Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43

Author Topic: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)  (Read 123665 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - Looking for players (Who wants some Waaaaagh?)
« Reply #600 on: February 08, 2015, 12:11:16 am »

It's not too complicated, once Arcvasti posts the end-of-year 3 Kobold save

Just a heads-up: This will hopefully be a thing that will happen in the near future. Hopefully.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 08, 2015, 11:18:58 am »

Halfway through Spring now. Will switch to Masterwork tileset, and maybe include a joke about how everything looks different for a reason the Spirit Overseer can't discern.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 08, 2015, 11:35:48 pm »

10-40 FPS sucks ass...

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 08, 2015, 11:42:45 pm »

It's not too complicated, once Arcvasti posts the end-of-year 3 Kobold save

Just a heads-up: This will hopefully be a thing that will happen in the near future. Hopefully.
Yay!
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 10, 2015, 03:13:48 pm »

The Bay12er gestures!
The thread shudders and begins to move!
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 10, 2015, 03:16:05 pm »

There should be a year 2 comparison, I'll write it this week end if Meph does not have the time.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #606 on: February 10, 2015, 05:52:06 pm »

I'm buying my train ticket tomorrow, soon I'll be offline for a couple of days. Any time I find is for modding.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 10, 2015, 10:04:14 pm »

There should be a year 2 comparison, I'll write it this week end if Meph does not have the time.

That would be great!

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 11, 2015, 01:10:07 am »

WARLOCK Spring of 35

1st Granite, 35

A new year dawns, and I find myself contemplating my situation. What the hell am I doing here? How long will I prevent my inevitable second death?

Pressing questions. Questions that I don't really have the answers to.

Ah well, back to work.

2nd Granite, 35

Today, inspiration struck. A secret project is in the works. I call it "Project Pylon". I don't know why I call it that. It seemed like a good name to me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No one was really using that anyway, right?

3rd Granite, 35

As far as I can tell, there is only one person doing actual work.

Henceforth, she shall be known as "Only Competent Necromancer".

Wait, no, holy shit, someone else joined her!

However, he's not a necromancer, so OCN's new name stays.

Also, a zombie has begun a mysterious construction. Hooray?

5th Granite, 35

OCN's spike of competence appears to have inspired her fellows. Perhaps they have taken her new name as an insult to them (which it is) and decided to show me that they can, in fact, actually do something besides dicking around on the lower levels?

The Other Center Library must be their clubhouse. There are none of them actually pictured in my latest masterful illustration, however, to acknowledge the fact that they are finally doing work.

6th Granite, 35

I may have spoken (written?) too soon.

11th Granite, 35

And now we have... a wooden cup? Sure, why not. Here at Chainedentrails, we have all the wooden cups. ALL OF THEM.

15th Granite, 35

I'm getting very, very tired of this river roaring in my ethereal ears and slaughtering my FPS all damn day. So, I'm going to dam it.

Construction will begin momentarily.

It is an ambitious project, to be sure, but all such must start somewhere.

Once the main wall is complete, I intend to deconstruct the portion closest to shore, slamming the ethereal block construction down and closing off the annoyingly loud and incredibly laggy water flow.

20th Granite, 35

A near disaster is averted on the construction of Project Pylon when the Overlord very nearly deconstructs the ethereal block floor out from under his feet. I attempted to explain why it was a bad idea to stand on top of the floor he's removing when he LIVES ABOVE A RIVER AND PROBABLY CAN'T SWIM, but I gave up when he started drooling.

In light of this idiocy, the construction of Project Pylon is suspended indefinitely.

21st Granite, 35

In an attempt to redirect the Overlord's suicidal tendencies onto something constructive, I told him to go attack something.

He then walked away, muttering something about "new toys".

I decided not to ask.

26th Granite, 35

A couple foxes appear out of nowhere.

Apparently this is significant in some way, so I tell the Overlord to go take care of it.

I don't see the foxes again.

2nd Slate, 35

Well, no wonder I have barely any workforce. They were apparently all smoothing floors on the very lowest levels of the deep dungeons. Why the hell were they doing that? There were so many other things they could be doing... So I told them to stop it.

If I need more space for something-or-other, I'll slap some new construction on the "tower". It could stand to be a bit higher.

