Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: For The Amusement of a God [0/4?]  (Read 1028 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
For The Amusement of a God [0/4?]
« on: December 18, 2014, 01:57:48 pm »

You awaken on... something, you can't quite tell what it is. It's very dark, too. You can't move very much either, although you see 3 others around you on the... ground. Right. You try to move your limbs, but they're just so heavy and-
"Oh? You're awake already?"
Your head snaps around to where you heard the voice coming from-childlike, you note-or tries to, anyway. It only really moves halfway, which means you can see that something is glowing there, but not much else.
"Ah, no matter. In fact, that just proves I made the right choice. You can't be that weak if you're awake already." You hear footsteps, and the glowing thing disappears from your vision.
"I imagine you are wondering who I am and why you are here, yes?"
And then it appears above you, and as you look up, you are blinded by light.
"I am... well, that matters not. Suffice to say that I am one of the many omnipotent beings present in the omniverse, and leave it at that. And you are here because I found myself bored. And so I, ah, plucked 4 people who I thought may be able to amuse me given sufficient motivation and power from some random universe and into my realm."
You hear what sounds like hands clapping.
"But explanations can come later. Please, do introduce yourself. I did not bother to check who you are or what it is that you did."
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: What's all this, then? (click to show/hide)
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: For The Amusement of a God [0/4?]
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 09:51:55 pm »

Name: Dave David Davidson XIII (Known by his friends as Gary Stu. He hates it.)
Personality: Kinda all over the place but mostly just semi-genre savvy.
Backstory:
Appearance: Tall, wiry, purple eyes that glow when magicing or emotional, brown curly (unruly) hair, mildly impish face.
Achievements: Prodigious study of the runic and ritualistic arts having accidentally invented three entirely new runes while drunk on his 21st burthday.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 04:26:59 am »

More details, pls.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 06:17:08 am »

Name: James "Coward" MacGannigan.

Personality: MacGannigan is incredibly craven and would rather hide or give up than stand his ground even if he could successfully fight back. He is not pacifistic, but he would rather avoid combat as combat is dangerous to his well-being.

Backstory: Coward MacGannigan lived his live in constant fear, as he didn't have the guts to get what he deserved. He was bullied from the very beginning of his life by his older, stronger and smarter brothers, his school colleagues and later in his life by pretty much everyone with confidence in their own worth. He barely managed to finish high school and find a shitty low-end job.

Appearance: Medium build and medium height, dark hair. Clean shaven, wearing mostly T-shirts and jeans.

Achievements: None.

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 10:52:38 am »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 12:15:13 pm »

Like an actual backstory.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 09:51:49 pm »

I missed that. Aw well I suck at backstory anyway I'm out.