Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Psychopompos  (Read 16863 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Psychopompos
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 04:47:48 am »

The Janitor, guide of all those who, either during or after their death, have made or found themselves in a terrible mess. Looks like a disgruntled cleaning man in his late fifties, with graying hair and a long face with droopy eyes, not that you can see that with him wearing a cheap-looking blue biohazard suit. Has a mop and a bucket full of dirty water with him at all times.
+1.
+1 and PTW
+1!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 04:53:30 am »

The Janitor, guide of all those who, either during or after their death, have made or found themselves in a terrible mess. Looks like a disgruntled cleaning man in his late fifties, with graying hair and a long face with droopy eyes, not that you can see that with him wearing a cheap-looking blue biohazard suit. Has a mop and a bucket full of dirty water with him at all times.
+1.
+1 and PTW
+1!
+1
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 07:39:33 am »

Araña Glorioso, guide of those who died in combat for entertainment. Large, well muscled; wears a loincloth, a red cape, a luchadore mask styled on the face (or arena headgear) of those he appears to, and a lot of oil. Carries a spiderweb net and a trident.

Moonlights as
Araña Glorioso, guide of young orphaned children of athletes. Wears spidersilk pants + shirt and a luchadore mask styled on the favourite animal of those he appears to. Carries a large spidersilk sack of candy.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 07:58:42 am by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 02:20:17 pm »

You are known as the Janitor, offering whatever name you please to those who ask. Your unassuming appearance hides skill and dedication to the work of a Guide. The sphere you are bound to is wide enough to bring you to a variety of cases - the universe seems to have a crooked sense of humor.

There was always something that marked you out from your peers, something to make you stand above. It was...
a) ...your great Might and skill in arms.
b) ...a sprinkling of Arcane power and knowledge.
c) ...your iron Will and determination.
d) ...your Charm and skills of persuasion.
e) ...your sharp mind, understanding, and Intellect.

One last question. Feel free to ask for information on the stats. You may also choose not to have any speciality.

Other suggestions may be used as other viewpoint characters later on.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 02:23:37 pm »

e) ...your sharp mind, understanding, and Intellect.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 02:39:10 pm »

c) ... your iron Will and determination. While you wish you could just clean up a mess by snapping your fingers and letting magic happen, or talking someone else into doing it for you, or figuring out a better way to make a living, like beating people up for money, it ultimately takes a certain persistent, resistant kind of mind to make work like this last an eternity.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 02:43:13 pm »

c) ... your iron Will and determination. While you wish you could just clean up a mess by snapping your fingers and letting magic happen, or talking someone else into doing it for you, or figuring out a better way to make a living, like beating people up for money, it ultimately takes a certain persistent, resistant kind of mind to make work like this last an eternity.
+1.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 02:45:21 pm »

+1.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2014, 02:55:30 pm »

d) ...your Charm and skills of persuasion.
The funny thing is, most people assume that a rather foul-mouthed standoffish janitor would be considered kind of a jerk. But when you just died real gruesomely, the injection of reality caused by the Janitor's mundanity compared to other guides is actually rather charming in and of itself.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2014, 06:20:20 am »

+1.

The bastion of the mind is always the last to fall. You are known for your unshakeable determination and mental fortitude. You will not be fooled by illusions or sweetened words; fearless, you carry on where others succumb to despair and terror. Your superior willpower also allows you to force the dead to submit to you, if all means of persuasion fail. This carries its own risks, however - a strong mind will revolt against such an attempt and lash out, corrupting that soul into a malevolent Wraith. Still, it is sometimes the only way.

+2 Will.
Stats added to second post.
Relations added to second post.

Death is forever. As long as the universe continues to breathe, life and death runs its eternal course. The Guides travel to a million different worlds, for a hundred different gods and faiths; and with those who do not serve or believe, for the universe itself. You feel the pull and let yourself be drawn through worlds. The Stream, the lifeblood of existence, connects all there is; the power to travel with it is for gods and Guides alone.

You come into reality in the bowels of an industrial complex, onto a blood-stained metal walkway. A vast space opens up around you, lined with towering dull-white containers that churn with strange chemicals. Right below, the top of one of the huge vats has been opened. Pale green liquid swirls inside - and some bits and pieces you're afraid are the rapidly-dissolving remains of a body.

The dead man in question, pale and immaterial as he stands at the blood stains, blinks when he sees you.

'You a janitor or something? Bloody hell,' he says. 'Look, I'm a private investigator. I got every right to be here, so don't go calling for security, right? Some bunch of thugs jumped me. I'm bloody glad they didn't get me...'

He trails off. Particularily traumatic deaths tend to leave gaps in memory. He shakes his head. 'Those punks don't know who they were messing with. When I find them, I'm gonna make them pay. Wait, should I be wearing a mask like that?'

You know where he needs to go, and it's nowhere on this earth. Making him see that might be a little trickier.

What do you do?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2014, 06:28:43 am »

Hey, this is way cleaner than your last job. Not a bad way to start the day.

At any rate, explain to this man that he's dead in a calm, neutral tone, and that protective equipment is likely to be unnecessary because of this, though it probably was unwise hanging out in here without it beforehand. Point at open vat to provide an example of potential occupational hazards in factories such as this.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2014, 06:51:46 am »

At any rate, explain to this man that he's dead in a calm, neutral tone, and that protective equipment is likely to be unnecessary because of this, though it probably was unwise hanging out in here without it beforehand. Point at open vat to provide an example of potential occupational hazards in factories such as this.

+1.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2014, 06:57:00 am »

+1.
+Scruffy
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2014, 03:55:47 pm »

+1.
+Scruffy
Have a +1
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2014, 05:18:18 pm »

Say "Come on, get out of here before you get hurt," while motioning him towards you and away from the mess. You'll tell him what happened, but he should probably calm down first.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13