Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 142

Author Topic: Gurren Lagann Gaiden [IC]: Anti-Spirals  (Read 81101 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Gurren Lagann Gaiden [IC]: GIGA...
« Reply #1170 on: July 22, 2015, 04:10:48 pm »

Galen goes to defend Eun.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 22, 2015, 04:18:21 pm »

Tömas sighs. Being bodiless was a pain in the ass sometimes.

"Fine then! I'll just substitute! Who needs aiming anyway!"

Put 10 SP to use Like I Was Alive for next turn.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 04:46:48 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 22, 2015, 04:20:53 pm »

"I suspect that will not be enough. Fall back and get ready to attack it when or if it survives."
Ao moves the Exalt away from the blast zone, but gets ready to rush into the fray again.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 22, 2015, 04:31:55 pm »

Jen stares at Gurren Lagann as she boosts the strength of her hull with all of her SP to hit The Nemesis harder! Ramming speed!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:04:11 pm by Projeck37 »
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 22, 2015, 04:38:11 pm »

Manifest a bigass AOE explosion around the area where the Nemeses are, with ... 10 SP. Hopefully enough to clear out the illusions.
Put the rest of my SP into my shield just in case I accidentally myself.

((One or the other, one action a turn. Also, Gurren Lagann is preparing a Giga Drill, and thus cannot put up a shield. And trust me, Tomas has more than enough power to destroy Gurren Lagann.))
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 04:41:42 pm by PrivateNomad »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: July 22, 2015, 04:44:12 pm »

((Edited in that case, hopefully this works out.

And see, minmaxing does have benefits! :P))
Sig! Onol

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 22, 2015, 05:25:39 pm »

Jesse keeps smashing into the thing, using her elbow spike-blades to try and rip it apart, holding onto it and generally trying to both keep it distracted and keep it between her and the giant drill that was appearing.

"Fight me you heaping rustbound pile of a car fucker!"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: July 22, 2015, 05:34:45 pm »

Reina starts firing at places that might be less armored, like its joints.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: July 22, 2015, 07:57:32 pm »

Buki flicks on his Spiral Focuser, looking around the battle field. The most good.... would be to help Gimmy and Darry, the pilots of the illustrious Gurren Lagann. He begins to pull the Spiral Energy from the space around him, coalescing it into a bright green sphere of pure energy. He launches it to Darry and Gimmy, and it latches onto the Gurren Lagann, empowering its spiral engines!

"Gimmy! Darry! Use this and end it!"

Buki uses all 12 SP in his possession to cast Spiral Amplification, boosting the Spirit of Gimmy and Darry!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
~Prologue End~
« Reply #1179 on: July 22, 2015, 10:52:38 pm »

The space around them glows with green energy from Gimmy's drill as it spins, the very tip of it seemingly warping space itself as it draws in huge amounts of spiral power from Gurren Lagann. Even more draws in with Buki's help, the drill becoming larger and sharper and faster as it spins, ready to pierce through the heavens itself... The Nemesis drew its own drill, spinning with its own energy menacingly.
"Thanks for the boost, man," he said over the comms system before resuming charging the drill.
"GIGA..."
"DRILL..."
"BREEAAAK!" he screamed before aiming at the Nemesis, jetting forward into space as the drill propels him forward; the Nemesis follows suit, dashing forward with mass globs of green energy accumulating behind it.
A crack in spacetime formed, rays of green energy shooting out as their drills collided, two tips, two very atoms touching each other to create prismatic rays of light from two ultrapowerful spiral forces colliding head on, unable to flee, unable to return.. by sending forth their drills, they have reached the event horizon, and the only thing that will let one persevere is sheer will.
And sheer power.
Everybody heard a loud crack of ripping metal, even through the vacuum of space, as the powerful drill of Gurren Lagann cracked, the Nemesis's drill advancing forward as they drill into each other.. another crack, and suddenly all is dreadful as the Nemesis's malevolent drill completely shatters the spiral drill of Gurren Lagann, moving forward and ripping apart Gurren Lagann's chest to shreds, tearing it in half from the massive drill..
As the green energy clears, everyone sees Gimmy, dwarfed by the Gunmen the size of a skyscraper, holding off the Nemesis's drill with his own, projected from the little green Core Drill held tenaciously in his hand... he grits his teeth, blood pouring from his wounds as his small drill cracks, getting smaller and smaller until the malevolent Giga Drill Break finally reaches the Core Drill itself, its tip driving straight into it... the brightest ray of light you have ever seen shines in the depth of space as the Core Drill shatters, into eight shining fragments, which fly out into space... and by perhaps fate itself, into the hands of everyone's Gunmen.
As for Gimmy, the Nemesis's Giga Drill Break tears through him, his entire body decimated and dissipating into spiral energy.
"Simon... I'm sorry..." he whispered before green energy envelops him completely, the candle flame of his life flickering into the void.

