Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Psychopompos  (Read 16857 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Psychopompos
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2014, 12:55:24 am »

Bump. Because I think it's awesome.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2014, 01:02:23 am »

Updating coming after school Christmas festivities, no worries. Post away in the meantime.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2014, 05:14:51 am »

Hey, this is way cleaner than your last job. Not a bad way to start the day.

At any rate, explain to this man that he's dead in a calm, neutral tone, and that protective equipment is likely to be unnecessary because of this, though it probably was unwise hanging out in here without it beforehand. Point at open vat to provide an example of potential occupational hazards in factories such as this.

Say "Come on, get out of here before you get hurt," while motioning him towards you and away from the mess. You'll tell him what happened, but he should probably calm down first.

Difficulty of persuasion rolls is determined by the actions and dialogue you provide - for example, flattery with someone who does not respond well to that will result in a higher difficulty. Dealing with everyone in the same, uncompromising way might also have its benefits. Also, giving specific stuff to say makes me happier than just descriptions.

'Come on. Get out of there before you get hurt,' you say, keeping your tone calm. The man's translucent form solidifies slightly, likely as he is reminded of earthly dangers and hurts.

'Yeah? Yeah, alright,' the PI says. There's a wound in the back of his head he seems blissfully unaware of. You decide to get straight to the point.

'You are dead. A mask is unlikely to be of much use now. Perhaps you should have worn one beforehand - this seems to be a hazardous factory. For example, the open vat below us seems rather dangerous.'

'What? What did you say? Ha, ha, very funny. I'm... laughing...'

He trails off again. His eyes seem forcibly drawn to the open vat below. He stares down for a moment and then pales a shade lighter.

'Holy shit... holy shit. Was that my leg in there? Did they... they just dumped me... I think I'm gonna lose my lunch.'

'That will be difficult without a corporeal stomach.'

'Right, uh. So you're... huh,' he says. A flash of red passes through him, barely perceptible. His expression hardens. 'I'm not letting them get away from this. Told them I'd haunt their asses. Hey, whoever you are, where do you think those thugs went, eh? I've got unfinished business, right?'

>?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2014, 05:26:40 am »

"Unfinished business is a very interesting term. For instance, your business with those thugs was finished when you were, so to speak. And while it is understandable that you're unwilling to let your murder go, the amount of business left unfinished is only going to grow the longer you stick around. Anyway, imagine if you had dropped a thug in that vat and he would be in your position right now. Would you like me to let him do everything he has left unfinished and haunt everyone he wants to haunt in that event?"

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2014, 05:29:10 am »

"Unfinished business is a very interesting term. For instance, your business with those thugs was finished when you were, so to speak. And while it is understandable that you're unwilling to let your murder go, the amount of business left unfinished is only going to grow the longer you stick around. Anyway, imagine if you had dropped a thug in that vat and he would be in your position right now. Would you like me to let him do everything he has left unfinished and haunt everyone he wants to haunt in that event?"
well said add my vote
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2014, 06:04:13 am »

well said add my vote
Look out, we have a winner here.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2014, 12:00:26 pm »

well said add my vote
+1

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2014, 12:11:14 pm »

well said add my vote
+1
+1
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2014, 12:46:01 pm »

"Look mate, your duty is over yer did yer job and me im there to clean up the mess. If you just run off to haunt some of those boys arses i can't do my job, my duty to be precise. So if ye don't mind step over in that fine bucket here and come with me. Besides in your current state you can't haunt anybody's arse but were we going they might change that."

we just have to deliver him in his respective afterlife not give him the entire rundown, let them do that at heaven or hell or the void or wherever they send a private investigator.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2014, 04:49:28 am »

-snip-

Reasoning with him seems the best approach. Anything to get him to pass on.

"Unfinished business is a very interesting term. For instance, your business with those thugs was finished when you were, so to speak. And while it is understandable that you're unwilling to let your murder go, the amount of business left unfinished is only going to grow the longer you stick around.'

'Look, it can't be-'

'Anyway, imagine if you had dropped a thug in that vat and he would be in your position right now. Would you like me to let him do everything he has left unfinished and haunt everyone he wants to haunt in that event?"

[Charm 4: 2+2=4, Success]

The PI pauses. He runs a hand through his hair, still oblivious to the crack in the back of his head. His form flickers between more and less solid.

'Shit. I guess you make a good point. Those guys weren't right in the head. You're a no-exceptions kind of guy, eh? I can respect that.'

He swallows, looking away. 'I just hope- I mean, I've done some things,' he says, trailing off. He turns back at you. 'I don't suppose you could take a sort of, uh, final message to my employer? I'm sure you'd hate to leave a job unfinished like this, too.'

You consider that. It would be unusual, but there's no rule saying you can't tend to mortal business after their passing, precisely. There are unlikely to be any material benefits to you from this, but it is a dead man's final wish.

>?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2014, 04:56:25 am »

"*Sigh*, Very well, only because you have been somewhat understanding, what would you like me to tell your employer?"
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2014, 05:00:26 am »

"*Sigh*, Very well, only because you have been somewhat understanding, what would you like me to tell your employer?"

+1, good fellow.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2014, 05:04:00 am »

((I imagine he's saying it with an English accent and the most Posh pose imaginable.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2014, 05:08:37 am »

+1, good fellow.
add my vote
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Nunzillor

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2014, 05:13:18 am »

+1, good fellow.
add my vote

unneeded +1
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 05:16:33 am by Nunzillor »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13