Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: The Save the World Thread  (Read 10987 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: The Save the World Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2014, 04:17:35 pm »

Idea 14:  More tiny bubbles.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2014, 05:32:46 pm »

1. Eliminate all subsidies, tax breaks, and support of corporations.

>Those are all protectionist policies that disrupt the free market
>It's like you don't even economics
>Oh wait

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2014, 06:26:51 pm »

SOUNDS LIKE BAY12 NEEDS SOME RON PAUL 2012

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2014, 07:09:14 pm »

1. Eliminate all subsidies, tax breaks, and support of corporations.

>Those are all protectionist policies that disrupt the free market
>It's like you don't even economics
>Oh wait
>Those are all protectionist policies that support corporations
>It's like you don't even state-owned means of production
>Oh wait
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2014, 03:50:25 am »

Step 1 of saving the Earth: Press ctrl+s

There is no Step 2
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2014, 08:06:14 am »

Mass mind alteration of humanity.

Instill humanity with high preference toward *insert 'good' ideologies here*.

???

Humanity wins?!

EDIT: Alternatively... Mandetory Hive Mind

Problem:  What's a good ideology and what deity gave you the right to make that decision for the entire planet?

Anyway I think we're in the freefall stage at this point.  The proletariat can't seize the means of production from the bourgeoisie because the means of production seized itself from the bourgeoisie years ago.  It runs the show now.  I look around and I see a world that's being directed by economic forces with no human oversight.  The car's still driving and it's still sucking up fuel but there's nobody behind the wheel and its only justification for driving is "I must drive."  With every cycle the system expands but there's a limit to how far it can expand.  Technology keeps pushing that limit back but I don't think we're going to be able to keep playing that game much longer.  I don't think there's a "solution" aside from letting the car drive until that brick wall ahead of it stops moving backwards and it crashes.

This might be controversial on Liberal Crime Fortress Forums, I know where we tend to swing on issues, but I think the best world order would be one where most of the population has returned to the premodern structure they had before us honkeys fucked them over while the remaining ten percent or so remains highly technological but without the enlightenment progress axioms that led us to our current troublesome situation.

That is, time is not linear or progressive.  Time is a ball rolling across a landscape.  There may be ups and downs ahead but there is no ordained pattern or improvement or decline.  The same place on the ball may touch the ground twice but it will do so in a different time and context.  Situations and circumstances reappear but never exactly the same.

Because history is not a linear upward progression other cultures do not occupy a lower or previous state on our axis.  Our culture isn't any more correct than theirs and if they have problems they also have the agency to deal with them without our interference.  Our interference in other people's affairs has generally caused more problems than it's solved. 

Because we've abandoned the idea that history is linear and our culture occupies the highest point on a developmental axis that other cultures are lagging behind on, we no longer feel the need to spread our way of life to other cultures.  Thus our way of life remains sustainable and doesn't exponentially grow until it sucks the planet dry of resources.  Our science, development, and design, free of progressivist blinders, can now look at new innovations with the appropriate skepticism and begin the process of innoculation against innovations that should not happen (Remember that long before we thought to use flying robots to deliver packages we thought to use them to deliver missiles)

Shoes...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2014, 07:58:51 pm »

Well, the first part of the problem is people have differing idealogies/opinions.  Make them all the same and they will have fewer reasons to hamstring each other, on purpose. 
We will allow cats to decide what the 'good' ideologies are.  Race/gender/cultures/countries/nations/religions do not matter anymore.  The purpose of humans are now to worship and care for cats in unity.  That cannot happen when humans are killing each other or are too weak/malnourished to do so.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2014, 06:55:29 am »

Well, the first part of the problem is people have differing idealogies/opinions.  Make them all the same and they will have fewer reasons to hamstring each other, on purpose. 
We will allow cats to decide what the 'good' ideologies are.  Race/gender/cultures/countries/nations/religions do not matter anymore.  The purpose of humans are now to worship and care for cats in unity.  That cannot happen when humans are killing each other or are too weak/malnourished to do so.

I get where you're joking but I think saying "People have differing opinions so we should make them all the same" is like saying "There would be no starving if we made it so people don't have to eat."
Shoes...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2014, 07:13:01 am »

People don't need to eat if they're dead.

Seriously there's no problem that cannot be solved with liberal application of murder.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2014, 10:53:03 am »

Step 1:Cocaine for everyone

There is no step 2
Didn't Germany already do that?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2014, 11:57:05 am »

Naah, just Freud.

I myself advocate a genocidal war against China: We won't win, they won't win, but after the last rocket has exploded, the few who are left won't have to think about what problems to fix.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2014, 12:32:03 pm »

You're thinking too small.  Everybody against everybody, cull the herd.
Shoes...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2014, 03:46:44 pm »

You're thinking too small.  Everybody against everybody, cull the herd.
And thus the tournament bracket to end all tournament brackets was born
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2015, 10:55:13 am »

Remember children, if at once you don't succeed...

Give up.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2015, 11:14:26 am »

Why don't we just devote all of humanity's resources towards building a gigantic statue of the Great Donut so that He'll save us.
Check it out.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121270.msg4175004#msg4175004
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8