10th Slate, 35

When the sun rose above the "tower" today, everything looked... off. I can't tell how, but something has changed.

I don't like it.

OOC: Switched from Phoebus to Masterwork tileset. Parts of it look better. Parts of it look worse. About what I was expecting, really.

I also turned on Truetype fonts. Much better.

In other news, construction of the walls on the first level is nearly complete. Some of the corner walls have been suspended, even though the gap is BIG ENOUGH TO WALK THROUGH... but I digress. If there wasn't some of the constipation of the workforce reflected in the end product, I would have been greatly surprised.

11th Slate, 35

:(

13th Slate, 35

Apparently, the fortress attracted no migrants this season. The Zombie who informed me of this did so with a completely straight face. I told him to go back to carving is stupid hourglasses and hourglass accessories.

Now he's knitting little purple hourglass cozies.

Fuck everything, I'm going to go get wasted.

14th Slate, 35

Dire news: Because I am a bodiless spirit, I can't get wasted. Also, I don't think we have any alcohol.

15th Slate, 35

I have devised a second secret project. I call it... Project Other Pylon!

I have a good feeling about this one.

2nd Felsite, 35

The area for the Graveyard is now complete. I have revised my plans for the area, having decided that it would be better for it to attract new zombies instead of souls. For that purpose, I have begun construction on an area right next to where the graveyard will be, for a designated meat stockpile.

Now, time to begin construction on the Graveyard itself...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Okay, no, hold on, I can still salvage this.

Just some new floor to the south, and everything should be fine...

3rd Felsite, 35

The Lady of Bones has mandated the construction of Hourglasses. Way ahead of you, Lady.

5th Felsite, 35

Okay, here we go. Graveyard ho!

16th Felsite, 35

Progress is slow, as per usual. The graveyard's construction has been assigned to one unlucky necromancer by his fellows. I tried to get more of them on the job, but when they started licking their lips and eyeing me up, I decided that getting the fuck out of there was the better part of valor. The Overlord, at least, never did that. I think I'll assign jobs through him from now on. A figurehead, if you will. Hopefully this won't come back to bite me later.

17th Felsite, 35

Today, the Lady of Bones has withdrawn from society. She immediately claimed a Craftsman's Workshop. It remains to be seen what she shall do.

Also, today a random Zombie dropped his load of Black Ethereal Blocks and wandered off in the midst of constructing Project Other Pylon. Project Other Pylon is of dire importance to this "tower"! Actually, what was I doing with that again? It's been a month or so... maybe I should have written it down somewhere...

Oh yes, I remember. I was building a safe way down to the lower levels. No, hold on, this is the wrong way to be going about this.

Hold on...

18th Felsite, 35

Construction on the reimagined Project Other Pylon is already underway. The leftmost two stairwells will be paved over and deconstructed, respectively, to comply with the annoying accounting error that keeps me from simply building one construction on top of another. The main, and indeed, only, area that provides access to the lower levels of the "tower" will be connected to the second level of the "tower" proper by new Black Ethereal Block construction on the existing Bone Block support structure.

It will clash horribly, but fortunately for me, unlike many of the other Overseers that I have heard tell of, I don't have OCD.

20th Felsite, 35

Today, the... individual in charge of deconstructing the solitary constructed stair in the way of Project Other Pylon, after two days of "work", was scared off by a Giant Mole.

I am... unhappy.

Fuck you in particular.

Hey, Overlord, come deal with this, and I swear, if you go camp out on the hillside instead again, I'm going to personally smash your face in.

Good, he's actually doing it.

And now, observe the Retarded Overlord in its natural habitat - slaughtering random forest/cavern creatures with a single blow.

I should really have someone brick up the cavern entrance, shouldn't I?

Hold on, what's this?

Lady, I thought you were satisfying your strange mood! What the fuck are you doing battling Giant Moles in the cavern access?

Oh my God, these warlocks, man. They're just... SO DUMB. You wouldn't normally expect this level of stupidity from a magic user. I don't know.

I really wish I could get wasted.

Okay, Overlord, come kill this one too.

21st Felsite, 35

Okay. Let's go ahead and feed those two Mole Souls to the Warlocks. Maybe they'll stop shooting me all of these hungry looks then.

I... don't understand. Do animals just not have souls or something?

