Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge Darts - turns 2.5, 2, 2 and 2  (Read 5806 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dodge Darts - turns 2.5, 2, 2 and 2
« on: December 11, 2014, 04:50:57 am »

Roll to Dodge Darts – A PBP PVP RTD

Darts is totally a noble and traditional Great British game, so it makes sense for Bay12 to have its very own noble and traditional Darts champion.

This will work very simply.

We will go straight into the quarter finals for this first ever RTDD Championship. You enter by posting something witty, such as "In". [edit: may as well also post your first action too] The first two people to post will start the first quarter final, and so on, until 4 quarter finals are full.

The game itself is complicated and requires technical skill, so I will be calculating results using a d6 (a real one!). The aim in each round (there is only one round per match, at least at this stage) is to get from 301 down to exactly 0. You do this by, each turn, throwing 3 darts at the dartboard. On the dartboard you can aim at numbers 1-20, or doubles or even trebles thereof (these are more difficult to hit as smaller, or a number 25, or the bullseye, 50. The score of your 3 darts is then subtracted from 301 (or whatever score you are now at) until someone gets to 0.

But! The final score to get to 0 must be a double, or a treble, or a bullseye.

As darts is complicated, this game uses the Exploding d6 system popularised by the ever-loveable Harry Baldman. I don't know if he is bald. This means that 1s or 6s result in another dice being rolled to examine the seriousness of the aforementioned 1 or 6.

Each turn you may choose to drink a pint of Bitter, Lager, or Mild. If you are from the south you will probably drink Lager, but that is okay, kind of. Each pint you drink adds (or subtracts) 1 to the dice rolled when your 6 or 1 (respectively) explodes. This is a fairly accurate representation of the true professional darts world.

So: each turn, you state which numbers you are going to throw your 3 darts at, and whether you want to refresh yourself (and what with) and anything else you want to do, such as intimidatingly trashtalk your noble and traditional opponent, in a polite Great British way.

Remember – there is an umpire and darts is not meant to be a contact sport.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 04:38:44 pm by lawastooshort »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Darts - a PBP PVP RTD
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 04:51:28 am »

Current rankings:
Using the traditional points system, the current World Rankings are:
IronyOwl - 3
Devastator - 1

Current waitlist:
Person
Devastator
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 06:39:50 am by lawastooshort »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 04:54:37 am »

What. Also 'what' is at least as witty as 'in,' ya pasty git.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 05:00:04 am »

It is. Who will face the mighty Irony Owl!

Oh, also, since your first, IO, you may as well post an action - what three numbers to throw at, and if you want to drink. Traditionally, one aims for 3 treble 20s, and drinks bitter.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:02:56 am by lawastooshort »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 05:07:27 am »

Then having no idea what I'm doing, I will reject this advice, glance at the rules, realize I have an awful lot of points to burn through, remember I intend to get completely smashed, and thus do exactly that BUT ONLY BECAUSE I THOUGHT OF IT BEFORE ANYONE TOLD ME.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 05:08:16 am »

If you drink enough, you may be able to win the semi finals in one turn.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 05:11:41 am »

...so you're saying if me and my opponent only aim for 1s and drink constantly...

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 05:17:03 am »

... and then roll a 6...

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 05:58:42 am »

In.  Looks interesting.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2014, 06:06:58 am »

Well, we'll see about that. Choose the targets of your first 3 darts please Mr Devastator - and your choice of Bitter, Lager, Mild or Abstinence.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2014, 06:09:56 am »

Bitter.

And I'll go for one triple 19 and two triple 20s.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2014, 06:16:22 am »

Quarter Finals Round Match One Turn One

Quote from: IronyOwl
Drink Bitter and aim at 3xtreble 20!

IronyOwl adjusts his collar, steps forwards to the oche, downs his pint of bitter, and puts his glass down by his feet. He wipes his brow and draws his first dart, aiming at the thin treble 20 right there seven feet in front of him. Shouldn't be too hard, right?

[5] Right! 60 points! Or whatever they're called. The restless early morning sober crowd politely applaud.

He raises his next dart to throw at the same space: [5] 60 more points!

Feeling quite confident (but sober), he raises his final dart: [6>3+1] He throws his final dart right through his first two darts, splintering them to bits!

[5] The umpire confers (with himself) about what to do – inspecting closely, he realises that the original dart tips are still in the board, so the points stand, but IronyOwl gets a verbal warning for Ungentlemanly and Overly Violent Conduct.

Quote from: Devastator
Bitter.

And I'll go for one triple 19 and two triple 20s.

Devastor untucks his darts top to assume a cool and casual yet professional air, and drinks up sharpish before taking IronyOwl's place at the oche. He pulls his darts out of his inventory with a flourish, and aims!

[2] The first one misses the darts board entirely, much to his disgust. IronyOwl sniggers gently to himself.

[5] Bang!

[4] Also bang, but not exactly where he wanted it, it seems to have veered off course at the last second and hit the treble 18! Which is alright, I suppose.

IronyOwl:
Points left: 121
Pints drunk: 1
Verbal Warnings: 1

Devastator:
Points left: 187
Pints drunk: 1

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2014, 06:20:27 am »

In
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 06:21:15 am »

In

Okay -may as well post your first turn whilst we wait for your opponent - in the interests of speed I'll run all matches simultaneously.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Darts - a PBP PVP RTD 3/8
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2014, 06:26:21 am »

Aim for 1, then 2, then three.
Drink lager.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4