From the upper half of the Gurren Lagann, it glows green as Lagann separates from it.. Darry's vital signs drop as she falls unconscious from the blast, but thankfully still alive. Everyone can feel the spiral energy emanating from the Core Drill fragments in their Gunmen's hands, calling to them...

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: July 22, 2015, 10:58:53 pm »

"I'll... I'll kill you..."
Jen unloads the last 6 of her rockets at the Nemesis, completely depleting her supply of them, as she spirals towards the enemy at full speed.
"I'LL KILL YOU!"
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 11:10:56 pm by Projeck37 »
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: July 22, 2015, 11:08:26 pm »

Reina is only stunned for a brief second before regaining her wits, charging towards the Nemesis and firing at full blast. If she can get there in time, she grabs Lagann with Darry inside and gets it away from the immediate danger.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Gurren Lagann Gaiden [IC]: End of a Legend
« Reply #1182 on: July 22, 2015, 11:35:05 pm »

Galen invokes the power of his drill piece as he charges forward to slice at the undamaged arm of the Nemesis.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: July 23, 2015, 12:02:54 am »

"You-you bastard! TOMAS! HELP ME! NOW FACE RETRIBUTION! THIS IS THE SENTENCE FOR THE WICKED! FIIIIIIIIIIGHT ME!!"

Spiral power flares around the wheel blades, creating drills that seem more like lances than anything around the blades, and wide, tunnel-chewing drill around the wide, outer part, as though it were a shield, as she uses one to dig in and get a grip, and the other to bash in again and again and again and again and again...

SPIRIT BREAK STRENGTH

RIP AND TEAR

« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 01:05:03 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: July 23, 2015, 12:36:14 am »

At the sight of Gimmy's death, the Rapture's Embrace sags. Despite the heat of combat, one always paused, however briefly, to honour the death of a battle companion.
Even if said companion was a stupid half-cocked idiot. Didn't anyone ever tell him that you never lead with a finisher? You had to let the fight take hold of you, let your spiral energy fill you up to new heights, and only when you had power to burn and then some would you unleash your full power and see your enemy as dust.
Oh wait, no one ever taught them proper battle technique because all the schools that taught that were gone! And because of that, the destruction of all they'd built, this one idiot with a whole life ahead of him went and got himself killed for no good reason. That more than anything else made Tömas angry.

"You fucking DUMBASS IDIOT SPINESHOD HALFLING SHIT I'LL MURDER YOU WITH YOUR OWN COLON BECAUSE YER DICK'S TOO SMALL!"

He's about to charge out and do something stupid when he hears something. Faint, through the battle-rage, but there.

"TOMAS! HELP ME!"

Was that-

No. She's dead. You saw her die. It's the other girl. Jesse.

Tömas rockets towards Jesse's gunmen, his face contorted with fury. Both drawing strength from and forcibly ignoring - for now - his past mistakes. For what else had he to power him to go on?
Questions for later. Things to kill.

Go to Jesse. FUUUUUUSIOOOOOON-HA
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 142