Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Let's Play Pokemon Tabletop United: The Hira Region (OOC Thread)  (Read 21911 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pokemon Tabletop United: The Hira Region (OOC Thread)
« Reply #225 on: December 28, 2014, 05:10:26 pm »

Cept... That Arbok lived. Because of copious regeneration properties apparently, as it was seen again later in the Yellow segment. Still was a pretty badass moment though.

As per the progress bit, I don't really have much of a base to compare it to, only first hand experience. It really varies from campaign to campaign I suppose, seeing as GM planning is a necessary part of Milestones. In the campaign I'm currently in as a player there hasn't set any milestones that I can see, hence we've been hanging around the same levels for what seems like a while. This is granted that I'm still enjoying myself, but we're not exactly moving at light speed.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 28, 2014, 05:12:44 pm »

Ok I found the original document here are the ways to level up in the original

When you gain a Badge from any Gym Leader. (0-32 Canon)
When you gain a Ribbon you have not earned before in a Contest. (0-20 Canon)
If you can defeat a region’s Elite Four and gain a Hall of Fame Ribbon, you gain four levels. (0-16 Canon)
If you can defeat a Frontier Brain, the Symbol they award you will gain you two levels. (0-24 Canon)
For every ten Pokemon you obtain, you will gain a level. If one of Pokemon evolves, both of their stages in their evolutionary line will be counted towards this count. When you trade a Pokemon away, replace the Pokemon you traded away with the Pokemon you gained for this count unless you own two of the Pokemon you traded away. This is to prevent a party of Trainers from trading and then trading back, just to increase the count of “owned Pokemon”. (0-49 Canon)
For every twenty-five Pokemon you identify with your Pokedex, you will gain a level. This is not a shared total with all of the Trainers in your party. You must actually use your Pokedex, to add to this total. Pokemon are everywhere! Be sure to always Pokedex the new ones! (0-19 Canon)
If you do something that your GM believes noteworthy, they may award you a level at that time. (o-∞)
Add all of these canon totals together and that give 140 ways to level up, not including the GM’s awarded levels. (0-140)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 28, 2014, 11:04:31 pm »

Ok I found the original document here are the ways to level up in the original

When you gain a Badge from any Gym Leader. (0-32 Canon)
When you gain a Ribbon you have not earned before in a Contest. (0-20 Canon)
If you can defeat a region’s Elite Four and gain a Hall of Fame Ribbon, you gain four levels. (0-16 Canon)
If you can defeat a Frontier Brain, the Symbol they award you will gain you two levels. (0-24 Canon)
For every ten Pokemon you obtain, you will gain a level. If one of Pokemon evolves, both of their stages in their evolutionary line will be counted towards this count. When you trade a Pokemon away, replace the Pokemon you traded away with the Pokemon you gained for this count unless you own two of the Pokemon you traded away. This is to prevent a party of Trainers from trading and then trading back, just to increase the count of “owned Pokemon”. (0-49 Canon)
For every twenty-five Pokemon you identify with your Pokedex, you will gain a level. This is not a shared total with all of the Trainers in your party. You must actually use your Pokedex, to add to this total. Pokemon are everywhere! Be sure to always Pokedex the new ones! (0-19 Canon)
If you do something that your GM believes noteworthy, they may award you a level at that time. (o-∞)
Add all of these canon totals together and that give 140 ways to level up, not including the GM’s awarded levels. (0-140)

After the initial rival battle, each victory against them is a milestone. Same with advancing the plot. You will be getting a milestone for major quests as well. There's a pretty good chance that you'd hit level 2 at the end of this errand
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 29, 2014, 12:51:27 am »

I am not really saying you should do what I posted, just clarifying.

Only saying to birdy that in the original intent the game wasn't meant to stretch out levels.  Trainers actually get an easy time leveling up... mostly because the conditions to do not increase.

It is 10 exp from level 1 to level 50.

Highmax you actually give out a LOT of trainer exp. It isn't slow at all.

As for Pokémon themselves I can't exactly comment too much on that

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 29, 2014, 04:52:05 am »

Isn't the max level 20?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 29, 2014, 06:44:10 am »

Isn't the max level 20?

Max levels for Trainers is 50

Max level for Pokémon is 100

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 29, 2014, 06:59:19 am »

Huh, I must have gotten it confused with DnD 5E.

What the hell though? Fifty? We'll all be demi-gods long before that point.
The circle is complete.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 29, 2014, 07:12:18 am »

Huh, I must have gotten it confused with DnD 5E.

What the hell though? Fifty? We'll all be demi-gods long before that point.

The game is made so you get to max in your chosen field rather quickly and easily. You can max out a single field at about level 13.  It was one of the reasons why I had absolutely no compunction over being both a Breeder and Underdog at the start.

It is actually one thing I actually really praise about this system. You specialize first, becoming really good in the single field you want to, but then you generalize over time and specialize in a handful of fields. It is basically the only system I know that does it.

Which frankly, makes a lot of sense and frankly is more like real life where people usually do have many interests and talents... as well as the fact that it is the pokemon themselves that are important.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 07:19:37 am by Neonivek »

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 29, 2014, 05:43:00 pm »

What is interesting is that i pretty mucch fully planed my 4 class specilization from teh very start and i am looking forwad to do it

As much as i want to keep it a mystery i really want to show it

My plan is
Hatcher
Researcher
Medic
Scientist

REALLY metal based
but oddly they stack together quiet nicly

From hatcher i get hatcher's training which gives me 3 edges, one of which lets me use repulsive resoration items more often with left loyaty degradation.

And that actually goes well with Researcher because i can learn to make them with Herb lore, and with Medical research anything i grow or craft (that is some resoration item or something of the sort) you add half of my medical education as health from the item, even if it is repulsive. But i apply a repulsive item It gain half of my medical education as hp, so if i grow/craft the repulsive and apply it, it gets my full Medical education.

And with secientist i can make potions and the sort which help me be a better medic, and i can also make eggs which i can stack with Hatchers anbilities to make some pretty impressibe pokemon. Also i can use bother researcher and scientist to give my guy attack like egg bomb and worry seed

so i become a great hatcher, great medic, with attacks and items to boot

I think i did pretty good with planing.
I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 29, 2014, 07:12:30 pm »

I originally made my first guy a breeder with paleontologist stuff and was going to eventually have him become ace trainer and then stat ace, and then survivalist as the game progressed, which all of it worked nicely and throw in the fact I started with Aron, it was a pretty good way to create a decent battler with hatcher abilities. Given the fact we also were all fighters in that campaign except one person, it was going to be a very battle orientated game.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 03, 2015, 02:34:30 am »

So, where the hell did everyone go? New Year lull? >_>
The circle is complete.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 03, 2015, 08:21:58 pm »

I'm waiting for you and Tom to post as you're under attack by electrike

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 04, 2015, 09:46:31 am »

Ah, okay. I'll go post now then, but everyone else seems to have disappeared.
The circle is complete.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 04, 2015, 08:10:00 pm »

Waiting... always waiting.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 05, 2015, 10:12:07 pm »

pondering, wonderniig, and fighting to keep all the presious souls i have collecte..... and stabbing people in a very repetative way.......
and what is your picture of UXLZ?
I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17