Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31

Author Topic: FEF: Seed of Chaos IC  (Read 28138 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Seed of Chaos IC
« Reply #225 on: April 19, 2015, 03:11:15 pm »

The demonhunter had paused to clean his blade, but now he joined the conversation.

"You fought well, but I have bad news. The raiders you killed weren't the only ones. I saw some take captives back into the forest.

If you want to go rescue them, however, I won't be coming with you. My order isn't supposed to involve ourselves in matters of men. I'd heard the Horned had been seen in the area, but I've seen neither horn nor hide of them.

Still..."

He rummages in the pockets inside his cloak, and finds a small bottle. He tosses it to Fiona.
"Could be useful if you can't find a healer."
Fiona gets Elixir!

"They've captured some of my people? I can't let them... but my people here need me, too. If...
I'll find a tracker. You can follow them back and rescue the captives. I'll double your pay."

She heads off, talking to villagers, taking a moment to organise some with buckets to try to put out the fire.

Gulflagon nodded at Jasmine as he heard her question. "You are correct, friend. I am from holy Culanthi. I came out among these uncivilised lands to hunt and purge the vile creature s that haunt mankind."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 19, 2015, 03:24:34 pm »

: "Sorry, the what? 'Horned'? Sounds vaguely familiar..."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 19, 2015, 03:42:54 pm »

"Those born with horns. A sign of the taint in their veins. They bring nothing but misery and misfortune."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 19, 2015, 06:15:00 pm »

"Hmmm, is that truly so? I'd thought it naught but fairy tales to distrust strangers." The merchant readjusted the straps on his burdensome backpack.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 19, 2015, 07:45:21 pm »

"What kind of horns? Are we talkin' minotaurs, demons, bogeymen, what?"
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 20, 2015, 05:23:57 pm »

"It depends on the indidivual. Some of great horns, like that of a stag, and some barely break the skin."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 20, 2015, 05:36:15 pm »

Lazarus took his ignored question without a beat, continuing on.

"Who told you of the horned one in the area? With the surprising coincidence of the attack on the town and your proximity... Hmhmhm."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 20, 2015, 05:41:27 pm »

"The demonhunters have many friends, and as I travel I ask the populace. They are grateful for the deaths of the abominations, for the most part." He frowned at Lazarus. "Are you trying to suggest something?"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 20, 2015, 05:57:18 pm »

"Never tarry being wary, or your situation might be quite hairy." The merchant spoke in an almost singsong.

"One must always watch whom and where they obtain their supplies, be it mercantilism or travels. Someone may not like you. Or perhaps its fate?" The merchant was silent before slowly nodding his head.

"It would be wise to not have fate dislike oneself. If you ever learn how to avoid such, do be sure to tell me though. Hmhmhmhm!"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 20, 2015, 07:40:57 pm »

"I... what?"
Fortunately, the demonhunter was saved from responding by Yamira walking back up, accompanied by a teenager who had clearly lost the genetic lottery.

"This is Gustache. He'll help you track the raiders. Hopefully you'll be able to get back before night... there's Arachnids in the forest, and they come out in the dark."

"Yee. I'm yeer guide. Me pappy knews these woods better than aneeone and ee passed it on. Now fellew me..."

-----

In the forest, a young priestess walked along a grassy path, stones long ago swallowed by turf. The trees sighed in the soft breeze of the early evening. From the trees, sinister eyes watched.

Up the hill, two figures stood. One was swaddled in a cloak, with a single, narrow curved horn angled down. The other was powerfully built, clad in armour.

"There's a traveller coming down the road. She's one of mine, it seems. Don't know why they're sending another out here. Have the men collect her."

"They're my men, not yours, Calo. I give the orders. I deserted coz of you said we get get revenge, but Sindros shoulda been back by now. You said this would be easy. Payback and profit."

"My dear Trag, there's always risk in these things."

----

Alison Blais had been travelling along the road for a while. She'd not found anything worthwhile in the villages she'd passed - a bunch of miserable peasants and little more. It was, however, a surprise, when a bunch of armed, rather unpleasant looking fellows emerged out the bush.

"'Ey, Miss. You're to come with us."
They didn't look like they were about to take no for an answer, either... when a rather strange looking man with a wooden sword emerged behind her from the trees.

----

Santoku Nake was lost. Really, really lost. He'd been in this forest a couple of days, and his food was running rather lower. He heard voices ahead - he walked on into a scene of several armed thugs, demanding a young priestess come with them.
Clearly a hero was needed.

----

The guide had lead them through the forest, long having left the paved and even dirt roads behind. At the sight of people moving ahead, the guide hung back.

"Their tracks lead eere. I'm going back to the village. I'm no good in a fight. I neeed to make it befer dark."

Chapter One: Rescue Raid

Turn One - Players

03/100 XP

Spoiler: Objectives (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  HP (click to show/hide)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 20, 2015, 07:50:45 pm »

Santoku stepped from the forest, brushing leaves from his coat. "Well well well, what do we have here?" Wearing a cocking grin, Santoku extended his index finger at one of the nearby thugs. "Hey ugly! Don't you know it's rude to accost a lady on the road? You better get outta here before I get upset!"

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 20, 2015, 07:53:22 pm »

"You heard the man. I think I'll stay right where I want to. Is that too much of a problem?"
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 20, 2015, 08:12:11 pm »

The thugs looked confused at the sudden entrance, having a rapid, quiet conversation.
"Where did he come from? Was he just... in the woods?"
"Maybe he was lost."
"Don't be stupid."
"Don't call me stu-"
"Shut up the lot of you!"

The man who had spoken before made an effort to get things back on track.
"Who... Whoever you are, runt, shove off back where you came from. I've been told to fetch the girl. So I'm fetching her, and if you get in the way I'll hurt you real bad."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 05:56:10 am by GiglameshDespair »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 20, 2015, 08:23:18 pm »

"Hehehe... Alright."

"Alright you sons of bitches, you dig the wax outta those ears of yours and listen good! A shadowy figure stalks the landscape! A shining silver blade his only companion! He strikes down evildoers wherever he finds them, and sees no injustice unpunished! That's me, Santoku Nake!" Santoku tossed his conspicuously wooden sword into the air and flung off his coat, catching the blade as his coat fluttered to the ground behind him. His bare chest and arms now on display, it was clear to anyone who would know that he was a former mine slave, based on the tattoos on his upper arms.

"Last warning- You come near this woman and each and every one of ya is gonna be feeding worms, ya got that?"

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 20, 2015, 08:28:17 pm »

Alison raised an eyebrow at the stranger's amusing confidence but said nothing of it. She glared at the one who made demands of her to make it clear who she meant and addressed her odd savior.

"This unkempt lackey annoys me. If you fight them I will take care of your wounds."
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 08:29:58 pm by Glowcat »
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31