Weird.

Oh, and I need to tell the Overlord to tell the Lady of Bones to stop fucking around in the caverns getting teeth knocked out by giant moles.

22nd Felsite, 35

Vindication! My Graveyard is complete!

In celebration, I have gifted its magnificent builder a new name.

I'm sure he greatly appreciated it. The Overlord assured me that he did, anyway.

For now, I shall command them to try to attract lost souls, since the "Meat Stockpile" thing doesn't appear to be working out.

I - okay, what is it now?

>:(

You know, I'm getting very, very tired of this, and I think everyone else is too, if this combat log is any indication.

23rd Felsite, 35

>:( >:( >:(

First moles, and now weasels? Will the sudden tide of vermin never end?

On the other hand, it may not be so bad. Sure, they startle the workforce, but then the workforce turns around and punches them in the face and/or dismembers them with an Adamantine Wraithblade. No real harm, and it keeps the Overlord entertained.

On the other other hand, they're really annoying.

On the other other other hand (being a spirit, I can have as many hands as I want, thank you very much), I really should get around to bricking off the cavern access, hopefully without sealing half of the population inside. "Store Item in Stockpile" my ethereal ass.

24th Felsite, 35

Wait, Overlord, where are you going? There are still weasels to kill!

Fuck.

25th Felsite, 35

The construction of the reimagined Project Other Pylon is almost complete. Unfortunately, I forgot to order the construction of down stairs on the level above the new up stairs, and the walling off finished today, so I have temporarily cut off the lower levels. And the Overlord is down there "acquiring provisions", so, the first time a horde of Mole/Weasel crossbreeds attacks, I'm going to have to depend on the zombies.

And in case you didn't know, zombies are slow as all hell.

26th Felsite, 35

The down stairs are complete. Well, that was embarrassing.

However, that means that the reimagined Project Other Pylon is complete!

It is very nice, if I do say so myself. I may want to expand some of the paths, though, to accommodate regular traffic.

27th Felsite, 35

Construction progresses quickly on the widened path to the new, secure stairs down into the basement and mine levels. I may want to widen the stairs at some point, as well, and make them less... ridiculous. It's not like there's much else for the workforce to do but build things around here.

And remember: a busy warlock is a warlock that is not contemplating trying to eat you.

28th Felsite, 35

As construction continues, it feels almost as if time itself is... slowing, somehow. Perhaps the old adage is true: the watched pot never boils. (15 FPS. I am not happy.)

In other news, Bred Hedadawheshey has created a masterpiece! I feel sorry for the person who must live with this name. However, I don't feel like renaming him (her? I don't know...), so they will just have to deal with it. I also don't know what they made. I asked the Overlord to ask Bred what he/she/whatever made, and he just looked at me with a blank expression.

Well, whatever, I don't suppose it matters that much. Probably another pair of dice made of sand.

Sand. Seriously, what the fuck?

1st Hematite, 35

I am told that summer has begun today. Doesn't really feel any different. You know, I wasn't aware that the Overlord kept track of such things. Maybe there's a bit more to him after all. He has layers. Like an onion. Both have a hidden facet or two, and the smell of both makes you cry. Seriously, this guy needs a bath or something...

Construction continues, etc., etc. Sometimes I don't understand why I even write this.

Why am I even still here? I'm not in a phylactery, and there's no danger of it in the future, since I've set the Soul Syphons to ignore me and I doubt that any of these assholes are competent enough to set it back. I could leave whenever I want.

I'll have to think on this.

-----

EDIT: Fixed a couple little grammar errors.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 11:51:29 pm by PyroTechno »

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 11, 2015, 07:22:47 pm »

Boltgun, I've already started on the comparison and may have it up today. If not, then tomorrow. Just organizing screencaps and whatnot still.
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 11, 2015, 07:58:51 pm »

☼Battle of the 8 Armies☼ - 2 Year Comparison (Update in progress, descriptions and details to follow)

Since the settlement of the Testy Jungles, two years have passed. Eight different races from the 8 corners of the world have come to this place to claim it in the name of their civilization. Here are their results.

