Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: World Divided, Turn 1.2 - Combat [9/9]  (Read 6789 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: World Divided, Turn 1.1 - It Begins [9/9]
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2014, 06:43:06 pm »

It's not that "I use the production line to make 10 rifles!", but really "I equip my soldiers with 10 rifles from the production line!"
The difference is that you can only use stuff from the production line when you have that production line. Production lines are meant to be more of an abstract thing.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2014, 07:19:47 pm »

Why can't we stockpile stuff from the line though?

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2014, 07:27:12 pm »

You people and your logic.
I'll change the production line system into something more similar to what a1s said.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2014, 07:10:14 pm »

PRDF

Spoiler: Purchases (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Research (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Manufacturing (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: WAR!!! (click to show/hide)

SOrry for the delay.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Divided, Turn 0 - Calm before the storm [9/9]
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2014, 11:32:17 pm »

Turn 1, Phase 2
Combat
Lights lit up the sky in just one part of this eventful night as forces engaged alien presences and UFOs were shot down from around the globe.

Phases V2
Turns are now going to be 1+ phases. Phase 1 is basically a regular turn, with the same responses and post as normal. Phase 2 is the result of anything conducted within the turn's timeframe. If there are no things that would finish before the end of a turn, then phase 2 will be skipped. Most things in phase 2 don't require a response, and have a default state (e.g. after a mission troops will return home with max amount of cargo), but players can decide what happens after.
Some things can have up to Phase 4, where all phase above one are just a continuation of events from the phase prior. The only actions you can take in Phases >1 are orders for soldiers/vehicles already deployed.
Production, research, purchases, etc. only take effect in the first phase.

Phases also only depend on the orders given at Phase 1 of their original turn. If you say "Launch interceptors" in response to Turn 2's update, then your interceptors will be seen in Turn 2, Phase 2.

Indonesia - Captured by AAET
The president of Indonesia has thanked AAET for the help.
Saudi Arabia - Destroyed by HHS
The king of Saudi Arabia has praised HHS.
Switzerland - Escaped
Germany - Destroyed by ADU
The president of Germany has personally ADU for their aid.
North Korea - PRDF Forces Engaged
Egypt - Terrorizing
South Africa - Terrorizing
Saudi Arabia - Escaped

Kiryu-Kai
Treasury: 25, 25/turn

No interceptors were launched because no UFOs were detected nera the base.

ARC
Treasury: 20 Credits, 25/turn

Nothing happened for ARC this phase.

God's Front
Treasury: 25 Credits, 25/turn

The H-36 sent to intercept the UFO didn't have much success. By the time they got to the site, ADU forces had already destroyed the interceptor.

PDE
Treasury: 49 credits, 25/turn

The Whitehawk is approaching the crash site of a UFO in HHS territory. Do you wish to continue? Syria and HHS may not appreciate it without consent.

ADU

The two interceptors almost immediately arrive at the last known location of the UFO, and with some updates, were able to pinpoint the UFO.
The recording from both H-36's show a moderate-small sized saucer, and  they both engage the enemy. Both interceptors manage to gain the advantage on the saucer and fire one harasser each at the same time. One misses, but the other one appears to hit an important part of the UFO and it explodes in a spectacular explosion.

Spoiler: Sighted UFO Report (click to show/hide)

PRDF

The camera feeds from the Whitehawk confirm the initial reports; an alien craft has landed in a city and people are forcefully being brought into a landed UFO (see report below)

What follows can only be described as a bloodbath. Conscripts started pouring out of the Whitehawks and immediately began firing on the aliens. Much to the PRDF's forces' dismay, the shots mostly bounced off whatever the aliens were wearing, with the few penetrating bullets only doing minor damage.
With the element of surprise lost, the mass of conscripts rushed for cover as what appeared to be beams started flying through the air. Their effort was mostly in vain as mass amounts of conscripts were hit with surprising accuracy, most being killed. A brief body count at the time amounts to about 30 dead. A mass panic starts and conscripts start running in all directions, attempting to get away from the site of the massacre.

The 24 conscripts left are huddled in cover with a mass of deadly lasers hurdling overhead, listening in for further orders.

Spoiler: Sighted UFO Report (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aliens report (click to show/hide)

Area 51
Treasury: 31 Credits, 33/turn

Thanks to your fast response time, Area 51's funding has been increased by two credits.

AAET
Treasury: 28 credits, 25/turn

Both interceptors engage the nearest UFO in Indonesia, as the size of various UFOs could not be found via the sighting reports.

The UFO, when approached by the two interceptors, immediately appears to throttle up and starts speeding away. The pilots recognize that they must act fast and two missiles are launched.

The first one misses, but the second one hits the center of the UFO, and knocks it out of the sky. The Spec Ops squad is sent to the crash site via Whitehawk.

The UFO is mostly intact at the crash site. When approaching, a soldier hears footsteps and immediately sprays in the general direction. Upon further investigation, it appeared he had downed two aliens, realized later to be the only survivors of the crash.

Spoiler: UFO Report (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission Report (click to show/hide)

HHS
Treasury: 51 credits, 31/turn

-*crackle* This is Interceptor-01, reporting in. Confirmed visual on the UFO. Engage?
-Copy that, Interceptor-01, engage.
-Harasser away, on target, an-*crackle* Hit! Confirmed hit! The alien vessel appears to be ..not damaged at all. Repeat, UFO is unharmed.
The UFO is gaining distance. I can't keep up for long.
-Stay on course; fire another missile.
-Roger. Firing in 3, 2, 1.. Missile away.
-Direct hit. UFO propulsion systems have been disabled, and it is headed towards the ground. UFO down.

By the time the landhopper would be able to get to the base, swap squads, refuel, and reach the crash site, the crash site would be gone, so the landhopper did not deploy to the Egypt site.

Spoiler: UFO Report (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other Stuff (click to show/hide)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2014, 11:36:20 pm »

How did I go over 20? ...Somethings up, I'm going back to check my other stuff.

Alright, first time was me misreading 120 as 125, definately my fault. But I see no reason to have gone over 20 this time. I only spent credits on ONE thing, and only spent 20.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2014, 11:39:13 pm »

That's your surplus pre-expenses.

The only thing that was used from the player stuff was the combat actions. Everything else will be processed when Turn 2 arrives.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2014, 11:40:59 pm »

Ah, so I see that numbers don't matter. Very well then.

PRDF

Charge them. Shoot as many as you can. If their weapons are better get out there and steal theirs [while shooting]. Be sure to remind the civilians that the aliens might kill and experiment on them but it would be a shame if we found out, post-mortem, that their families are alien sympathizers so it might be better to attempt to fight the aliens rather than screaming. Like their families will be if they don't assist the conscripts.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Divided, Turn 1.2 - Combat [9/9]
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2014, 11:42:22 pm »

You just got really bad rolls and the aliens really good rolls.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 11:44:22 pm by Chiefwaffles »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2014, 11:54:22 pm »

Well then maybe my orders will convince my people to do what I told them to do better. I assume, being North Korea, I AM allowed to massacre civilians if their family fails me?

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2014, 11:55:11 pm »

Obviously.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2014, 11:56:11 pm »

PM sent playergamer
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 12:03:24 am by MrVoid »
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2014, 11:58:07 pm »

Send a squad to the site. They are there to clear the site of aliens, and then scrap the UFO for parts.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2014, 12:10:03 am »

The Landhopper can either bring in your wounded squad to the crash site, or bring in another squad from the base and hope the UFO is still there.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2014, 12:12:49 am »

....damn.

Are all my listed wounded non-ambulatory/combat ineffective?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7