Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31

Author Topic: FEF: Seed of Chaos IC  (Read 28105 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Seed of Chaos IC
« Reply #405 on: July 30, 2015, 10:33:18 am »

Fiona nodded quietly and got on Allegro, looking back at Santoku.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 30, 2015, 10:39:02 am »

Santoku mounted up behind Fiona. "After we get your friends, I want to go back for my coat. I only have the one."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 30, 2015, 12:10:30 pm »

:"...if we can do it safely, I guess."
Fiona tugged lightly on Allegro's reigns, and the pegasus eagerly lifted off, darting through the air to scout.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 30, 2015, 12:21:57 pm »

By the time you arrive at the battle site, the hill is abandoned; the only signs remaining are scorch marks, broken arrows, and some hastily dug graves. Of the raiders and your own friends, nothing remains.

Neither Santoku or Fiona are exactly skilled in tracking, but as far as you can tell the raiders took their captives south-east - into Kulandria itself, and headed towards the coast.

At least Santoku's coat is still lying, crumpled, where he'd chucked it.

You could head back to Larrensford and see if Yamira can offer you any assistance, or you could not waste any time and try to catch them on the way to their destination.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 30, 2015, 12:27:53 pm »

"Well, no time like the present. We should try and get to them before they see us."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 30, 2015, 01:56:09 pm »

:"Y-yeah. Let's go."
Onwards, to follow the bandits!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 30, 2015, 04:33:27 pm »

The pair take to the air again, but the bandits are good at covering their tracks. As you fly, you notice the military columns marching towards the border - and are forced to take evasive action when wyvern riders take flight to try to intercept you.

It takes longer to regain the trail - and by the time you locate the tracks and follow them again, it's dark. It's the next day before you find the camp they're taken to, but it seems well guarded - too well guarded, perhaps, for a assault by the pair of you. A position on top of a cliff allows you to look into the camp. Five ramshackle wooden huts adorn a grassy slope before a pair of entrances to a cave. It seems the captives are kept in the cave, but there's always guards outside both entrances. A light rain falls while you try to decide what to do. Perhaps a better chance will reveal itself?

---

For those taken captive, it had not been any more pleasant. You were given just enough aid to get you able to move before, with kicks and curses, you were forced to start a brutal pace. It feels like either forever, or a very short time, before the raiders seem to have sold you to a bunch of pirates. Unarmed, you're thrown into a damp, mud-floored cave. The pirates notice your injuries, and after a brief muttered conversation, one leaves to bring an old man in, holding a heal staff.

You aren't the first group of captives brought in - sitting against the wall, a young cavalier is about the only one that looks like they could be helpful in an escape attempt.

//Theo and Edmund Brauner are in!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 30, 2015, 05:37:56 pm »

Santoku sighed. Nothing was ever easy. "...The captives are all in the cave. Maybe we could set fire to their camp? Dunno how well it'd take with the rain, though."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 30, 2015, 06:24:40 pm »

Jasmine waited the old man to leave before whispering to her companions.

: "Everyone still alive? Anyone see if Flygirl and that dancing prick made it out?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 30, 2015, 07:04:35 pm »

The merchant fumed.

It wasn't the murderous walk. It wasn't the painful wounds. It wasn't the scraps they were fed on the trail, just enough to walk but nothing more. It wasn't their allies abandoning them nor even their loss at the bandits had seemed to chip at the rogue's always cheerful-if-flat outlook.

No, it was when they took his backpack, emptied it out before him, and then tossed it out of reach. The way he constantly shifted, touched his shoulders, and the obvious expression of frustration and discomfort from his disconnection from one of the static attributes of the man. As if the backpack had been a dam, all of the negativity of the situation seemed to have hit him all at once.

And so the merchant fumed in silence, staring a hole into the dirt of the cave floor.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 30, 2015, 07:08:38 pm »

:"How would we set them on fire anyway...? Humm... if we could find their stuff, I'm sure I could grab enough of it to toss inside the cave? Maybe... maybe one of us could be a distraction or something while the other goes in?

Also... what's with those armies?
"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 30, 2015, 07:14:37 pm »

"Not a clue. But if they're guarded, just getting weapons into the cave won't be enough. We'll need to get them into their hands..." Santoku surveyed the camp, stroking his chin the way he'd seen an old man do all the time. "...Okay, what if you do a flyby of the camp, see if you can get a bunch of them to follow you? I sneak in, and try to get an idea of where they're keeping the gear... Nah, there's too much we don't know for that to work. I need to know where the gear is already, and be able to make a beeline for the cave once I've got the goods. Plus, I don't think I could carry everyone's weapons, so I'd have to prioritize... So which of your pals are the best fighters? That spitfire is definitely on my short list."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 30, 2015, 07:31:34 pm »

:"How many do you think you could carry...? I could hand you one of Allegro's saddlebags if it would help."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 30, 2015, 07:43:19 pm »

"I suppose it depends on what I'm grabbing. I bet the book would fit... Not sure what the rest of your pals were carrying, honestly. We're going to need the horned chick's staff though." Santoku continued to ponder the scenario.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 30, 2015, 07:45:15 pm »

:"Zahir's hatchet could probably fit too, and if you put it in right Laz's knife, and then you could just carry her staff?"
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31