, only a handful of ferries made it across, and the rest never left port. The battles began to wage in Central Eridal, as the last of the free people of the Hira Region fight the soldiers of Team Highborn. It seems like a losing war, and if the reinforcements from Kalos and Unova fail to arrive on time, then all hope is lost.

It is here where the story takes place, in Macha Village in North Eridal; the largest cluster of homes excluding Festle City, the capital of North Eridal. Soldiers block anyone from leaving with hopes that they keep the people safe. However, some soldiers are seen with a man in a long white labcoat with sunglasses, blond hair and a brown and green bandana wrapped around his right arm, who are seen with a group of people ranging from twenty to twenty five and those people are not seen of again. The man is seen twice with more soldiers each time.

This time, however, soldiers come to six people, most of whom are refugees escaping the battle. You're all gathered together against your will and brought by soldiers to a spot outside of town near the road to Festle City. You can't seem to get a hold of your pokemon as the man in the labcoat is seen knelt over something with a duster in one hand and a strange rock in the other. The soldiers surround you but let you go as you stand before the man in the labcoat

"I'm sorry I had to do this to you, but there was no other way. I hope you can forgive me. Tell me; do you know who I am?"
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 08:38:41 pm by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pokemon Tabletop United! (In Game) Prologue: Taken
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 03:55:26 pm »

Should we? Why have you forced us here, against our will may I add. We may be mere refugees, but we are citizens of this land and as such deserve some rights!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TomatoWalrus

• Bay Watcher
  • I am one of the tomatos.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 04:07:56 pm »

Spoiler: OOC comments (click to show/hide)
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 04:12:42 pm »

"Let me guess. You're some professor by the look of your labcoat that thinks that there's a Pokemon out there that can liberate our hides from those radicals currently threatening the land and you want to send us on a mission. At the very least, it has something to do with the Radicals, no?"
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 04:15:55 pm »

*Doesn't say much, those around him saying plenty with nothing he could say being able to add to the situation. Though he doesn't match their ferocity, Charles doesn't want to get between the justifiable angry people and the mysterious paleontologist*

*Charles waits for the answer*
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 04:24:18 pm by Neonivek »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 04:33:33 pm »

Should we? Why have you forced us here, against our will may I add. We may be mere refugees, but we are citizens of this land and as such deserve some rights!

He looks at you, his gaze through his sunglasses is unsettling, but you can see his eyebrows show sorrow.

"I'm sorry I had to do it this way, but we need trainers of your talents to help us. Team Highborn is going to win if we don't have more talented trainers helping us. And as much as I hate to say this, but I can't ask you to help; you MUST help us. "

"Let me guess. You're some professor by the look of your labcoat that thinks that there's a Pokemon out there that can liberate our hides from those radicals currently threatening the land and you want to send us on a mission. At the very least, it has something to do with the Radicals, no?"

His look of sadness turns to a smile at this.

"You're close. Yes, I am Professor Hawthorn. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a single pokemon outside of legends that can help us. Team Highborn seems to march under the sign of a strange bird I have never seen before. At this time, no. There is no single pokemon out there that can stop them... Not one yet anyway. No, I want you to deliver a letter to a friend of mine in Macha Village who will fill you all in more. His name is Rocky; he's a Sargent that is probably working the food distribution in the center of town. Give the message to him, and then I ask you to come to my lab before you do as Rocky says."

He takes the rock in his hand and dusts it off some more and hands it to one of the soldiers along with a letter who in turn, hands it to Koduku.

"Show the soldiers blocking the town this and they'll know I gave it to you and let you through to Festle City. There, look for the building outside of the City that has the big Tyrunt skull on it, you can't miss it if you take the road.

I would also recommend you avoid talking to anyone you know so you don't burden them with what you're going to be doing. I hope to meet you back at my lab on better terms. Now if you'll excuse me..."

He turns away and the soldiers grab you all by your sleeves and bring you back to town.

"Finish your task. Good luck to you young lads." One of the soldiers says before leaving you.

You're now in the Village of Macha. There are no pokemon centers, no pokemarts. There are several buildings used as shelters and tents line the fields that were once used for farming. There are a lot of people despite the handful of homes here.

What does the party do?

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 04:42:19 pm »

"What an eventful start of the day."

Looks at the rest of the party and puts his hands behind his back.

"Well then. Since I don't want to suffer the gazes of those soldiers who are most probably watching us to make sure we do it, why don't we get this over with? Aurelius's the name by the way."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TomatoWalrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 04:46:15 pm »

I speak: "I suppose we're in this whether we like it or not. My name is Tom. We should probably do as the professor says, preferably soon. I don't know about any of you, but I only have one Pokemon, and he's not really cut for battling, so catching a few Pokemon on the way would probably be a good idea, just in case."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 04:53:43 pm »

Nods.

Yes, we should do as the Professor..."asks"...