Statistical comparison:

In general success the Succubi and Kobolds are doing the best, followed by the Orcs, then Dwarves (With the caveat that a tantrum is pending), then Warlocks, then Humans (who haven't done very much... yet), and last the Gnomes who suffered a severely impaired start. The Hermit is alive and well and is difficult to compare to the others but he is stable and safe.

☼Dwarves☼

The year started off auspiciously, with a wedding. Spring also saw an influx of new migrants to the fortress. The caverns were explored and a reasonably secure entrance was built to allow access to the new source of materials. (First race to explore and access caverns) A second wave of migrants arrived in summer but there were also two surprise deaths due to some forest spiders. An assault of thieving monkeys (grey langurs) was put down by the military. Frozen monkey brains anyone? Fall brought traders and some prosperity, including delicious cheeses and a cemetery of sorts was designated and begun for the pair that died. Winter started with a Forest titan arriving. It slipped through defenses through a hole in the wall but was thankfully dealt with by the merchant guards. Shortly afterwards a werebeast was spotted and engaged in combat. More deaths and a begin of general unhappiness. This was followed by additional dwarves being turned and starting to savage others in were-form. Which led to more deaths and unhappiness, tantrumming and beatings. And that is where the year ended. Two werewolves/dwarves still present, and as ex-military they pose a threat. Many unhappy dwarves and an imminent tantrum spiral should make the next year challenging.

Fort:

Summary:

☼Kobolds☼

Spring saw the kobolds in some disarray and reorganization. The diminuative kobolds were never prone to order, but strong emphasis was placed on a good defensive perimeter and protecting from potential threats. A migrant wave in early summer swelled the ranks and close to doubled the population. Crude shovels were crafted and excavation for new burrows began and the wall around the camp was completed. While the entrance bridge was boggled at the intrepid bolds set guard badgers, and other pets, including the camp Ogre to defend the vulnerable entrance. It was fortunate the defenses were finished as a squad of elves ambushed in late summer, killing valuable animals. The gate got it's first trial and slowly creaked shut, trapping the elves outside. Except for two, who in a shower of gore revealed themselves to the guard animals. A squad of spearbolds, led by Smakemupagus and followed by nearly two score angry kobolds decended on the elves, frantically trying to save their slumbering druids, who were in the path of destruction the pair of elves were wreaking. One of the druids was killed as the kobolds counter-attacked. Losses were high but the kobolds carried the day. How fortunate that the rest of the elves did not make it past the gate! The remainder of the year brought traders, and more migrants and the burrow began flourishing. Ample food and a relative safe haven.

Fort:

Summary:

☼Gnomes☼

The year was marked by trial and difficulty. After the slaughter the previous year the survivors managed to pull through and by selling off the possession of their deceased fellows acquired some much needed goods. But capable workers were few and automated systems had not yet been established. By summer a hydro-powered defensive loop is made and utilizes a windmill to empty the system, enabling some automated systems and fabrication machinery. The foundations for the gnomehold were begun and by fall laid out. High quality glass traps placed strategically ensured the safety of the entrance. One of the first automated machines to be installed was the Automated stonecutter. A resounding success, albeit a very dangerous one. The feed into and out of was deadly enough to nearly bludgeon a gnome to death and, he died in the hospital. 1500 blocks were produced. All told, a good year for the stabilization of the gnome fortress.

Fort:

Summary:

☼Orcs☼

A new change of leadership brings fresh scents into the orc camp. The warleader immediately takes issue with the previous system of organization (read giant pile of everything stockpile). A multitude of changes ensue, including multiple drafts. A spring migrant wave serves to boost the work capability, while a failed mood provides the only loss of life. Of the orcs. A second migrant wave in summer further swelled ranks. Reptile men have risen from the depths and are attacking the fortress! Oh, never mind. The pet wolves dealt with it. Of course then came the real pests. Giant roaches from the depths caused mass confusion before being dispatched by the orc squads. First raid sent out to goblins, for muckraker to get peat for fuel. An artifact wooden cup was created. A forgotten beast (A towering hairy flame-breathing mayfly) rose from the depths to attack and was killed at the cost of three orc defenders. A squad of elves foolishly attacked and were slaughtered, no losses. And a forest titan, a giant scarab beetle with a poisonous sting. Also killed. Oh, and an ash blob, since they were out of giant bugs. No losses. Plenty to keep them busy and it is the reason for corpses and bodyparts everywhere.

