Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Well, I wrote a book.  (Read 721 times)

Doctus

• Bay Watcher
  • 黄昏よりも昏きもの…
    • View Profile
Well, I wrote a book.
« on: December 13, 2014, 07:26:28 pm »

I've been working for about a year on a young-adult(-ish) fantasy story, and I recently managed to finish it. My editor's description sums it up pretty well:

When Miranda wished to be "doing anything" other than drawing water, she hardly expected to end up battling an evil sorcerer as a knight in the service of a magical realm on the verge of destruction. Armed with a twig (it was an accident) and aided only grudgingly by the harsh-spoken Paramastus, it's up to Miranda to solve the mystery of her predecessor and save...THE UNICORN KINGDOM.

It's available on Amazon if anyone is interested. Feedback is always helpful!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Well, I wrote a book.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 07:42:26 pm »

Ooh, I remember you posting about this a while ago. Good to see you finished it!
It's pretty late now so I've only taken a cursory look, but that sure looks like a book that you have being published there. That's definitely an achievement that most people don't manage.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Well, I wrote a book.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 08:09:02 am »

I'll check it out!
...Although, why is she trying to save the unicorn kingdom? I thought they deserved everything they got? ???
Oh well, I'll read it anyway. I'll even bookmark it right now so I remember.       
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.