Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 142

Author Topic: Gurren Lagann Gaiden [IC]: Anti-Spirals  (Read 81109 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Gurren Lagann Gaiden [IC]: The Anti-Spiral's Message
« Reply #1110 on: July 19, 2015, 10:42:39 pm »

"Galaxies drift apart from each other. They don't fall apart from themselves."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: July 19, 2015, 10:43:52 pm »

"Eventually they would, I bet. Just takes longer since there's nothing concentrating it."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: July 19, 2015, 10:44:00 pm »

Buki has been thinking silently this whole time. No one knew who built the gunmen? That... Was odd. Why would no one know who built their weapons? Something about that stank... But what's more.... This ASN the group was talking about now... Wait a moment....

"So you, Anti-Spiral Messenger... The Spiral Nemesis is due to an overproduction of Spiral Energy by all races with a helix DNA, correct? And that enbergy seems to be causing some sort of infinite feedback loop.... The more energy there is available, the more we produce and master it, which in turn causes us to produce more energy. The only problem I can see is that we're not using enough of it.... If there was some wa...."

He breaks off midsentence, remembering something from an old history textbook.

".... Commander Viral. Pardon my brashness, but would the Cathedral Terra happen to still exist? The Ark Gurren.... I'm wondering if maybe..." The Ark Gurren, which was created by the Gurren Lagann combining with the Cathedral Terra, Lord Genome's old flagship. As far as Buki could recall, that thing ate Spiral Power like it was going out of style. Maybe with that.... They could at least put a DENT in the problem.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 19, 2015, 11:00:21 pm »

"Foolish boy. You do not understand. The immense amounts of spiral power generated by the entire spiral population of the universe dwarves the amount of power the Ark Gurren uses; which produces more power than it even uses. Anti-spiral power is the only solution."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: July 19, 2015, 11:03:30 pm »

"I thought you said other galaxies don't matter? It's the universe again, now? Make up your mind. I just had the idea of diluting the spiral energy by sending it off into extra-deep space, between galaxies and crap."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: July 19, 2015, 11:07:43 pm »

"Well then what about the Super Galaxy Dai Gurren?" He challenges, taking a step towards the mouthy block. "And YOU don't understand. We've been backed into a corner before. Remember that time you tried to wipe out the Earth? Like... three times? In succession? And you FAILED? Hmmm... Why was that again? Oh right!" He snaps and grins, the little shit. "Because you were WRONG. You thought the human race would give into despair. You thought that they couldn't summon up any more power. You thought that we. Were. Weak. And you know something? We're NOT. We defied logic then, we'll defy logic now!" He points to the sky dramatically, a bit of spiral power forming a cape behind him. The showoff.

"If there's an obstacle in our way, we plow through it! If there's a ceiling blocking our ascent, we burst through with unrivaled strength! The universe itself can be our opponent, and we'll still come out on top! Just who the hell do you think we are? We are the men and women of the Spiral Races!"

After that little speech, Buki just kinda... stays in his pose until someone says something. He hopes Kamina would be proud.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 19, 2015, 11:17:56 pm »

"I thought you said other galaxies don't matter? It's the universe again, now? Make up your mind. I just had the idea of diluting the spiral energy by sending it off into extra-deep space, between galaxies and crap."
"Dilute spiral energy..? Calculating."
The cube glows for a few long moments.
"Analysis complete. There are no current means to dilute spiral energy faster than it conglomerates. Even if one were to manage it, more spiral energy would fill in the gap. Also, the diluted spiral energy would conglomerate into smaller portions, creating another problem."

"Well then what about the Super Galaxy Dai Gurren?" He challenges, taking a step towards the mouthy block. "And YOU don't understand. We've been backed into a corner before. Remember that time you tried to wipe out the Earth? Like... three times? In succession? And you FAILED? Hmmm... Why was that again? Oh right!" He snaps and grins, the little shit. "Because you were WRONG. You thought the human race would give into despair. You thought that they couldn't summon up any more power. You thought that we. Were. Weak. And you know something? We're NOT. We defied logic then, we'll defy logic now!" He points to the sky dramatically, a bit of spiral power forming a cape behind him. The showoff.

"If there's an obstacle in our way, we plow through it! If there's a ceiling blocking our ascent, we burst through with unrivaled strength! The universe itself can be our opponent, and we'll still come out on top! Just who the hell do you think we are? We are the men and women of the Spiral Races!"

After that little speech, Buki just kinda... stays in his pose until someone says something. He hopes Kamina would be proud.
After Buki's speech, the Anti-Spiral's messenger takes a long moment to interpret his words.
"Analysis complete. The passion and hope that the spiral races collectively hold was an underestimation by us. Your hope defeated us, but your hope will also be your downfall. Our defeat merely brought the Spiral Nemesis closer.
Calculating.
Analysis complete. The Super Galaxy Dai Gurren's net gain of spiral power on a cosmic scale would bring the Spiral Nemesis much closer than it would be in a standard enviroment."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: July 19, 2015, 11:23:04 pm »

"What if we dumped a portion of spiral energy into another universe? Is that possible?" He liked the speech at least... he dismissed the cape. Dramatics could come later.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 19, 2015, 11:24:50 pm »

"Impossible."

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: July 19, 2015, 11:26:07 pm »

"What other emotions can bring about Anti-spiral energy?"
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: July 19, 2015, 11:26:35 pm »

"So was defeating you. Run the numbers."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: July 19, 2015, 11:31:06 pm »

"So was defeating you. Run the numbers."
"Your arrogance will be your downfall."

"What other emotions can bring about Anti-spiral energy?"
"Sadness. Anger. Despair. Primarily the latter two, when projected in a negative connotation. We can feel it inside of you right now. A seed of despair and malevolence not ready to blossom."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: July 19, 2015, 11:32:15 pm »

Galen is getting back into his gunmen.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: July 19, 2015, 11:32:40 pm »

"So, what happens if there's too much Anti-Spiral Energy?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: July 19, 2015, 11:43:36 pm »

"Then the universe's lifespan will be perpetual. There can never be too much anti-spiral energy."
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 142