Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge Darts - turns 2.5, 2, 2 and 2  (Read 5815 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Darts - a PBP PVP RTD 7/8 - turn 2.5, 1.5, and 1
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2014, 11:13:41 am »

Join, drink bitter, 1 at the center, 2 at the 20 treble.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dodge Darts - a PBP PVP RTD 7/8 - turns 2.5, 1.5, 1.5, and 1
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 11:35:54 am »

Quarter Finals Round Match One Turn Two

Turn to be continued when IronyOwl awakes!

IronyOwl:
Points left: 121
Pints drunk: 1
Verbal Warnings: 1

Devastator:
Points left: 187
Bleeding wounds: 1
HP: 10/10

Quarter Finals Round Match Two Turn Two

Turn to be continued when NAV awakifies!

NAV:
Points left: 284
HP: 9/10

Wolfkit:
Points left: 251
Pints drunk: 2

Quarter Finals Round Match Three Turn Two

Move onto next grade of alcohol!

2x triple 20, 1x center (50) - I need to cheer the crowd, or else...

The next grade of alcohol is bitter! This is the top grade of alcohol available and shows Sarrak to be a man of taste and refinement... and no small skill with the dart!

[4] Having said that, he misjudges his first throw ever so slightly, and hits the treble 18! Not too bad!

[5] But not as good as the next one, smack in the treble 20: 60 goals!

[3] The next dart is a bit more average, nailing a 25 but not the crowd-boosting bulleye. Still, at least he's not bleeding to death!

Turn to be continued when SabreToothTiger awakes!

Sabertoothtiger:
Points left: 236
Pints drunk: 0 (but can have two this turn)

Sarrak:
Points left: 105

Quarter Finals Round Match Four Turn One

Let's go for 3 Trebles 17s (while I am still sober enough to count) and Bitter, like a gentleman.

Finally the final quarter final begins! The handsome Toaster strides up to the oche, carrying a pint of Bitter – like a serious professional gentleman should. He's clearly already a crowd favourite – a bit like the People's Gentleman.

He puts his pint gently down, and aims for the flair player's choice: a Treble 17!

[4] He slightly mishits, landing his dart in the treble 15! But this is okay – it leaves space for more darts in the Treble 17, he reasons.

[1>4-1] But he reasons too hard, and stumbles slightly as he throws, and knocks the remainder of his pint over with his foot! There a ripple of groans from the crowd, and Toaster seems to instinctively know he's lost his initial crowd favourite status with this quite literal faux pas. He steadies his nerves, and:

[1>4-1] Flings his dart with a touch too much brutality, and watches aghast as it bounces off the wiring and ends up in an angry fat bald man's pint glass! THE PINT IS RUINED!

There's a ripple of fecks and shites from the crowd, and a few disgusted looks.

Join, drink bitter, 1 at the center, 2 at the 20 treble.

Hopefully Playergamer will silence the fecks and shites and get the crowd in a favourable mood!

[1>2-1] Bang! He swings back, lets the dart topple from his until now steel grip, and drops the dart into his right buttock!

The crowd are in a favourable mood!

Somewhat taken aback by having stabbed himself in the arse, [2] he completely misses the second treble 20 attempt!

[3] He then manages to slightly redeem himself by at least hitting the board, and getting a nice glancing hit on a 25!

Toaster:
Points left: 256

Playergame:
Points left: 276

Crowd:
Average Pints Drunk: 4.5
Current Favourite: Playergamer, SaberToothTiger, NAV, Wolfkit
Current Unfavourite: Sarrak, Toaster

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Darts - a PBP PVP RTD 8/8 - turns 2.5, 1.5, 1.5, and 1
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2014, 11:42:51 am »

Apologize to the crowd with an apologetic lager.  Trip treb 20.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2014, 11:53:28 am »

Pull the dart out of my buttocks, and throw it at the center. Throw two more at the treble 20. And, of course, drink the Gentleman's brew, bitter.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2014, 12:36:00 pm »

Wake up, down a bitter, then throw all three darts at the bullseye at the same time!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2014, 02:51:32 pm »

Wave my hands around, looking pissed, be sober (oh yes!) and repeat.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Darts - a PBP PVP RTD 8/8 - turns 2.5, 2, 2 and 2
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2014, 04:37:27 pm »

Quarter Finals Round Match One Turn Two

Turn to be continued when IronyOwl awakes!

IronyOwl:
Points left: 121

Devastator:
Points left: 187
HP: 10/10

Quarter Finals Round Match Two Turn Two

Wake up, down a bitter, then throw all three darts at the bullseye at the same time!

Having seen Wolfkit up the ante by stabbing the umpire – albeit accidentally – NAV decides to also attempt the spectacular: the simultaneous 3 dart superstrike!

It doesn't go terribly well!

[4] One dart hits smack bang just below the middle, almost as if to compensate for the following badness: [2] the second (although simultaneous) dart completely misses the board; [1>2-2] and the third dart bounces off the number 1's wiring and shoots back directly towards NAV, aiming directly for his groinbone!

Terrified, NAV leaps out of the way like a retching salmon, only to collide head first with the dart in the umpire's foot, stabbing himself through the cheek and earning himself a Verbal Warning for Ungentlemanly Proximity!

The crowd, being good old-fashioned Men, aren't too sure about this kind of thing, but then everyone in England appreciates a good head butt, so on balance, they all reason, NAV must be a good bloke.