Fort:

Summary:

☼Humans☼

Well, a cheesemaker is leading the humans. So of course he's going to be focusing on food. Fresh water from the river (instead of a muddy pond) and conversion of the edible plants into alcohol. A early summer migrant wave swelled the ranks and brought some capable military people, promptly drafted but ill equipped. Walls were expanded and some houses were started. Apparently the leader spent most of the time trying to make an artifact mechanism. Traded for goods, but lost the broker when a lizardman invaded and killed him. A quiet peaceful year with a focus on fortress construction and acquisition of raw materials.

Fort:

Summary:

☼Warlocks☼

Spring saw the warlocks appoint their official Overlord and he continued work with their characteristically strange building location. Not that a series of rooms connected by walkways hovering over a major river was that wierd. A few ... things, fell into the river and drowned. Hey, who's throwing poo? Monkeys were slaughtered for their indiscretions, and skunks as well, just for fun, and to improve the odor of the undead working for them. Rampant slaughter of wildlife continued in the summer months but the overlord was not pleased. Not pleased at all by the lack of wanton destruction. Not pleased by his accommodations, nor the ineptness with which he was surrounded. By fall this was rectified and he was formally annointed OVERLORD. Yes, the caps are necessary. He insists. Progress was slow due to lack of resources. Living breathing ones to turn into much needed byproducts. The OVERLORD himself spent most of the time finding such resources and making them available to everyone else. Fortress defense was improved and is stable and supplied.

Fort:

Summary:

☼Succubi☼

Construction and fortification was the byword of the Succubi in the second year, particularly with the new overseer that arrived in a group of 16 migrants. Not that there wasn't parties with scantily clad red-skinned vixen hitting each other with pillows, but one can't always train for combat. Trade went smoothly in spring and summer and the emphasis on a workable and secure fort paid dividends. The cavern was explored, though a skirmish in summer with heavily armored antmen left four of their number dead. Their cages were also capturing intruders, humans and elves mostly. For sinister and lascivious reasons, of course. A small wave of migrants in late summer boosted population a little more. Dwarves attacked in fall and were lured into cage traps as well, and another small migrant wave came in late fall. Construction of a large communal shower took high priority. A good lather is important. Construction of the depot and brothel in winter was completed but much was left undone.

Fort:

Summary:

☼Hermit☼

A military mindset started the Hermit off in spring chopping trees to make bronze. And by seasons end he had a full set of bronze armor. Just in time for an elf ambush to startle him. He managed to make it safely to the cave and lock the door while the elves killed all his animals. They didn't even eat them. With the Hermit locked inside dehydration became a priority and upon perusing his goods came across a Legendary Deep bronze Long sword. With it in hand the Hermit ventured below to the caverns and found potable water to drink, and a few grey lach, quickly dispatched. By the time fall rolled around the elves had departed, minus two that had been caught in cages. Some altars and coffins to bury animals in finished out a few new rooms. Fall had him with plans to heavily trap the entrance to the cave and he spent most of the time making the needed materials. The elves were set up in the caverns as a form of safeguard.

Fort: No major changes structurally.

Summary:

Save with all races in year one:http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10579
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 07:01:10 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 11, 2015, 09:55:32 pm »

☼Kobolds Year 3 Redux☼

1st Limestone: The merchants, bloodied and limping, finally leave. Winter sinks its cruel talons into the carcass of summer and they do not wish to be entrapped here when the frosts arrive.

3rd Limestone: The rooms the simpering “Chief” wanted are finished. They lack the mettle to be a leader, much less a ruler. But if they can make the caravaneers bring the supplies we need, I am prepared to tolerate nearly anything from them. The endless construction of barrels and pots has finally borne fruit: We now have spare barrels to fill with poison or drink, a luxury we have long lacked.

4th Limestone: One Blank had some previous experience with poison making. And we never lack for young Kestral-signs making a nuisance of themselves. I set the former to making slowpoke poison and the latter to making blowguns. A blowgunner squad armed with poisoned darts could bolster our defenses considerably, especially if the Wall is given fortifications for them to shoot from behind.

8th Limestone: I’ve finally figured out what that odd artifact turret is supposed to be used for. You’re supposed to WEAR it. It has straps, fitted perfectly to a kobold’s size, that are difficult to see when not in use. The squad leader of the Blossoming Spears, our most experienced warrior, has been given it to wear.

