Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: The Save the World Thread  (Read 10949 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Save the World Thread
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2015, 03:11:31 pm »

Man, why is almost every persons suggestion  "kill all the people" in this thread.  Its a bit depressing.
Cause humanity is a contributing factor of many of the problems the world faces, is its own problem and it is the catch-all solution with the least amount of bias. 
Well, I guess there is the issue of where to start cleansing first...
... Someone may have typed this already.  It might have been me.

Humanity, realistically will only do so much for many of the problems.  Akin to a half arsed amputation that will sooner or later begin to rot again for one reason or another.
Sure, you have charitable folks, but you got many more who don't give a damn unless it hits home for them.  And the don't-give-a-damns will push back if they see the change as worse for themselves if it doesn't hit home.

Part of the solution is either going full global benevolent fuck-everyone-save-the-world tyranny and/or control all press/communication to push the for-the-greater-good agenda.  Of course, some decision maker has to decide what is and isn't a problem and actually be willing/able to correctly fix it for the very longest term.  No matter the cost.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2015, 05:14:57 pm »

Idea 30: If everyone was mixed race there's be no more racism. We need to encourage interracial relationships at the expense of non-interracial relationships
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2015, 05:34:07 pm »

Idea 30: If everyone was mixed race there's be no more racism. We need to encourage interracial relationships at the expense of non-interracial relationships

That's actually a decent idea, though I'd suggest you be subtle about it, to not get people freaked out. And not just relationships, general anti-segregation measures.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2015, 05:56:11 pm »

That's actually a decent idea, though I'd suggest you be subtle about it, to not get people freaked out. And not just relationships, general anti-segregation measures.

mfw

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2015, 06:14:20 pm »

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2015, 05:59:57 am »

Or we could just kill all black people.

Or all white people, I guess, but there's more of them in America, so killing all black people is the more ethical choice.

E: Retrospectively this was in bad taste, but I'd feel dishonest if I edited it away.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2015, 08:52:59 am »

I don't think consolidating the earth into a huge united nation thing would actually solve anything, it just magnifies the current issue with the big governments of the world. I'd go with breaking down the super powers to state sized mostly self governed independent countries. They would share a common constitution, but the actual laws could be very different. Emigration would be open and all would share once currency. The goal is to allow citizens to get out of a country they find no longer align with their own values and flock to the one that does.

There would be a need for a token peace keeping force, stronger than any single individual country, as we wouldn't want any single country to wage war on another or commit atrocities.

In a way it's similar to how the united state functions, but think world wide, with complete freedom of the individual states to make their own law as long as the constitution is respected.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2015, 09:07:06 am »

You'd be surprised how racist mixed race people can be.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2015, 09:14:22 am »

You're missing the point; the idea is that evetually everybody would be mixed so they'd have no one to be raxist to
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2015, 09:36:46 am »

They'd be racist among themselves.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2015, 04:00:27 pm »

They'll find something else to differentiate themselves by.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2015, 04:23:16 pm »

In that case we'll go with the backup plan for this situation proposed by Insane Clown Posse (warning: explicit lyrics in link)
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]