Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 142

Author Topic: Gurren Lagann Gaiden [IC]: Anti-Spirals  (Read 81090 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Gurren Lagann Gaiden [IC]: End of a Legend
« Reply #1245 on: July 25, 2015, 05:15:24 am »

"That is the divide between us and you. We will give ourselves for the greater good of the universe, yet spiral races would live life to its fullest. But happiness is not created with spiral energy; it is a result of pheromones injected into your brain to stimulate pleasure. The spiral races still existed under the domination of the Anti-spirals; it is completely possible to live in a universe that will exist perpetually and still be happy. But for those that gave away their happiness for that dream to happen, that is their sacrifice. Our sacrifice to this world. And the spiral races undid that.
But it is not over yet. Anti-spiral energy is still existent. Reverting to it is simple considering the global form of government dominating Earth and the consolidation dominating the galaxy. If not that, then a new Anti-Spiral would perhaps arise one day."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: July 25, 2015, 06:04:34 am »

"I still call bullshit on that claim that happiness was possible under you. I saw the conditions you left earth in - humans contained underground, harried constantly by beastmen, under one million populace all the time or else the entire species would be wiped out, under the reign of a betrayer and madman who ultimately turned against you in the end. Your methods were flawed, and your vision was too.
And I'll die again before I let anti-spiral energy be generated from the crushed hopes of the populace, whether beastman or human. No matter how worthy of extinction the former is, they don't deserve what you had in mind."

Tömas stands up with the limberness of a man a thirtieth his age.

"I'm not even sure why I'm listening to you yap about your so-called greater good anyhow. You're just a washed-up old dustball who was proven wrong in the end. Not even able to do anything but harp on about how things should've been done your way and then everything would've been alright. We'll move in without you."

He tucks the cube into his jacket pocket (I know he's a ghost, shut it it makes sense), seemingly completely ignoring the massive walking hypocrisy his last statement was, and walks off into the night, intent on finding a fight of some sort to distract him until morning.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: July 25, 2015, 06:13:03 am »

"Illogical."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: July 25, 2015, 06:15:00 am »

Galen is still drinking and potentially looking for a booty call. The only proper way to honor someone who died a warrior's death really.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: July 25, 2015, 08:58:46 am »

Buki tore through the city streets, sprinting towards the Commander's base. This was gonna get him in a lot of hell but he needed to tell Viral about this. Besides, Commander Viral had an immortal body, he didn't need sleep.

He knocked on Viral's door, panting a bit. He'd been running for a bit... He just hoped the Commander wasn't gonna be TOO angry.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: July 25, 2015, 11:33:48 am »

((Power naps are a thing  :P))
Buki notices Viral asleep on his desk sitting, seeing him through the open door. A glass of whiskey is sitting next to him; it seems that Jen and Ao weren't the only ones upset. From the noise he opens his eyes; aggravated and tired, and stares at him.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: July 25, 2015, 12:54:20 pm »

Buki salutes. "Permission to enter sir?"

The facts were replaying in his head. The more he thought about it, the more he was sure. He didn't like the direction this was taking... But it had immediately gone after Viral, then the Gurren Lagann. It knew. It HAD to have... And that meant that something had been watching.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: July 25, 2015, 01:03:59 pm »

"Yeah. What is it," he said before standing in the dim light, glancing at Buki with tired eyes.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: July 25, 2015, 01:26:17 pm »

"Sir, I believe this attack was intentional. I know that Tomas was one of the first into the fray, yet it targeted you. In addition, when Gimmy and Darry entered the battle, it focused solely on them, even copying the Giga Drill Break. It is my belief that this enemy has been watching us, possibly for quite a long time. This wasn't a random attack sir. In my opinion, we should consider this a declaration of war." He paused a moment, and continued.

"It also had to have some form of sentience. If it was running on instinct, it would have eliminated the threats first. In addition, it would have used the holograms to flee and recover. I believe it came with a mission, which... was probably to disable the Gurren lagann, one of our most powerful weapons."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: July 25, 2015, 02:06:18 pm »

Jesse has somehow found herself in a bar brawl.

She, however, would put it a different way. Someone may have questioned her right to be there, and she may have taken offense at the slight, which may have resulted in certain comments about said individuals character and sexual relations, which may have resulted in a minor physical altercation which may have unwittingly dragged in others while it was ongoing.

As she leaves, however, tongue feeling for any broken teeth(none, thankfully), she sighs. Maybe that fight had hit her harder than she'd thought...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: July 25, 2015, 02:10:12 pm »

Viral looks at him, and blinks.
 "But... why?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: July 25, 2015, 03:25:37 pm »

((INTERACTION TIME FORCEFUL ATTACHEMENT))

Tömas, strolling through the seedy underbelly of the city, mayhaps happens upon Jesse as she leaves the scene of the brawl.

"Hoy there, girl. Get in any fights yet? The night's still young and I haven't found anyone willing to brawl with an old man. Spineless, the lot of them."
Sig! Onol

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: July 25, 2015, 03:30:43 pm »

"Fair..."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: July 25, 2015, 03:35:48 pm »

"Just the one," she says, the beginnings of a black eye only just starting to appear.

Her hands are only barely shaking as she pulls out her thankfully undamaged pipe. At least it wasn't raining.

"So have you come up with any better ideas for how to stop this shit besides committing atrocities as bad or worse than what the Anti-Spirals did?" she asks the apparition as she lights the tobacco inside before taking a few puffs to make sure it was smoldering right.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: July 25, 2015, 03:51:43 pm »

"Not in the slightest, and the man himself hasn't been any help either. Won't stop yammering on about how his way would be better. Heh, though you'd know what that sounds like."

His hands are in his pockets, and he's looking not directly at Jesse, but instead up and around, at the night sky, at the multitude of twinkling lights in the towers of the distant downtown district. His expression is unlike what she'd have seen from the ghost before - normally it's filled with purpose of one kind or another, and he's always focusing on something, devoting his full attention to it, lending even his glances a fierce intensity.
Instead his gaze is somewhat vague, and his face is slack. He doesn't seem to really be looking at anything in particular.

"No, I'm afraid my mind's firmly set on the past tonight, it seems. You'd think it wouldn't be, I've had six hundred fifty four years to stew over it, but that fight, the idiot kid dying, everything ... it brings it all back in a way that pointlessly raging about it just doesn't."

He puffs out a small sigh and focuses back on Jesse, his gaze strangely melancholy.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 142