Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Tea Discussion Thread: Chapter 1  (Read 14710 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Tea Discussion Thread: Chapter 1
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2015, 02:11:28 am »

Enlighten me, what kind of tea exactly do you mean by chai out there? Because chai is literally just tea in Russian, you know, so I'm confused.
Here ya go. It's one of the best teas there is, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Sounds cool. Thanks.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2015, 01:03:42 pm »

Tea > Coffee. True facts.

I like my tea iced and black, with nothing added.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2015, 01:11:22 pm »

My sister has an (herbal?) tea that has dried lemons, berries, and leaves. It tastes like amazing warm lemonade.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2015, 09:17:13 pm »

So I had a crazy idea that I thought sounded interesting.
Coffee mixed with green tea.
I figured I would make it more like tea.
So I used some loose leaf green tea (one teaspoon) already seeped earlier today and about a quarter or a half teaspoon of ground coffee beans. Brewed them in boiling water for a minute or so, took out the tea (some coffee sived out into the drink), added about a teaspoon of honey, let it cool and took a sip...
What have I been missing?!? This tastes better than my usual cup of green tea

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2015, 11:59:29 pm »

« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 06:17:13 pm by penguinofhonor »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2015, 01:05:33 am »

Some teas do well being mixed with other beverages. I like a good herbal tea in a hot-chocolate.

Green tea in coffee is not uncommon. At my work, there is at least one customer who regularly buys a green-tea-coffee. Another regular buys tea in bulk and adds the tea bags to his coffee each day.

I do not believe I've heard of anybody adding Earl Grey or English Breakfast (Black tea, just like Earl Grey but without any citrus oil) to another beverage, since everyone who buys their drinks from me who gets those flavors prefers them without anything added, but I imagine that an Earl Grey Hot Lemonade would be a delight.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2015, 07:35:51 am »

I don't really like black teas .-.
The flavor is too strong and I've heard black tea isn't really healthy for you either (ok I'll drink Iced tea).

After drinking my cup of mixed green and coffee I have decided this is a drink that will go good with studying for school or just staying up for a really long time. :p I had trouble falling asleep last night waking up repeatedly and not really feeling tired. I think the coffee works to wake you up and give you a boost then the green tea kinda gives you that extra nudge to stay awake.
Will be testing it's effectiveness this morning

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2015, 07:49:12 am »

It has been steadily chilly (17 degrees Celsius indoors, 10 degrees outside) for past week around here, and I would like to publicly state my gratitude to black tea with sugar for keeping me warm and in working condition.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2015, 03:05:19 pm »

Yep. Yesterday in the evening I was freezing in a park. I had a thermos of sweet black tea and when I took it out my friend, who was freezing with me, said: " Hay, a have a flask of rum!"
So we were drinking tea with rum and playing chess in the street. It felt nice and now I know what kind of tea is the best and most warming one. I recommend.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 03:21:52 pm by Bumblebee »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2015, 03:19:08 pm »

Yep. Yesterday in the evening I was freezing in a park. I had a thermos of sweet black tea and when I took it out my friend, who was freezing with me, said: " Hay, a have a flask of rum!"
So we were drinking tea with rum and playing chess in the street. It felt nice and now I know what kind of tea is the best and most worming one. I recommend.

Point one: was it sugar or rum? I'm pretty sure there is a certain difference in effect.
Point two: it's "warming", not "worming". The former makes you warm and comfy and happy. The latter has something to do with worms, I suppose, and sounds nasty.
Sigs

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2015, 03:26:56 pm »

Point one: No idea. On the on hand, it wasn'g enough rum to get really warm. But on the other... Both, I guess. The effect may change ,when the ingridients are combined.
Point two: Fixed. Again, not enough rum to be worming.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2015, 03:56:37 pm »

As an aside note, "worming" refers to the procedure of getting rid of intestinal parasites. And "worming tablets" are antihelminthic medicine. So you'd need a lot of rum, and you'd have to take it from the other end, IYKWIM.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2015, 04:04:38 pm »

As an aside note, "worming" refers to the procedure of getting rid of intestinal parasites.

I meant it to be a single-word name for big amounts of rum's ability to deprive human of his vertical-walking talents and make him crawl like worms, but, well... I'll have to find another word to represent it.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2015, 05:11:01 pm »

As an aside note, "worming" refers to the procedure of getting rid of intestinal parasites. And "worming tablets" are antihelminthic medicine. So you'd need a lot of rum, and you'd have to take it from the other end, IYKWIM.
Isn't that de-worming, though? Unless you're shoving predator worms up your animals' asses, which would be pretty badass.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2015, 06:07:52 pm »

Isn't that de-worming, though? Unless you're shoving predator worms up your animals' asses, which would be pretty badass.
I've heard both "worming" and "deworming" used to mean the same thing. Maybe it's just regional.

“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13