12th Limestone: I’ve ordered our Digger to begin mining out malachite ore. We’ll need the copper to make Metal blowdarts.

21st Limestone: I conscript a few Blanks as additional Diggers to mine more ore. We do not have the knowledge to refine the malachite ore into its pure form, so its yield will be primarily slag.

22nd Limestone: Some adders terrify kobolds near the Westgate. I consider sending the militia out to deal with them as a training exercise, but the Crimes Against Nature Machine kills them instead. One of them is flung against the far wall of the Depot before exploding into chunks. That weapon trap is an excellent investment. It barely tickles those with even basic armour, but is deadly against anything else.

23rd Limestone: Yet more immigrants have arrived. They bring our population to a total of a hundred and sixty-six kobolds. I draft all the new arrivals into the blowgun squad, the Rains of Iridmedtob. It is only fitting that that the most advanced and well trained militia koboldkind has ever seen should bear the name of our greatest triumph.

2nd Sandstone: The smelting process goes on. As I predicted, most of the unprocessed ore becomes slag, but we still have a fair bit of copper and we can use slag for building in any case.

6th Sandstone: I begin forging the first copper blowdarts. It’ll take quite a bit more copper then we currently have to fully equip the Rains of Iridmedtob with blowdarts. We have several barrels full of slowpoke poison though, so Metal blowdarts are the hold-up. The Wall goes far more slowly then I’d hoped, but a third furnace for collecting sand has sped the process along considerably and our Glassmaker works much faster than they did at the beginning. Block by block, month by month, the Wall takes shape.

14th Sandstone: I have the diggers begin work on a drainage system for the Drowning Chamber. Potent as it is, it is also highly messy. A pair of discrete drains near the Westgate bridge should greatly quicken the cooldown of our second most powerful weapon.

1st Timber: Certain amongst the kobolds have begun muttering amongst themselves. They speak against me and my mind of gears and steel. They say my machines, my weapons and my Wall are a poison. They say we have become those we despise, that our Valley of peace and harmony has become a dwarven fortress in all but name. No one challenges my authority to my face, but they WHISPER.

2nd Timber: The Crimes Against Nature Machine brutally gibs an entire herd of grey langurs. The whisperers say my forge is fueled by blood and that the weapon trap is a way of extracting it from innocent animals. They imply I consort with dark sorceries and corrupt the pure nature magic of our kind.

12th Timber: The whisperers no longer stop their gossip when they notice me. Every word I say is twisted against me. I’ve taken to spending what little free time I have in the turret of the archer tower, where I cannot hear their whispers.

20th Timber: The people are restless, stirred up by the nameless faceless whisperers. I begin holding public executions, where I throw captives from the top of my turret onto the spikes I’d had placed below it. It works, the people are both cowed by my ruthlessness and impressed by the designs that captured them in the first place. But, in the night when all else is silent, I can still hear their whispers of sedition and unrest.

24th Timber: The Chaste Choppers begin their ascension to Witche[r]s. The whisperers mutter darkly, but make no move against me. They’re biding their time, waiting for a moment of weakness. I will NOT give it to them.

28th Timber: Asmoth, the Archdruid, begins the ritual of indoctrinating another prospective candidate into his order’s ranks.

1st Moonstone: The Shaman, after having cast the bones, calls this a winter of ill omen. They predict that innocent blood will be spilt upon the soil of the Valley, misery will be called down from its lair and that fire will be quenched by frost. I do not usually subscribe to such superstitions, but I know only too well that the power our Shaman possesses are all too real. There is a fell chill in the air.

[[OOC:Winter update to follow before this Saturday.]]
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 12, 2015, 01:21:32 am »

Paulus, great job on that chart for the Year 2 comparison!
Clearly your ranking points doesn't put enough emphasis on sentient kills though  :P

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 12, 2015, 01:56:43 am »

That last Warlock post was absolutely awesome. I laughed. I usually don't do that. Good job.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 12, 2015, 03:31:50 am »

Boltgun, I've already started on the comparison and may have it up today. If not, then tomorrow. Just organizing screencaps and whatnot still.

Cool, thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43