My name is Andorian, pleased to meet you all.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 04:59:31 pm »

"Hello, I am Charles Juanne. Pleased to meet you" as he gives a polite bow

"I was really hoping to start my pokemon journey, this has really put a damper of the whole festivities. Though I am more of a pokemon breeder and not a trainer. I am not sure why they are teaming me up with five other trainers"

Charles starts walking towards the tend where they need to deliver the letter, continuing the conversation on the go.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 05:50:47 pm by Neonivek »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 07:07:44 pm »

"I was really hoping to start my pokemon journey, this has really put a damper of the whole festivities. Though I am more of a pokemon breeder and not a trainer. I am not sure why they are teaming me up with five other trainers"

Charles starts walking towards the tend where they need to deliver the letter, continuing the conversation on the go.

Stops Charles with a pat on the shoulder.

"Woah there, Charles Juanne. I am confident that if we walked around, we'd eventually end up where we need to be, but let's not waste needless time wandering about. The professor said that we shouldn't talk to people we know. Not people in general."

Turns to the folks in the party.

"Give me a moment to ask a few questions. I'd like to know more about this Sergeant and Professor."

Goes around near the group and asks people about the Sergeant and Professor. Also makes sure whether the Sergeant is where he's supposed to be. Listen to a bit of gossip as well and ask how bad it is in the mainland.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 07:49:50 pm »

Stops Charles with a pat on the shoulder.

"Woah there, Charles Juanne. I am confident that if we walked around, we'd eventually end up where we need to be, but let's not waste needless time wandering about. The professor said that we shouldn't talk to people we know. Not people in general."

Turns to the folks in the party.

"Give me a moment to ask a few questions. I'd like to know more about this Sergeant and Professor."

Goes around near the group and asks people about the Sergeant and Professor. Also makes sure whether the Sergeant is where he's supposed to be. Listen to a bit of gossip as well and ask how bad it is in the mainland.

(?) You start to go towards a group of people and talk to them. One of them is about your age, perhaps younger, with medium length black hair and a small baton that seems to be able to extend on his leg, just under his pokeball. He has a blue and black hoodie on and stands a little taller then you and is of quite a larger size. He looks almost as strong as one of your allies who has remained silent so far. His arms are crossed, his larger hands bound in fingerless gloves with metal studs over the knuckles. He seems to have a necklace of a sorts but is hidden under his hoodie. Something about him looks familiar but you don't really know what. Of all of them, he's the one who talks first.

"I know the Sargent. In fact, I work with him sometimes."

He lifts up the necklace, showing his dog tags, his hands no longer hiding his rank. It reads that his name is Private Karlos Ravenhurst of Nold.

"He's been helping out people for awhile. I was on the front lines while he was here starting the refugee camps. I was there when Nold fell, but I made it here in one piece. They then put me to work with him. He's a good hearted guy, but I think he's a little soft on the recruits. He's still doing his rounds right now, but he'll be going on his break in half an hour from now. If you're looking for him, you may want to talk to him then.

The Professor, however, I know a little bit more then most, but still not enough. He's from Lawe and came to North Eridal to do some field work around here, but because of the war, he's stuck here. He seemed obsessed with fossils and the past. He claims to study how pokemon have changed and evolved through the ages, but it makes little to no sense to me. We already have Professor Rowan making breakthroughs on pokemon evolution; why do we need some fossil obsessed freak claiming he's studying evolution as well? But anyway, he genuinely seems to care about people, despite looking as hardened as a geodude's hide.

The mainland? Kid, the mainland is crawling with Team Highborn. I hate to say this, but I hope you don't have family there, because you might never see them again."

He steps towards you, stands straight and then looks you right in the eye with his head cocked to the side. The others of the group step back.

"So who are you and why do I feel like I remember you from somewhere?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 08:15:49 pm »

"Me? I'm just a simple refugee from the mainland as you guessed. Had somebody I could've called family back there but I haven't heard from them since I left to search for something.  I assure you, my good man, I'm not here to cause any trouble. My company and I,"

Waves casually at them.

"thought we'd pass by the Sargent and ask him a few questions. Maybe even see what we can do to help, if possible. I'm just getting a feel for the layout and people here, what with dangers rounding every corner. Might I ask whom are you, my good man?"
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 08:17:50 pm »

"Me? I'm just a simple refugee from the mainland as you guessed. Had somebody I could've called family back there but I haven't heard from them since I left to search for something.  I assure you, my good man, I'm not here to cause any trouble. My company and I,"

Waves casually at them.

"thought we'd pass by the Sargent and ask him a few questions. Maybe even see what we can do to help, if possible. I'm just getting a feel for the layout and people here, what with dangers rounding every corner. Might I ask whom are you, my good man?"

His eyes squint in disbelief at your "simple refugee" comment, but he keeps a slight scowl on him.

"I'll take you to him, but after that, you're on your own. And my family is from Nold City. There isn't much for me to say since I joined the army at a young age"
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 08:23:24 pm by highmax28 »

TomatoWalrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 08:24:56 pm »

Bows slightly
Thank you. We appreciate you taking the time to help us.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24