Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Tea Discussion Thread: Chapter 1  (Read 14753 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Tea Discussion Thread: Chapter 1
« Reply #150 on: June 07, 2015, 11:19:56 am »

My school has a tea club.  We meet up each week to drink tea and chat.  It's the best club.

As for what tea I drink, I tend to have a simple cup of English Breakfast with milk each morning.  I also have a large collection in my room, including a Cream of Earl Grey I quite like from a small tea house back in my home town (said place being the source of most of my teas).
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 07, 2015, 01:35:10 pm »

Every summer I make big stockpots full of lightly sweetened black or green tea, and throw it in the fridge. Not quite the level of tea appreciation that some of the people in this thread have, but I enjoy it :P

As a treat, I occasionally have bubble tea. There's a place that does it just the way I like it on the way home from work.
I'm doing exactly that right now. It helps a lot when it's so hot rain is replaced by the sky sweating.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Pearofclubs

• Bay Watcher
  • Servant of -it-
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 07, 2015, 02:10:53 pm »

Every summer I make big stockpots full of lightly sweetened black or green tea, and throw it in the fridge. Not quite the level of tea appreciation that some of the people in this thread have, but I enjoy it :P

As a treat, I occasionally have bubble tea. There's a place that does it just the way I like it on the way home from work.
I'm doing exactly that right now. It helps a lot when it's so hot rain is replaced by the sky sweating.

I'm gonna have to steal that phrase. It's just too perfect!

It also mixes well, if you need to have a drink after a long workday..

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 07, 2015, 06:00:07 pm »

I wouldn't say I have the most cultured taste in tea, but that doesn't mean I don't drink a lot of it. I live in the southeastern United States and thus, I pretty much run off of sweet tea like most adults run off of coffee. My favorite is Milo's Sweet Tea and at the moment I'm drinking some Red Diamond. I drink about...twice as much tea as all of my other drinks combined (minus water). It's kind of sad at times.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2015, 02:00:10 am »

Cream of Earl Grey
Sounds like a Cambell's Soup. :P A rather tea-flavored soup.

How many people here cook with tea?
I heard an article on the radio (not recently) about cooking with tea, such as chai shortbread cookies or earl grey bread. I'm considering Green Tea and Blueberry Muffins, if I can convince my mom to let me bake (half of my family is on diets and my style of food pretty much disregards their diet's guidelines (like keeping track of calories, weighing each ingredient, etc)).
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 09, 2015, 12:25:32 pm »

I swear nothing compares to good quality pu-erh. I like the taste of matcha and I like how I can prepare it on the go quite decently (Basically I put it inside a thermo and shake it baby.

But I feel distinctly good after drinking pu-erh. I think it's something other than caffeine. With matcha I get my rush allright. But with pu-erh I get this feeling of wellness... really. I was genuinely sad today (for no particular reason. Or rather, for a number of reasons), and I didn't realize at the time, but around 20-30 mins after having drank my teapot of pu-erh (I should post a pic of my beautiful cast-iron teapot btw) I suddenly realized that I didn't feel that sad anymore. Furthermore, I was less tired, more comfortable, relaxed.... Shit. I felt well.  For the first time in the whole week I thinik.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 30, 2015, 12:52:13 pm »

Long story short, pickles in tea isn't as bad an idea as it sounds. They give it an interesting spicy sourness.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 30, 2015, 01:04:42 pm »

I... would like to hear the long version, actually.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 30, 2015, 01:31:11 pm »

Long story short, pickles in tea isn't as bad an idea as it sounds. They give it an interesting spicy sourness.
That sounds horrifying but I guess I'll have to try it sometime. Meanwhile I've saved your avatar as "Swizzle Stickle.jpg" because how could I not.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 30, 2015, 01:48:12 pm »

I... would like to hear the long version, actually.

In a forum game, I broke the fourth wall, and asked a few metaphysical questions as my character. I got this as a response:
The answer to that question is pickle, Icy Tea.

A pickle in your tea, to be precise.

At first I was insulted by this rudely surreal comment, but then I was struck by inspiration for a new avatar. One trip to the convenience store later (nobody asked why I only bought a single pickle. I guess they were afraid I would answer that question), I'm taking a picture of a cup of tea garnished with a pickle. I had mentioned my idea to my parents, who said I can do whatever as long as I do the work and don't waste any food. The pickle was easy enough to wash and eat on a sandwich, but I couldn't wash the pickle juice out of the tea. So I tasted it, and liked it. I drank the rest of the pickle-tea while editing the image to a more avatar-like form, then presented my masterpiece to the world to make it a slightly weirder place.

Good riddance to the bread stock photo, now my handle actually makes sense as I'm cool as a cucumber.

Meanwhile I've saved your avatar as "Swizzle Stickle.jpg" because how could I not.
I think I'm missing a pun and/or reference there.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 30, 2015, 02:05:50 pm »

A swizzle stick is a tool used to stir drinks.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 30, 2015, 02:56:18 pm »

*applauds creativity before leaving to be unable to monitor this thread for a week*

Not that I think anyone will get in trouble. This is Tea, not Rage. :P
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 30, 2015, 04:22:09 pm »

-snip-
Are you sure it wasn't just an obscure buttsex joke? :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2015, 01:41:31 am »

No, I am not.

* IcyTea31 shrugs.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 31, 2015, 01:47:00 am »

I love coffee, and I absolutely detest black tea.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13