Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 125

Author Topic: Females in Games? Thread  (Read 163577 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Females in Games? Thread
« Reply #270 on: December 16, 2014, 09:01:31 pm »

concerning samus, yes, i wanted to tell that douche off so bad. "I cant have the varia suit on , because.... why?"

but in regard to her backstory and why she hates ridley with homocidal rage, her backstory of being somewhat traumatized  by her parent's death was in the paper manual of the NES cartridge. (Ridley murders them and the other colonists right in front of her)

but that douche in other M? i wanted to detonate a suber bomb right on his face.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 16, 2014, 09:02:17 pm »

Furthermore: why do men find women with big breasts so attractive? I'm a dude and I never got it. Those things are for feeding children, not feeding some creep's sexual intents. When there are full-grown men literally drooling over those, they are literally acting just like babies.

I think it's something to do with the taboo nature of breasts. In Europe it's pretty common for people to sit on the beach topless, while in USA it isn't really a thing. A couple of hundred years ago a woman's legs were far more sexualised than they are today, simply because it was the norm to wear long skirts. In certain countries, a female ankle is considered alluring. It just depends on the cultural norms of the day. In some parts of Africa, the women go topless day to day, but the males have no sexual reaction to seeing breasts. Again, cultural.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 16, 2014, 09:02:55 pm »

Furthermore: why do men find women with big breasts so attractive? I'm a dude and I never got it. Those things are for feeding children, not feeding some creep's sexual intents. When there are full-grown men literally drooling over those, they are literally acting just like babies.
Oh no let's call the feelings police, somebody likes something you don't like.
I just don't get it. It makes no sense to me was all I'm saying. It's can also be objectifying women. If someone finds it attractive(and isn't creepy about it), okay I'm not going to hate them, but I don't get it.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 16, 2014, 09:04:11 pm »

This makes me want to rip that dudes head off. Samus is like the 2nd best bounty hunter next to Boba Fett.

Yeah, thanks (Samus is was better I'll fite u).  I bet if I play the Prime series again I'll be able to forget about this mess.

EDIT: Never really played Metroid (sorry), was Prime written by someone different?

It was developed by Retro Studios, a separate division of Nintendo created just for it (they went on to create Donkey Kong games for the Wii and 3DS, which I haven't played).  This toxic misogynist apparently wasn't involved.

Look, they even managed to have a female shapeshifter without hypersexualization!  Not many games pull *that* off.
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Gandrayda

So lets get this topic back on track anyhow. Since in spite everything we have barely touched females in games.
There are probably some Japanese games with accessories for that...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 16, 2014, 09:04:42 pm »

Recently I read something that reminded me of this thread. I'll try to pull up the article/quote when I get off work. A game designer was criticized for a lack of female characters. His rebuttal was based in a belief that even conservatively portrayed female characters would be sexualized by the predominately garage-dwelling teenage male demographic. The designer said that equal female representation was a "Nice Concept" but he didn't think it would any social impact, period.

This is definitely a viewpoint I do not share with the creator, yet a lot of people do.

People will take characters you make and turn them into sex objects and... that is perfectly fine. (and before I hear upheaval... Women actually do this more then men by a significant margin. I like the few times I can say things and have a "women do it" buffer)

Why does it matter that people will be sexually attracted to a well made female character?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 16, 2014, 09:05:35 pm »

Not cool, dude.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 16, 2014, 09:06:07 pm »

Recently I read something that reminded me of this thread. I'll try to pull up the article/quote when I get off work. A game designer was criticized for a lack of female characters. His rebuttal was based in a belief that even conservatively portrayed female characters would be sexualized by the predominately garage-dwelling teenage male demographic. The designer said that equal female representation was a "Nice Concept" but he didn't think it would any social impact, period.

This is definitely a viewpoint I do not share with the creator, yet a lot of people do.

People will take characters you make and turn them into sex objects and... that is perfectly fine. (and before I hear upheaval... Women actually do this more then men by a significant margin)

Why does it matter that people will be sexually attracted to a well made female character?
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 16, 2014, 09:06:50 pm »

You want me to provide a citation that women are the largest group of slash fiction creators in both number and in the amount they create?

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 16, 2014, 09:07:38 pm »

You want me to provide a citation that women are the largest group of slash fiction creators?
I found my citation!
https://www.fanfiction.net/

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 16, 2014, 09:09:21 pm »

Not cool, dude.
What's not cool? That I don't find it attractive or that I pointed out that (literally, and I mean literally) drooling over them is actually what babies do?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 16, 2014, 09:10:50 pm »

Not cool, dude.
What's not cool? That I don't find it attractive or that I pointed out that (literally, and I mean literally) drooling over them is actually what babies do?
Can't deny its a fetish that is accepted by american society compared to other ... things like feet.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 16, 2014, 09:14:56 pm »

Oh no let's call the feelings police, somebody likes something you don't like.
This makes you sound like a troll.
No, it doesn't. Making fun of someone for overreacting isn't trolling. Even outright abuse wouldn't be trolling.
Besides that, how else is there to respond to such an inane complaint?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 16, 2014, 09:16:18 pm »

Not cool, dude.

Belittling people for what they find attractive is kind of a mean thing to do. If I insinuated that your attraction to smaller breasts (I'm guessing here) is due to pedophilia or hebephilia then you would probably find that not cool.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 16, 2014, 09:17:34 pm »

Not cool, dude.

Belittling people for what they find attractive is kind of a mean thing to do. If I insinuated that your attraction to smaller breasts (I'm guessing here) is due to pedophilia or hebephilia then you would probably find that not cool.
I find petite girls cuter. Does this make me a pedobear? Or just weird?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 16, 2014, 09:18:15 pm »

People will take characters you make and turn them into sex objects and... that is perfectly fine. (and before I hear upheaval... Women actually do this more then men by a significant margin. I like the few times I can say things and have a "women do it" buffer)

Personally I think it's 100% okay to be attracted to a well made character.  Even a good sign!

Not cool, dude.
You're implying that men who like boobies are creeps.  That's awfully judgmental for someone who just "doesn't understand".

But yeah, I think it's pretty much just the taboo factor which makes them desired.

Fakedit: Oh wow be careful with that thread guys
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 125