Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: The Save the World Thread  (Read 10964 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: The Save the World Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 06:35:29 pm »

Idea 6:  Disallow the sale of gas or diesel vehicles after 2025.

Idea 7:  Ban restrictions on immigration.  Let anybody move anywhere.  Whichever country does best will get the most people.

Idea 8:  Every country in the United Nations(or some new international diplomacy organization) can no longer have a military.  Each country must provide X amount of soldiers to a new international military that keeps everybody in line.

Idea 9:  Politicians may only receive minimum wage of their country, and can not receive gifts.

Idea 10:  Drugs are no longer illegal and will be sold and taxed by the government in an effort to reduce the profit margins of smuggling drugs.

Idea 11:  Reduce the powers of the police, and create a holy order of knights that has strict entry requirements.  The Knights have practically unrestricted powers, but if they are found(by an independent review board) to have abused their powers they are incarcerated immediately without trial.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 06:39:30 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 06:40:44 pm »

For idea 8 though, who gets to control that international military? I know one might say the UN security council, but we all know how effective THAT is.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 06:44:53 pm »

For idea 8 though, who gets to control that international military? I know one might say the UN security council, but we all know how effective THAT is.

I assume with all the extra soldiers they might try to find a general or two.  They wouldn't be able to do any military actions without a vote from all the UN members permitting an attack.  Then they can go hog wild though.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 07:02:30 pm »

Idea 12:  Put vertical farms in every city, increasing the self-sufficiency of the food supply.  Put more research in to vat-grown meats as well.

Idea 13:  Copyright and patents are reduced to 10 years, period.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 07:03:35 pm »

>Destroy the world
>No more problems
>???
>Profit!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 07:04:26 pm »

Step 1:Cocaine for everyone

There is no step 2
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 07:07:32 pm »

Step 1:Cocaine for everyone

There is no step 2

TamerVirus for president

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 07:11:34 pm »

Have we considered indiscriminate nuclear bombardment? Yes? Alright then. How about devoting our resources to production of a Dyson Sphere? No? We should do that. Mine out the earth, the asteroids, everything else, travel elsewhere and mine out those solar systems then send them back, just get to it.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2014, 07:20:46 pm »

Find a way to break Reality and independently forge our own desitinies and realities (like a debug mode on Reality, or rendering it like Garry's Mod).

Mass-genocide can probably also achieve that too, I guess; since it kinda leads to the same result post-mortem. Depending if you believe in an afterlife/heaven/hell/purgatory/limbo/etc..

Potential side-effect of breaking Reality without killing everyone: We could awaken elder gods to our newfound powers, and they'll be pissed (As if the Old Testament wasn't bad enough in our history). Think the ORZ and what they must've done to the Androsynth in Starcon 2.

Examples of what can be done post-borked-reality: See my avatar, for example.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 07:24:48 pm by Itnetlolor »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2014, 07:24:06 pm »

Find a way to break Reality and independently forge our own desitinies and realities (like a debug mode on Reality, or rendering it like Garry's Mod).

Mass-genocide can probably also achieve that too, I guess; since it kinda leads to the same result post-mortem. Depending if you believe in an afterlife/heaven/hell/purgatory/limbo/etc..

Potential side-effect of breaking Reality without killing everyone: We could awaken elder gods to our newfound powers, and they'll be pissed. Think the ORZ and what they must've done to the Androsynth in Starcon 2.

What DID they do to the Androsynth in StarControl 2? Besides maybe wiping them out.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2014, 07:25:56 pm »

Potential side-effect of breaking Reality without killing everyone: We could awaken elder gods to our newfound powers, and they'll be pissed. Think the ORZ and what they must've done to the Androsynth in Starcon 2.
What DID they do to the Androsynth in StarControl 2? Besides maybe wiping them out.
For starters, after wiping them out, there being no evidence of them at all. No corpses or anything left in our plane of existence, besides the ruins of their world, and enough info to shatter the mind of a scientist on-board.

Asking them directly kinda makes them *frumple*. Being persistent about it makes them *dance*.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 07:28:28 pm by Itnetlolor »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2014, 07:29:26 pm »

Find a way to break Reality and independently forge our own desitinies and realities
And in between some kid decides to screw that noise and goes on a crusade against the Great Will instead.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2014, 07:37:52 pm »

The way I see it, when we become desperate enough, when our resources are scattered and few and our people lost and our future uncertain, then will we swallow our lofty morals and cut our cords of conscience; we will modify ourselves, genetically and mechanically, leave behind the dice-rolls that nature allots to our fortunes, we will rebuild ourselves; we will evolve without the assistance of chance and circumstance.

We will finally realize that our greatest advances, scientific, political, philosophical, were done by the few; the geniuses of our society. And so we will breed them, and raise them. We will fashion them of flesh fused with circuitry. Not of the corrupted clay of natural selection, will we mold them, but of the perfection of our genetic understanding.

In return, they will save us and our world.

And our morals may perish in the process, but we...shall endure.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2014, 07:38:11 pm »

Like in the Void trilogy where everyone could turn back time at will to explore thousands of different lives before getting tired of it and flying up to the 'source' :D

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2014, 07:38:51 pm »

The way I see it, when we become desperate enough, when our resources are scattered and few and our people lost and our future uncertain, then will we swallow our lofty morals and cut our cords of conscience;

And our morals may perish in the process, but we...shall endure.

What morals? O_o
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8