Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 125

Author Topic: Females in Games? Thread  (Read 163761 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Females in Games? Thread
« Reply #345 on: December 17, 2014, 09:57:29 am »

But what I mean is if we strive for equality than one female character can't represent the whole of the spectrum.  Its a broad brush, and preventing progress.
  In many games, equality would mean that both men and women are equally represented in death and mental sickness.  They'd have to be villains, and they'd have to be casualties, and they'd even have to be shoehorned or plot devices.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #346 on: December 17, 2014, 09:58:58 am »

It would be a lot simpler if Werty were to say that himself.
Yeah but then it becomes your words and not just the words of some random bob on utub

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 17, 2014, 10:01:48 am »

snip

If the feminists were so scary that fear of their backlash has caused so many people across so many different types of media to avoid writing good female characters, we wouldn't be getting characters like these either.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 17, 2014, 10:07:14 am »

snip

If the feminists were so scary that fear of their backlash has caused so many people across so many different types of media to avoid writing good female characters, we wouldn't be getting characters like these either.

The female barbarians head looks tiny compared to the rest of her body. Just observing that the poportion seems wierd. She's also leaning back a bit, which adds to the skewing.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 17, 2014, 10:09:30 am »

also who the fuck screenshotted a tweet with a screenshot of a youtube comment instead of just saving the original image of the youtube comment

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 17, 2014, 10:12:23 am »

snip

The female barbarians head looks tiny compared to the rest of her body. Just observing that the poportion seems wierd. She's also leaning back a bit, which adds to the skewing.
Dragon's crown has a rather, unique , artstyle.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #351 on: December 17, 2014, 10:15:21 am »

also who the fuck screenshotted a tweet with a screenshot of a youtube comment instead of just saving the original image of the youtube comment
Redditors

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 17, 2014, 10:18:04 am »

damn you reddit

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 17, 2014, 10:32:48 am »

As I understand it, the more people favourite and retweet your content, the more right it is. Just like upvoting in reddit! If somebody disagrees with you, you can just point out how many random internet people thought it was good.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 17, 2014, 10:42:09 am »

It would be a lot simpler if Werty were to say that himself.
It's what I think about the issue. If I wrote that out people would accuse me of stealing my words,so the source.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #355 on: December 17, 2014, 10:53:26 am »

As I understand it, the more people favourite and retweet your content, the more right it is. Just like upvoting in reddit! If somebody disagrees with you, you can just point out how many random internet people thought it was good.
le epic upboat knows no boundaries

But what I mean is if we strive for equality than one female character can't represent the whole of the spectrum.  Its a broad brush, and preventing progress.
  In many games, equality would mean that both men and women are equally represented in death and mental sickness.  They'd have to be villains, and they'd have to be casualties, and they'd even have to be shoehorned or plot devices.
So all in agreement with this sentiment here?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 17, 2014, 10:58:52 am »

This whole debate will probably be irrelevant in a few years when VR becomes the norm. Entirely scripted choose-your-own-adventure style  story protagonists is a design style that's unlikely to survive very well into the next decade. I doubt we'll be choosing between character option A or B then watching scripted cutscenes in third person in VR.

That also bodes well for all the people unhappy about gender and body issues in general. How many people here have played other-gender characters in games? Other species, even? I have. I suspect most of us have. So what does it do for society when large numbers of people have experience with fully immersive first person experiences as a variety of body, gender and species types?

Potentially a lot of the problems people are complaining about go away.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 17, 2014, 11:02:52 am »

VR works surprisely well in third person.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 17, 2014, 11:06:12 am »

This whole debate will probably be irrelevant in a few years when VR becomes the norm. Entirely scripted choose-your-own-adventure style  story protagonists is a design style that's unlikely to survive very well into the next decade. I doubt we'll be choosing between character option A or B then watching scripted cutscenes in third person in VR.
Mark my words, people will still be buying Call of Duty in 2024. It will not have improved measurably.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #359 on: December 17, 2014, 11:08:52 am »

[Facebook rift intensifies]
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 125