Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: syn_class token problem  (Read 931 times)

meskion

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
syn_class token problem
« on: December 12, 2014, 01:06:50 pm »

I am using the syn_class token to prevent two interactions from happening at the same time in one creature, but it doesnt seem to work, and i dont find any explanation or reported bugs on the wiki, so im probably missing something, here are the raws:

interactions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and creature interaction usage:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When tested the creature can perform both interactions and both syndromes activate simultaneosly, which should not happen. Is there any problem with my raws? Am i using the interaction tokens correctly?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: syn_class token problem
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 07:59:34 pm »

If I'm reading that right (I'm on cramped phone screen), it looks you are using a syn_class to make the creature immune to repeat infection, but trying both infections simultaneously.  It won't be immune from the first yet when it tries the second.  You'd have to make one apply after a delay, one or two ticks might be enough.  To do that, you give it a syndrome that enables it to do both interactions on itself, staggered slightly.

I tried something like this, syndrome A if creature has the syn_class and syndrome B if not. I gave up and used a syndrome-trigger to run a script with the selection logic in it.  The mod was using DFHack anyway, so that dependency didn't bother me.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 08:01:13 pm by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map