Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: You Only Build Once  (Read 19900 times)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Only Build Once
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2014, 03:04:44 am »

I'm a cheating cheater.

* A player may add or remove one rule of their choice at some point during their turn.

So if you really don't like a rule you can take it down in the second sentence of your post (the first should be 'I'm taking a turn now' or similar). So, yeah, I could have got rid of the 'I'm a cheating cheater' rule at any time, but I'm still hoping someone else will trip up and get caught too. :P
()==[:::::::::::::>

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2014, 04:11:40 am »

I'm a cheating cheater.

* A player may add or remove one rule of their choice at some point during their turn.

So if you really don't like a rule you can take it down in the second sentence of your post (the first should be 'I'm taking a turn now' or similar). So, yeah, I could have got rid of the 'I'm a cheating cheater' rule at any time, but I'm still hoping someone else will trip up and get caught too. :P

oh! I completely forgot about that element. I do like the suggestions tacomagic had, however, and those might appear in my future rulesets. Maybe.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2014, 09:02:25 am »

I'm a cheating cheater.

oh! I completely forgot about that element. I do like the suggestions tacomagic had, however, and those might appear in my future rulesets. Maybe.

I think your concern about rule creep is still a valid one.  It's a lot more fun to add rules than remove them, so unless a bad rule is really terrible, people will likely just live with it rather than burn a turn to get rid of it.  I think some secondary (and preferably challenging) way to optionally neutralize a rule would be a good thing.

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2014, 05:41:04 pm »

Right, sorted out my other comm fort, i may need to finish up one more season but that won't be too bad should i need to.

From the looks of things, you guys are waiting for someone new to step in and add some extras rules (around when rule 9 was introduced?)
If that's the case i'm ready to rumble, gonna have a look round anyway.

Please confirm that i can simply jump in :P
Might even finish by Sunday.
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2014, 07:12:06 pm »

Bigheaded, I believe tacomagic is currently taking a turn. At least that was his implication. Give him a day to confirm!

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2014, 07:18:15 pm »

I'm currently in the tail end of a turn.

I should have the save ready to pass on sometime in the next 5 hours.  Want to finish at least another year possibly two.  Thus far cataloguing the turn has slowed things down, so I may just slip into full on play mode and do a sum-up of the last two years once I'm finished.

Oh, and this current fort will have lots of little presents for our Kobold mercenaries just in time for the gift giving festival of Uristinalias  8).

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2014, 07:29:08 pm »

Aha, excellent, off to bed now anyhow and probably can't pick it up till very late tomorrow anyhow.

Had tried to work out if someone was having a turn or not, looked like a few people were thinking about it but no-one actually going. Had a look around, lots of aquifer which i've never actually bothered to pierce before, so that will be !!FUN!!

Didn't see anyones Kobold in the legends, which is sad :(
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2014, 08:11:07 pm »

Aha, excellent, off to bed now anyhow and probably can't pick it up till very late tomorrow anyhow.

Had tried to work out if someone was having a turn or not, looked like a few people were thinking about it but no-one actually going. Had a look around, lots of aquifer which i've never actually bothered to pierce before, so that will be !!FUN!!

Didn't see anyones Kobold in the legends, which is sad :(

Drukubeekus is in the legends.  Looked him up before my turn since I needed to know how many kills he had.  If you search him by name, he's in there.  Not a very interesting life so far, but he's there.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2014, 01:07:39 am »

Rule #10: Checkout Procedure - In order to keep track of who has the file, the following checkout procedure must be observed:  When you intend to take a turn, you must announce that you are downloading.  You will have 72 hours from that message to post the results of that turn and upload the save.  After that 72 hour window, the current save will be considered available for downloading for a turn.  You can still attempt to upload before the next turn is claimed if you go over the 72 hour limit.  This should keep with the idea of this being "speed fortress" play.  For timekeeping purposes, the time-stamp of your post will be used to determine this time, rounded up to the next hour.

NOTE: If you are currently working on a turn, you may not claim the next turn as an extension for more time as that would be a violation of rule #3 which prevents back-to-back turns.

