Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Psychopompos  (Read 16868 times)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: Psychopompos
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2014, 04:52:36 pm »

Tell him that we will attempt to transport him to the afterlife after he accomplishes his goal, In exchange for magic tutoring.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2014, 07:35:43 pm »

"Besides did you ever want a chance to discuss with masters of old? Did you ever wanted to ask some ancient master how did they figure out that one neat spell? If you stay here, you will never have that chance."
"The problem is, you'll be bound to a specific location.  In all likelihood, this location.  And that may not mean the ruin.  That may mean this specific flagstone right here.  You'd be trapped on that flagstone for all eternity.  You can hardly conduct your experiments like that, can you?"

+1, oh yes.
1+
To both of these

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 29, 2014, 07:45:17 pm »

Tell him that we will attempt to transport him to the afterlife after he accomplishes his goal, In exchange for magic tutoring.
good gods no he will become a ghost then we can't take him to the afterlife
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2014, 08:30:48 pm »

good gods no he will become a ghost then we can't take him to the afterlife
I -1 this as well
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2014, 09:07:20 pm »

He doesn't know that and we'd learn magic!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2014, 09:12:15 pm »

He does. We told him.
We also already know magic.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2014, 09:13:10 pm »

He doesn't know that and we'd learn magic!
It doesn't matter if he doesn't know that, it will still happen because that's what happens with souls who still have something to finish off in the world.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2014, 09:16:00 pm »

Actually he'll go back to being a soul after he finishes his buisness. Probably.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2014, 10:01:28 pm »

PTW. Will catch up later.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2014, 11:00:06 pm »

"The problem is, you'll be bound to a specific location.  In all likelihood, this location.  And that may not mean the ruin.  That may mean this specific flagstone right here.  You'd be trapped on that flagstone for all eternity.  You can hardly conduct your experiments like that, can you?"

+1, oh yes.
Another +1 here.

-1 We're the Janitor, not the Swindler.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2014, 02:15:41 am »

Alright, caught up.

We know much more magic than he could possibly know.

"Besides did you ever want a chance to discuss with masters of old? Did you ever wanted to ask some ancient master how did they figure out that one neat spell? If you stay here, you will never have that chance."

+1, oh yes.
1+
To both of these

+1!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2014, 11:11:42 am »

"Ok. I can kinda understand where you're coming from with that, but the important thing to note here is that if you don't go now, you'll never go. Sorry to break it to ya, but you'll never have a chance to present your results, and most likely will never get them, because being a ghost has tons of restrictions on what you can do. So come on. Go peacefully into your afterlife."

+1, oh yes.
1+
To both of these
Roll arcane to find the pattern. Also to find if it will detect you.

You lay out the situation for him, emphatically. If he is frightened, all the better.

'I can kinda understand where you're coming from with that,' you say, 'but the important thing to note here is that if you don't go now, you'll never go. Sorry to break it to ya, but you'll never have a chance to present your results, and most likely will never get them, because being a ghost has tons of restrictions on what you can do. So come on. Go peacefully into your afterlife."

The professor begins to raise an objection, but you're far from done. He sputters; you get the sense he's not used to being interrupted.

'The problem is, you'll be bound to a specific location.  In all likelihood, this location. And that may not mean the ruin.  That may mean this specific flagstone right here.  You'd be trapped on that flagstone for all eternity.  You can hardly conduct your experiments like that, can you?'

'Well, I- I hadn't considered that, but-'

'And didn't you ever want a chance to discuss with masters of old? Did you ever want to ask some ancient master how they figured out that one neat spell? If you stay here, you will never have that chance.'

[Charm 5: 3+2=5, Success] 'Well, there is that, too, but maybe if-' he starts again, cheeks growing faintly red - impressive, given his transparent shape. He pokes at his glasses, mouth opening and closing. 'This is most unusual, I- I mean to say I... Well. Oh, gods above. This is pathetic, a singularily pathetic way to go. There'll be no end to the laughing if they hear about this at the academy.'

He looks around and at his mangled body. There's the slighest indication of a shrug. 'Well. Blast and damnation. I can only hope the next one to come here meets the same fate. I would not stand the possibility of some young fool from the lower colleges finding what I could not.'

He gives the trapped chamber a last, wistful look. You use the moment to indulge your curiosity and reach out with your arcane senses to try find the path. [Arcane 7: 6+2=8, Success]

The physical world seems to recede, a faint whisper at the edge of consciousness. In its place you see a maze of energy, staggeringly bright and complex and grown powerful on the passing of the ages. Magic wreathes each pillar and ruin and runs across the chamber floor like running water. It is a work of beautiful complexity, the high point of mortal skill. As you watch, the magic shifts and flows like something alive drawing deep, content breaths.

After a moment, the way becomes clear to you. Each part of the chamber is connected - there is no doubt some logical pattern to the steps you need to take, but you have no need to puzzle it out - you can simply see the path in the subtle strands of power.

All the same, the professor's soul is ready to move on. He, with some hesitation, offers a hand.

>?

---
A fairly lucky roll, there.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 11:13:51 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2014, 11:14:26 am »

Take him to Barbarian Heaven! He's a Wizard, He'd be the smartest one there, It's perfect :P.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2014, 11:52:03 am »

Take him to Barbarian Heaven! He's a Wizard, He'd be the smartest one there, It's perfect :P.

Definitely a -1, since I'm fairly sure we can't do that in the first place.

Take the man where he belongs, and let that be the end of it.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 30, 2014, 12:03:34 pm »

Well we figured out the wizards puzzle for him. Do we plan on using that knowledge in any way?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13