The Plague with no name
- 2 (28.6%)
Forever Night
- 4 (57.1%)
The day the floor became Lava
- 1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Collapse(OOC)NOW ACCEPTING VOTES  (Read 2926 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Collapse(OOC)
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 07:32:46 pm »

True, the moon is getting further away. 3.82±0.07 cm per year, roughly. Falling out of orbit is, far as I can tell, exclusively used for decreasing orbits that end with collisions. Not escaping from orbit, as you probably mean. When satellites fall out of orbit, they hit the atmosphere and break up, not go jaunt off into space.

Which also comes to the fact it won't actually break orbit.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2014, 09:12:52 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2014, 10:05:30 am »

Name:The day the floor became Lava.
Death Toll:96%
How Long Ago Was It:10.
What Caused It:unknown.
Description:On the first day most of the oceans evaporated. There was a huge panic, people were scrambling to figure out what was going on. After 2 years everything calmed down again. Although oxygen production went into a deficit there was still enough left for 3000 years. There was a small economic boom after this, Oil companies made millions after discovering new oil fields that were revealed by the loss of the sea, scientists even discovered fossils of mega fauna that predated trilobites.

All was well until 3 years later when suddenly a smokestack appeared at the Mariana trench. Those who were foolish enough to investigate stared down the long and deep abyss and to the horrors of their eyes they saw......magma. Not lava, magma. Magma is like lava but it isn't slowly cooling from the natural cold given off by the atmosphere. To make matters even worse it was quickly rising. The lava kept rising until it reached (insert number here)ft. There are few landmasses in the world that are taller than that height. The majority of the worlds population was incinerated.

The survivors consisted of: anyone who was lucky enough to be in an aircraft at the time, Himalayans, tibetians, wild animals with the psychic ability to predict natural disasters (bees and birds come to mind),random mountain climbers, astronauts, Sherpa, some Hawaiians, a few rich people, and a few extremist groups who seemed to have known about this disaster in advance.

Of course now with such a small population and high population density, previously impossible plans such as full scale genocide and ethnic cleansing now seem like they might actually succeed. Although not everyone is this radical, the majority now believe that the perfect world is one filled with monodiversity. But not all is lost, there is now enough wealth in the world for everyone to be able to own a mansion with golden toilet seats (but distribution is still a problem) and many technologies are still intact from before the day when the floor turned into lava.

It is now 10 years since the floor became lava. May you do your best to steal from the rich, give to the poor, "promote" the values of your group, prevent groups from "promoting their values" or anything else that may pop into your mind.

Ooh,Scary.
I'm thinking about setting up a poll,Should I?

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2014, 10:27:18 am »

Yeah, why not.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2014, 10:32:09 am »

Okay.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2014, 12:12:37 pm »

So. Poison, Ice and Lava went to a bar. It's not there anymore, but it happened.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2014, 03:38:18 pm »

So. Poison, Ice and Lava went to a bar. It's not there anymore, but it happened.

Lol,Anyways guys I could always mix the settings into one Epic CrapStorm if you want,But I'm a gonna wait a few more hours to set up the character template to get more votes.

I liked all of the settings,although I personally thought that the Forever Night had a lot of potential for Grim darkness but it would be nearly impossible to build a stable above ground settlement in those conditions, but I'm sure bay12 could find a way,Now to wait for more votes!

Wow the above sentence probably gave at least one language professor a heart attack...  :-X

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Collapse(OOC)NOW ACCEPTING VOTES
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2014, 05:12:23 pm »

Well then,Apparently Forever Night wins by 3 votes, Smashing Victory.
Anyways the Character Template I Promised:

Character Template

Name:(Survivors Name)
How He/She Made It:(A few sentences describing how He/She survived Forever Night)
Stats(You Get 10 points,stats start at one,3 is average)
Strength:
Agility:
Charisma:
Intelligence:
Perception:
(You guys should be able to know what these stats mean.)
Skills:(Your practical skills,you get 4 points to distribute among skills,1 is novice,20 is legendary,you can level up skills by training them)
Traits:(Just a few things that make them stand out,Like cannibalism or Fanatic Armok Worship and so on)
Back-story:(A few sentences/paragraphs detailing the character's life)
Motivation:(How the character motivates the other survivors)

There,That should be versatile enough.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2014, 10:31:53 am »

Guys, Is this thread dead? :'(

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2014, 10:49:33 am »

^^That's entirely up to you.

