Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 63

Author Topic: Create a New World!  (Read 38475 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Create a New World!
« on: December 16, 2014, 11:09:05 pm »

I am starting up this game again after I made sure tntey was alright with it. Original thread. 

This game is simple. The game starts out in the year 1. You then write about something that happened that year such as a god being born or a village being built.

Example.

Person one.
Year 1: The god Itzcul is born in the void.

Person two.
Year 2: The god Yagi is born from the void.

Person one.
Year 3: Itzcul creates the world!

In the last thread we mostly interacted with the world by RPing as gods but you don't have to. I do find it to be the most fun way to play though.

Now since we had some problems in the last thread i'm going to add some rules to this one.

1: There shall be no retconning. What happens happens no changing it.

2: While you can effect and interact with stuff other players create they get main ownership and are the only ones who can command/control them unless they give you permission.

3: All conflicts between player characters shall be judged by another player besides those fighting with things such as coin flips, dice, or random stuff like that.

4: All divine beings are equal in power so it doesn't matter if your a god, titan, or void entity they all have the same amount of power. The difference is for those who like to name their player character something besides a god.

5: There may only be one world at a time.

6: Worldwipes are possible but you must start a vote for it and the worldwipe may only happen after the worldwipe achieves a majority vote of yes.

7: Don't take actions to seriously this is a game and we are all here to have a good time so no angry real fighting! Argue yes but no angry shout matches or serious fights.

8: Nothing is permanent or unbreakable anything players create can and will most likely get destroyed later on.

9: Leave the player characters of inactive players and their creations alone.

10: The rules may be changed through out the course of the game if problems arise that they can't/don't stop.

I'll start us out.

Year 1: The world is born from the void!

((Nearly forgot to put in rule eight so I added that in.))

Oh and I nearly forgot more then one action can happen in a year for RP reasons. Example.

Year 50: Itzcul pokes Yagi.

Year 50.1: Yagi pokes Itzcul.

TIMELINE

50: Czari trade houses open in both Malcar and the City of Stars. Covertly, several Czar seers conduct further investigation into the All Heatmaker and the eternal darkness surrounding the City of Stars. With permission, Clan Ahram opens an observatory at the City of Stars.
50.1: Under the nominal leadership of Clan Aroth, many Czari clans unite under the Thesollian Confederacy. All clans involved at Thesollos have joined as well as several others.
50.2: Thesollian agents discover the Silent; several of these have been captured and kept on board Czari ships after several casualties.
50.3: Several Ant colonies and Kobold villages are seen boarding Czari ships to parts unknown.

Spoiler: Timeline Summary (click to show/hide)

Vote for world wipe not active.

Yes=0 No=0

The Worlds

World 2
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 06:01:59 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Create a New World!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 11:28:26 pm »

Year 2: The 5 great gods of War, Nature/Weather, Culture, Building, and Time are born from the world. War comes from the volcanoes of the world; Nature/Weather from the rivers and seas; Culture from the moving, dancing clouds; Building from the clay and stone within the ground; and Time, from below the edge of the flat world.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 11:31:10 pm »

Year 3: The Titan Kagarus is born into the world!

((I always liked the titans more than the gods in Greek mythology.))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 11:35:40 pm »

Year 4: The gods form a peace treaty between themselves, but exclude the titan in their haste.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 11:50:15 pm by Tomasque »
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 11:38:36 pm »

Year 5: The Titan Kagarus creates a mountain that he names Verelis.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 11:47:32 pm »

Year 6: The god of Building begins to collaborate with the god of Culture on making plans for a grand city. The rest of the gods go into a slumber, waiting until their power is needed.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 11:49:45 pm by Tomasque »
Money!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 11:51:28 pm »

Year 7: Kagarus creates the first humans known as Verelisians.

((Can you please add a year to the beginning of your action? Thank you.))

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 12:26:46 am »

Year 7.5: Sensing disturbance upon her soil, the god Nature creates floods and storms. Hills turn to islands and mountains become jagged rocks jutting out of the waters. The gods of Culture and Building finish their plans and build the great city, Destania, on the largest island in the world. It is surrounded by a great wall of marble, and turrets rise from each of the five corners, depicting one of the great gods. The city itself is bustling with people, and at night, is alive with lights and music.
Money!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 12:35:45 am »

Year 8: The Verelisians build a port town on the lower parts of the mountain near the water. The town is named Verelisia.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 01:14:29 am »

Year 9: A group of Verelisians abandon sedentary life and take to the seas as roaming nomads. They call themselves the Czari
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 02:03:58 am »

10: A mountain raises up, and it is of the height of ten tens of ten cubits, and it stands alone on the great plain.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 11:36:34 am »

Year 11: Bird people spring forth from the great mountain and begin conquering the world.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 12:33:01 pm »

Year 11.2: The God of war grows restless, and seeing the fighting in the world, he mans his flaming chariot and sets out to conquer the bird people.
Money!

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 12:35:34 pm »

Year 11.3:A race of mischievous Kobolds that were created by Reudyylionquertykikk begin robbing the Verelisians in the name of a void entity called Reudyylionquertykikk
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 05:53:20 pm by LuckyKobold »

Eurylochus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 12:38:27 pm »

Year 12: Highly organized and specialized species known as "ants" appear.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 63