Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Psychopompos  (Read 16920 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Psychopompos
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2014, 02:06:11 pm »

Yeah, drop the note in the mail slot and leave quietly.
+1. Be done with this task and get back our real one.
+1

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2014, 07:13:11 pm »

I know I shouldn't bump this early, bit it`s already on page 3. So yeah, bump.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2014, 07:20:03 pm »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2014, 12:54:54 am »

I know I shouldn't bump this early, but its already on page 3. So yeah, bump.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2014, 01:40:54 am »

:( I thought you use it to bring a forum game back up to the top of the list when it goes down too low to be noticed. Say, if the GM needs to update or a player needs to post, you bump it to bring it to their attention. Like now.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2014, 01:43:44 am »

It's best to wait something like a week (minimum) before trying to get the GM's attention. And even then, it's usually better to PM the GM.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2014, 03:13:29 am »

:( I thought you use it to bring a forum game back up to the top of the list when it goes down too low to be noticed.

Say, if the GM needs to update or a player needs to post, you bump it to bring it to their attention. Like now.
That's specifically something only a GM would normally do if his suggestion game isn't getting enough posts, usually when a game's just starting out. This game doesn't need that, it's moving quickly and getting plenty of attention and lots of suggestions.

Players can bump if the GM doesn't seem to be updating or has forgotten about the game. This is a high activity thread, you bumped the game only 5 hours after I had posted! Hardly anyone updates that fast. Wait about a month with no activity, then it's appropriate to bump in-thread, any sooner and you ought to just PM the OP.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 03:15:00 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2014, 04:29:01 am »

besides it usually annoys the gm...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2014, 06:31:29 am »

All fair points. It's not really annoying, though of course I'd prefer seeing maybe discussion or such. Update coming when I've woken up.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2014, 09:33:07 am »

besides it usually annoys the gm...
How can it be annoying it just shows people like what he is doing enough for them want more updates

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2014, 11:04:37 am »

Well, the point is that it was already on the 3rd page, and I haven't gone on the Forum Games and Roleplaying section much (I usually stick to RTDs). Do threads usually move that fast down the list?
Money!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2014, 11:24:03 am »

Well at this time of year yes.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2014, 12:28:14 pm »

All fair points. It's not really annoying, though of course I'd prefer seeing maybe discussion or such. Update coming when I've woken up.
Well, let's get into a discussion, then. I think that the game's going pretty well, but I don't understand how the ability checks work. "Intellect 2: 1+2=3" is a bit cryptic (though I understand that one of the numbers is what you rolled).
Money!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2014, 12:45:56 pm »

Yeah, drop the note in the mail slot and leave quietly.
+1. Be done with this task and get back our real one.
+1

There is nothing more for you here. You scribble down what the PI told you on the piece of paper, fold it, and drop it through the mail slot. There's some kind of charm or ward on the door, but it does not even 'see' you. The employer will have to draw his own conclusions of what happened to the man. For you, it is time to get back to work.

Last Wishes: +5XP

It does not take long for you to feel the pull. You let yourself be drawn into the Stream and find your way to the soul calling you. There is always another mess to clean, another poor sod in an ugly situation. There are Guides who only come for gentle, peaceful deaths - you are certainly not one of them.

You come into the world to be assaulted by wailing wind and cold rain. Before you, black sea meets land, waves crashing against bare rocks in the shadow of towering cragged cliffs. There's little vegetation to see; sea birds shine with their absence. The soul you have come for has just breathed its last on the rocks, half-submerged in the water.

He is a grisly sight, it soon appears. His flesh is pale and drawn tight over his bones, as if sucked dry. There's a hole in his chest, his ribcage blown open with considerable force from the inside. His clothes are battered and torn anyway, perhaps from being adrift at sea - he looks to be a sailor, perhaps the victim of a shipwreck. That didn't kill him, though. Something crawled out from inside him, tearing its way through his torso on its way out. Blood and fragments of bone lay splattered on the smooth stone around him.

The soul stands up with wavering feet, staring first at his body, then you. He takes a frightened step back at first, but a second later his features harden and a flash of red passes through his body.

'I've... I've been waiting for weeks! Weeks, in agony! Begging, begging for death to come. Begging for the deep to take me. Weeks, with that thing growing inside me,' the sailor shouts out. His voice is a weakened hiss, low but piercing. 'I thought it would never end... I thought the gods had left me to my fate. Lights below, why didn't you make it end?'

He shudders, hands balling into fists. He looks towards the sea, as if expecting to see something in the endless black waves.

>?

---

@Stat rolls: The first number after the skill name is the difficulty you need to pass. The '1' there is your roll, and the '+2' your stat bonus (as your Intellect is 2). You basically cannot fail difficulties below 4 without being weakened by something. It's very simple as systems go.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2014, 12:54:15 pm »

"I cannot end a life, only ferry it once it dies. I could not kill you any sooner than could that rock over there. Come on, let's bring you to your afterlife."
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13