Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Let's Play Pokemon Tabletop United: The Hira Region (OOC Thread)  (Read 21963 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pokemon Tabletop United: The Hira Region
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2014, 03:24:27 pm »

Sorry for the delay, I've finished it now. Let's get started!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pokemon Tabletop United: The Hira Region
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2014, 03:26:05 pm »

OP has been updated now that I have everyone's sheet, so players and their pokemon are posted. Rivals and a sort of "progress" of both players and rivals will be kept. I'll start the thread in a couple hours. We have a really interesting team of 6 and I'm glad to see its all going to work out
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pokemon Tabletop United: The Hira Region (OOC Thread)
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2014, 05:55:03 pm »

Play by post always drives me a little insane from its speed.

I swear if we don't at LEAST deliver that letter today. Well ok I won't do anything, but I'll be a bit miffed.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 06:02:12 pm by Neonivek »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2014, 06:04:51 pm »

I swear if we don't at LEAST deliver that letter today. Well ok I won't do anything, but I'll be a bit miffed.

It is possible to force actions without everybody having had said their fair share, but that's considered bad sport, unless it's taking an extraordinary amount of time or most of the people are online. These kind of games are usually not extremely fast due to differing timezones and availability of people.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2014, 06:08:54 pm »

Naw I don't want any forced actions.

Just excited to get outside.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2014, 06:10:27 pm »

'S why I want to wait until you've at least done the first gym / something similar before jumping on. ^_^
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2014, 06:15:57 pm »

True, we can't exactly do our individual actions until we are outside the town where they can be taken on the side.

Well... ok... I guess there are a few things I could do.

I could
-Gather supplies
-Try to find pokemon around the town
-Listen to people's requests
-Train my Pokemon

But right now we are sort of delivering that letter and there is no reason for my character to suddenly get a ADD attack.

Though after the letter gathering supplies for the trip should be a bit more possible.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 06:18:10 pm by Neonivek »

TomatoWalrus

• Bay Watcher
  • I am one of the tomatos.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2014, 06:22:11 pm »

My first instinct was to ask around the village for information, but given the GM having the professor mention not talking to anyone, I assumed that option was off the table. I am curious how much our characters know about the surrounding area (how far to our destination, native pokemon etc..).
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2014, 06:27:36 pm »

Maybe ask the GM via PM what your character already knows? Unless he's a total basement nerd he should have some background knowledge on the area.
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2014, 06:29:25 pm »

My first instinct was to ask around the village for information, but given the GM having the professor mention not talking to anyone, I assumed that option was off the table. I am curious how much our characters know about the surrounding area (how far to our destination, native pokemon etc..).

It would probably depend on your General education and Pokémon Education.

If you have a 2 in them you probably have a simple school education.

Maybe ask the GM via PM what your character already knows? Unless he's a total basement nerd he should have some background knowledge on the area.

Which is totally possible given the background modifications (the only way to have 1s)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2014, 06:57:33 pm »

Knowledge of the surrounding area is largely dependent on your background and skills. If you were raised knowing stuff like politics, it makes sense for you to know. Conversely, if you have Pokemon Education it makes sense to know where what Pokemon in what area are located or something similar.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2014, 07:22:49 pm »

Pretty much everything posted in this thread and the next is general knowledge. You do need to do checks to find out other info if you need to.

Since most of you have been in Macha Village for awhile (and I know one of you is from North Eridal) here's some information:

Macha Village used to be a quiet town and is only considered a village because the farms and homes are closer together and smaller then the other farms all over North Eridal. Because of how dispersed the homes are, Macha Village and Festle are considered more gathering places rather then settlements. Disputes are dealt with in pubs and other dining halls instead of in courts, and the law was usually enforced by a small group of volunteers. Now that the military has come, the volunteers are now shut down and disputes are put on hold while the threat is active. People on the border near Central Eridal have all but evacuated as well, despite most farmers and ranchers having strong pokemon that help them run the place. So far, with the refugee camps springing up, people are being taken into homes and tents are pitched up. The center of the village used to be a market for trade, now turned into a ration distribution ring.

You all know who Rocky is and know that he's a soldier but one of the more friendlier ones. He's usually seen with his Machop and Tyrogue who are always out of their pokeballs and helping about with heavy lifting. He's very tall and very muscular with a grown out military hairstyle (as he's been away from the front lines to assist the refugees) and talks to some people about his stories about his time before he joined the army where he was a martial artist and often battled his own pokemon to practice. Not too long ago, he gave some people some pokemon. One was a guy who was rather overweight but built strong, and another was a guy who was tall, well defined and usually wears a tight shirt. His laugh is very loud and hearty, despite how gruesome the world is right now. When he's not helping out with the rations, he's often seen with small children and teaching them how to battle pokemon properly without hurting each other too badly.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2014, 08:12:51 pm »

Why is there a question mark next to my name on the opening page? >_>
I'm guessing it's because I haven't said anything in the IC thread yet.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2014, 08:15:57 pm »

Why is there a question mark next to my name on the opening page? >_>
I'm guessing it's because I haven't said anything in the IC thread yet.
You haven't said your name yet

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17