Also, to make it easier for everyone, I suggest making your check-out post use a large font with underlines and other irritating decoration.

Like this!

Mercenary Info: DrukuBeekus - 26 unremarkable kills
Tribute reduction: 260¤
Yearly tribute: 9,740¤ x years active

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Save coming shortly in a second post.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 11:31:45 am by Tacomagic »

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2014, 01:20:06 am »

So, my naughty little kobolds, it is that time of year again!  Time for Urist Klaus to leave his stash poorly guarded for all the sneaky little kobold girls and boys to pilfer!  Yes, once again, it it the blessed kobold holiday of Uristinalias!

Okay, so that fort was unabashedly to get us some access to better weapons.  The details are behind the spoiler.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Post-retire save:  http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10316

(I'm deeply sorry, I forgot to make a save before I retired.  Does... does that make me a cheating cheater too?  :'()
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 01:58:32 am by Tacomagic »

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 25, 2014, 04:32:53 am »

downloading now.

I suggest Realmslashed be renamed to Sir 3 balls' fort. That famous adventurer known for his... nevermind.
Anyway, Lets see what mayhem i can produce.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2014, 05:24:07 am »

I'm a cheating cheater.

Does... does that make me a cheating cheater too?  :'()

Technically, no. The 'big three' are laws, if you will. The rules can be added to or removed by players but the laws are unchanging.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 05:44:05 am by ptb_ptb »
()==[:::::::::::::>

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2014, 11:30:26 am »

I suggest Realmslashed be renamed to Sir 3 balls' fort. That famous adventurer known for his... nevermind.
Anyway, Lets see what mayhem i can produce.

I remember that dwarf!  In the summer of 56 he came into fort!

Er, never mind.

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2014, 12:15:02 pm »

I'm a cheating cheater.

Does... does that make me a cheating cheater too?  :'()

Technically, no. The 'big three' are laws, if you will. The rules can be added to or removed by players but the laws are unchanging.

well technically, all of the "rules" count:

Any player who breaks a rule must place the phrase "I'm a cheating cheater." at the start of each post they make in this thread. Made in: Turn two by ptb_ptb.

Only the stuff in red is counted as a rule. I've sort of ninja'd away without having to write "i'm a cheating cheater" because he didn't write that you had to type clearly that you're taking the turn in red & bold :P
So i purposely ignored it for a good reason, which leads me to the rule i wished to add:

CHEATING IS GOOD!
Completely disregard ONE rule as much as you wish (EXCLUDING: ONLY BUILD ONCE & REPORTING BUGS! these arn't "rules" more of "laws", see post #2 for all rules), bonus points if you go completely the other direction, such as not only ignoring the 10,000 dorf bucks to the homeland, but even stealing it! Every attempt should be made to adhere to the rest of the rules.
Note, rule #2 should only take effect on any rule which isn't the one you intended to break.

Hopefully more rules will be incoming so to make more fun with this rule. I know which i will break first bwahahahahaha.

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2014, 01:08:21 pm »

Ha, i had come up with that rule before i started my turn.

I just built a site, literally 2 days later, the dwarves turn up  :o, erm. WAT.
Considering my plan was for me to build something above ground which could easily be found (i.e really really big) i brought along a bunch of masons, suppose i could of used carpenters. But i prefer stone.

Therefore plan has changed. The rule i've chosen to ignore is obviously the tribute. I have NOTHING. I managed to scrounge up a couple of spiked balls in a hope that i could continue with my original plan of what rule i was intending to ignore but i managed to only get 1000 TOTAL, considering i have no leniency in the rule for 10k/20k etc per year, it's just as well i chose the rule i did so i have a way out :P

This does mean i should attempt to adhere to all other rules, but there's very few rules in relation to Fort's so i should be fine. Basically the last rule i have left to deal with is ensuring i finish on time!

edit:
This is how fast they turned up. First page of announcements still:

Bear in mind those keas i embarked were on the map.
Literally was embark and dwarves arrive lol.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 01:26:23 pm by Bigheaded »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9