Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: fun changes to the raws  (Read 6622 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: fun changes to the raws
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2014, 03:59:25 am »

Only one mention of changing ethics to make eating sapients acceptable? I guess people have enough excess from regular sources that extracting organics out of goblinite isn't necessary.

I used to mod that everytime I played. Now since the last version, not so much.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2014, 09:30:36 am »

Why would you want sapient consumption?

I changed my dwarf ethics to capital punishment before, which iirc makes it possible  but  Im not sure who gets the hammer: the cook, butcher, or consumer.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2014, 09:34:40 am »

Why would you want sapient consumption?

*kobold meat roasts* x13

also makes it easier to make bone bolts from the bones your hated enemy (goblins, kobolds, elves... pick your poison) and use these against them.

Sardeed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2014, 10:38:25 am »

I normaly just make elfs,humans, goblins, trolls and kobolds trainable/wartrainable for my fighting arena  :P .
-
-
-
-
Oh and i give the milkable tag to elves and human females, mhhhh they produce great cheese.
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2014, 01:37:17 pm »

The only ethic raw I change is for humans to accept the torture of animals. I have no idea why they currently reject it, given that according to the wiki their ethics "match real humans in past times", who enjoyed sports like bear baiting and burned cats to counter witchcraft.

Eating sapients is unnecessary and should really cause prion diseases if dwarves do it, sending some slowly insane until they react with predictable consequences.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2014, 07:19:20 pm »

You're right; prion disease really would explain a lot about dwarves.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2015, 07:12:25 am »

But it currently does not, because they do not eat sapients. My point is that if they do, based on somebody modding the raws, they should get prion diseases and slowly go insane, eventually unleashing the !!fun!! we all love.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2015, 07:57:23 am »

... Why would eating sapients cause prion diseases.

E: Sure, it's a transmission vector, but dwarves breathing doesn't cause aerosol-transmitted diseases to spontaneously appear.

I you eat an infected individual you'll get the disease, sure. But they have to be infected in the first place, that isn't caused by cannibalism itself.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 08:08:02 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2015, 08:31:10 am »

Catching prion diseases is most likely by eating the nervous system and brain. Sapients have bigger brains.

That seems to be the most likely answer. We know that in places where cannibalism was common, many people suffered from a prion disease called kuru which caused insanity.

Prions are mutated proteins, and given how much variance there is in DF offspring there must be some mutation going on. Having a very small chance of a creature having a prion disease, and it spreading to anyone who eats its brain or nervous system, would be a very good addition to punish those elves.

Diseases in general need to be added, having 200 dwarves in cramped underground quarters should cause more problems than mere miasma.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 08:34:18 am by Urist Uristurister »

For old times' sake.

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2015, 12:48:54 pm »

Oh and i give the milkable tag to elves and human females, mhhhh they produce great cheese.

Do you mean (elf and human) females, or (elves) and (human females)?

(Either way - Eeewww!)
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2015, 02:14:44 pm »

Catching prion diseases is most likely by eating the nervous system and brain. Sapients have bigger brains.

That seems to be the most likely answer. We know that in places where cannibalism was common, many people suffered from a prion disease called kuru which caused insanity.

Prions are mutated proteins, and given how much variance there is in DF offspring there must be some mutation going on. Having a very small chance of a creature having a prion disease, and it spreading to anyone who eats its brain or nervous system, would be a very good addition to punish those elves.

Diseases in general need to be added, having 200 dwarves in cramped underground quarters should cause more problems than mere miasma.
That's a very big assumption, especially since it seems to be based on a few cases, since kuru is endemic to new Guinea.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2015, 06:39:42 pm »

Ritual cannibalism involving eating the brain and nervous system was practiced among the Fore people in New Guinea. They could just have been unlucky to have prions in the area.

For old times' sake.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]