Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 4X Android Games?  (Read 1129 times)

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
4X Android Games?
« on: December 11, 2014, 03:10:24 pm »

Does anyone know any good strategy, namely of the 4X type on Android?

I've been looking around for quite a while and couldn't find anything that's not an obvious freemium rip off game like clash of clans etc.
I did look into Master of Orion 2 and Freeciv, but both felt very clunky and I didn't enjoy playing them.
I also tried Imperium Galactica and Star Traders, but it got old.

I'm looking forward to Freeorion if it ever comes out

Anyone has any suggestions?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 03:52:36 pm by Geltor »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 4X Android Games?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 03:23:46 pm »

At this moment I can only think of Star Traders by Cory Trese.

edit: Imperium Galactica 2 as well.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 03:51:48 pm »

At this moment I can only think of Star Traders by Cory Trese.

edit: Imperium Galactica 2 as well.
forgot to mention those too :s

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 05:25:28 pm »

Unfortunately, 4X games seem to be hard to come by natively on mobile platforms, particularly Android. It's strange, as one would think that games that can be played in small bursts such as 4Xs would end up being a bit more worthwhile.

I really wish Starbase Orion had managed to Kickstart their way to Android, rather than stewing in iOS hell. That was a worthwhile game until I upgraded from my iPod Touch to a real phone.

I'm not sure if it counts, but King of Dragon Pass acts a bit like a 4X, in terms of leading your tribe to rule over a much larger area over time, but it's fairly expensive.  Good game either way.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.