Name: Lord-God Geramek Hortesque
How He Made It: Built a giant, magical, self-sustaining, rolling land fortress powered by magma and never left it.
Stats
Strength: 4
Agility: 1
Charisma: 1
Intelligence: 6
Perception: 3
Skills: Runecraft 1, Alchemy 1, Necromancy 1, Blacksmithing 1
Traits: Fanatic Armok Worship, Fire Elemental Soul
Backstory: A mortal accidentally imbued with the soul of a millennia-old flame elemental, granting him enormous power that quickly stripped away his former mortal identity and drove him to the brink of insanity. It was he who took the Sun for to power his machines of war and fire, that he may enslave the peoples of earth. He constructed his land battleship in secret and came to discover Armok, whom he considered with awe and now worships. Now after snatching the light from the sky he trolls the waste seeking mortals to steal for the ranks of his magical biotech army.
Motivation: They serve him by the whip.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2014, 11:05:31 am »

Name: Stella Neoma
How He/She Made It: She was asked to stay in Nova 1, the largest in a collection of underground cities built to hold the future of humanity.
Strength:2
Agility:2
Charisma:1
Intelligence:6
Perception:2
Skills: Astronomy 1, Medic 1, Speech Making 1, and Writer 1
Traits: Studious  , Loves the Cold, and Prideful
Back-story: She was working as a scientist for NASA and was one of the first to notice the coming night. She tried to warn people, but no one would believe her, until it was to late. Now she works as the leader of Nova 1 by promising the people a brighter future with science.
Motivation: She drives the people forward by promising a better tomorrow through the use of science.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 11:07:21 am by Ama »

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2014, 12:31:14 pm »

Name: Lord-God Geramek Hortesque
How He Made It: Built a giant, magical, self-sustaining, rolling land fortress powered by magma and never left it.
Stats
Strength: 4
Agility: 1
Charisma: 1
Intelligence: 6
Perception: 3
Skills: Runecraft 1, Alchemy 1, Necromancy 1, Blacksmithing 1
Traits: Fanatic Armok Worship, Fire Elemental Soul
Backstory: A mortal accidentally imbued with the soul of a millennia-old flame elemental, granting him enormous power that quickly stripped away his former mortal identity and drove him to the brink of insanity. It was he who took the Sun for to power his machines of war and fire, that he may enslave the peoples of earth. He constructed his land battleship in secret and came to discover Armok, whom he considered with awe and now worships. Now after snatching the light from the sky he trolls the waste seeking mortals to steal for the ranks of his magical biotech army.
Motivation: They serve him by the whip.

You can't start out with an indestructible land Ship,Also the setting is regular earth after the apocalypse.Of course Armok worship is fine,but if you want magic you're gonna need to talk to Cthulhu.I've got a very dynamic explanation as to why the sun disappeared,Mwahahahahahaha!

How He/She Made It: She was asked to stay in Nova 1, the largest in a collection of underground cities built to hold the future of humanity.
Back-story: She was working as a scientist for NASA and was one of the first to notice the coming night. She tried to warn people, but no one would believe her, until it was to late. Now she works as the leader of Nova 1 by promising the people a brighter future with science.
Motivation: She drives the people forward by promising a better tomorrow through the use of science.

Pretty good,If it gets enough votes it can be the one!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 12:32:53 pm by LuckyKobold »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2014, 03:03:39 pm »

+1.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2014, 09:40:13 am »

Should we just start now or should we wait until more people post, LuckyKobold?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 10:00:10 am by Ama »

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2014, 10:18:19 am »

Well we can start now but I need you to vote on somethings.
Game Realism'
Hyper Realistic(So Real The Research Slows Down Updates.)
Mostly Realistic(Might Be A Couple Of Errors And Such)
Realistic If It's *Fun!*(What It Says On The Tin)
What The Nether Is Realism?(No Research,Just Pure Intuition, And Player Suggestions)

Game Difficulty
Pansy Land(Very Easy)
Not That Scary(Easy)
I'm Still Standing(Normal)
Oh S**t(Hard)
Hastur,Hastur,Hastur(Very Hard)
*FUN!*(Nightmare Mode)

Also you guys didn't think that your only enemies would be Frostbite,Cannibals,And Starvation did you? :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4