NAV:
Points left: 259
Bleeding wounds: 2
HP: 7/10

Wolfkit:
Points left: 251

Quarter Finals Round Match Three Turn Two

Wave my hands around, looking pissed, be sober (oh yes!) and repeat. [3x3x20]

In an attempt to placate the crowd, SaberToothTiger waves his hands about, trying to look like a typical drunk – but forgets he has a dart in his hand! [1>4] He accidentally throws his first dart at the ceiling, hitting a light and smashing it, sending a shower of sparks down upon himself. And bits of glass.

Perhaps this is why his next throw is so useless [2], not even making the 7 feet towards the board, and why his third is only moderately better, [3] veering completely off course and only notching a double 20.

Sabertoothtiger:
Points left: 196
Pints drunk: 0
HP:89/10

Sarrak:
Points left: 105

Quarter Finals Round Match Four Turn Two

Apologize to the crowd with an apologetic lager.  Trip treb 20.

Making vague gestures to the crowd, Toaster downs a lager in penance: the onlookers seem to appreciate this noble sacrifice, and watch politely as their potential sporting hero aims his first dart carefully at the small slot of treble 20.

[5] BAM! Some actual success! But Toaster keeps calm – he's a pro at this kind of thing, and:

[4] Bosh! Not good enough to merit all caps, but treble 18 is still pretty sweet.

[4] Oof! A second treble 18 seals the best scoring clutch of darts of the match so far! Several members of the crowd shout things that are actually quite polite!

Toaster can almost taste the semi finals!

Pull the dart out of my buttocks, and throw it at the center. Throw two more at the treble 20. And, of course, drink the Gentleman's brew, bitter.

But Playergamer is also a pro – and a cold-blooded darts-assassin! He pulls the dart right out of his arse, and smacks it straight bang into the bullseye!

[5] Whoof! He pauses to drink another pint of bitter, which certainly doesn't harm his standing with the audience, and launches at the treble 20.

[6>5+2] He splits the treble 20 into 2, and gets his dart through both pieces! The ultra-rare double treble 20!

But then the board falls of the wall with the force of the throw, and the umpire has a quick word.

[2] Playergamer is somewhat subdued after this verbal warning, and throws far too softly, the dart landing about two feet short.

Toaster:
Points left: 88

Playergame:
Points left: 106
HP: 8/10

Crowd:
Average Pints Drunk: 4.5
Current Favourite: Playergamer, SaberToothTiger, NAV, Wolfkit
Current Unfavourite: Toaster, Sarrak

GM note: When both players are at a low number of points, I will do things in strict initiative order to be fair, which means the order you posted in for the first turn, if I remember it right. Feel free to add conditional darts – i.e. some form of condition to ensure that if you get a certain score you aim for another score. If you see what I mean, it's getting late.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Darts - turns 2.5, 2, 2 and 2
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2014, 04:42:02 pm »

Another bitter! 3 treble 20s again!
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2014, 04:44:14 pm »

I shall endeavor to make myself clear.

Have a bitter.  I need something a bit stronger in me.

Trip 18.  Repeat until SOMETHING is hit.
Double 17 if the above was hit.  Whatever adds up correctly if something else is hit.  (Trip 18 again if Trip 1 or Trip 4 is hit, if double 18 is hit go for bullseye then double 2.  If I can't figure it out, just throw really, really, hard.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2014, 04:49:46 pm »

More bitter. As my opponent is throwing, give a speech accepting him into the club of fine drinkers.

1 Double 20, 1 Treble 20, 1 6.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2014, 05:11:29 pm »

Mix all 3 beers, then throw a triple treble twenty.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Darts - a PBP PVP RTD 4/8
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2014, 05:37:38 pm »

IronyOwl pausing to consider getting another drink, Devastator controversially opts for temporary abstinence, and nabs IO's spot at the oche. Before anyone notices, he aims for the treble 19, [2] but the dart hits the wiring and flings off, hitting the floor two feet away.

He instead aims for the treble 20, holding his breath and letting fling.

[1>5-1] He flings too hard, and again the dart bounces off the wiring, rebounding with vicious force, and nearly hitting him in the face! He looks a little unnerved as he comes to throw his final dart of the turn:

[1-1>4-1-1] He doesn't throw this one hard enough! It limply drops out of his hand, plummeting straight downwards and impaling his foot. Devastator stoically holds in the pain, and even manages to hold in some of the blood: it doesn't look too serious just yet.

He looks around, wondering where IronyOwl got to, and start to impatiently drum his fingers as if he hasn't really noticed the dart through his juicy footflesh.
This is what happens when you don't drink, kids!

And... I guess the rest of the thread is what happens when you do.

Anyway, another bitter and another raft of treble 20s!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2014, 06:41:28 pm »

Sabertoothtiger:
HP:89/10

Oh, shit!

One more bitter!
2x triple 15, 1x double 15!

If it goes badly, but not overly so - try triple 20. Or bullseye. Whatever gets me closer to zero. Yeah.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 06:47:35 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2014, 02:25:50 am »

I am an unstoppable killing machine!
Bite off a part of my darts and throw them with all the rage in my soul at the trip treb 20.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2014, 03:16:04 am »

Given that all 4 matches are full, I guess I'll join the waitlist if such a thing is allowed.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4