Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 112538 times)

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Day 4 - Into alien spaceship
« Reply #825 on: February 22, 2015, 02:31:50 am »

Go outside wearing envirosuit. Bring a knife. Explore around the base.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: February 22, 2015, 03:04:20 am »

...<snip>...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 11:16:20 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: February 22, 2015, 11:38:20 am »

Stop any and all movement and meditate.

All that moves here are you and Dave's Mk 3 pups you just released. They quickly get bored with "don't move" game and start another one. They disturb your all attempts to meditate.

Go outside wearing envirosuit. Bring a knife. Explore around the base.

Same grass, same trees. Trees with white bark are bearing fruits. Surrounds looks much like this.

"The cylindrical room might be another airlock."
Head inside it, and press the left button.
Follow Cromwell

You two and Arrow step into the cylinderical room and Cromwell presses the button. Door closes, leaving you inside and everyone else outside. Nothing else seems to happen. Cromwell presses the other button and entire doorframe slides down. It's really nice elevator, you can't even feel acceleration nor deceleration. 5 seconds later elevator stops as another door comes into view. The mentioned door opens and you carefully step out into hallway. Ceiling starts glowing with dim blue light, just like in downstairs.

The hallway here is three meters wide and goes east-west direction. Ten meters to east is an intersection where from another hallway goes to north deeper inside the ship. It's slightly wider. On west there's alcove on southern wall. In this alcove is similar floor hatch with valve as was in downstairs.

Otherwise this hallway is completely empty.

Just so you know, I assume you explorers took same extra equiment as last time.
* Backpack
* Climbing harness
* Food, water
* Rope and other limbing tools
* Glow sticks
* Head lamps
* Signal boosters
* Dark light paint

Spoiler: Ship map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
Spoiler: In freezer (click to show/hide)
* Helios Crimson Attack Birds (1 dead) (Partially studied)
* Andrew`s Anormal Snakes (1 dead) (Partially studied)

Things in progress:
* Human/bone snake hybrid body horror. Designed by György. Time until newborn: Something is wrong
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 11:40:53 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: February 22, 2015, 12:24:50 pm »

"Do you know anything about these fruits?
Deeper into the forest! Specifically, south.
((For the next few days I may be unable to post, Auto my forest exploration.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: February 22, 2015, 01:07:24 pm »

"Animals have avoided them for so long I can't remember why. And I have encouraged this behaviour for young animals because animals have always avoided them and animals avoid them because I encourage it. I'm sure you can see the problem here."
Old sigs.
Games.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: February 22, 2015, 01:31:44 pm »

Splice random genes.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: February 22, 2015, 04:30:40 pm »

Alright, explore eastwards.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Day 4 - Discovery
« Reply #832 on: February 23, 2015, 10:44:39 am »

All right, to south you go. You have literally millions eyes in the forest to look things for you, so I'm not sure why you want to go there in person. There's grass, trees, berries, fruits, hills, boulders, insects, animals, birds, rivers, lakes and all kind of things you would expect to find in a wild forest. What in particular would interest you?

Splice random genes.

You splice genes under divine inspiration and end up making something. You not entirely sure what you have made and what parts you used. Guess you have to wait and see...

Alright, explore eastwards.

This game is already past its predicted expiration date and player activity is steadily dropping, so I assume you would be fine if I just drop you to the most interesting part here instead of making you wander around randomly.

You wait until everybody is regrouped up in the hallway before continuing. Who knows what kind of automated defence systems aliens left behind. It's realistic concern since doors, elevators and lights are still in working condition despite of being at least half million years old.

The team goes to eastward, marking their path on floor with darklight paint. They discover that the paint glows brightly even when all your own lights are off indicating that ships own lights are emitting ultraviolet light as well. Lights turn on ahead of you and turn off behind you as you explore. It seems like the ship is aware of your presence and considers you as a crew, or it is just motion sensors reacting your presence. Archeologists can't figure out which one.

Delving deeper into the ship you find many rooms with completely ruined furnitures. Some of the rooms have mysterious tools and tables that are intact and maybe even functional. Another thing you notice is extreme lack of writing. Only largest intersections have some kind of labeling but beyond that there's no writings anywhere.

Eventually you find one room that is different. Its back wall contains seven large transparent tubes, each one meter wide and two and half tall. Three of them are obviously damaged. One missing various pieces as if cut off by laser but it bears no sings of melting nor does the damage line up. Inside you find a badly damaged mummified humanoid. It is missing so many parts that you can't make out what it might have looked like when it was alive. Second tube is seriously deformed, as if melted soft and then someone pushed parts inwards. On its bottom is a pile of ash or dust. Third one has fractures all over the surface and its inside is covered with something gray.

As far as you can tell other three tubes are in pristine condition and completely clean. Last one is quite different. It's not so much of a tube as it is a tube shaped hole in reality, so completely black that your brain cannot identify it as a three dimensional object, but rather as a two dimensional rectangle with rounded top and bottom. All tubes have a some sort of control panel on front of them, but only this one is active. You guess this only because it glows.

Spoiler: Explorers (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
Spoiler: In freezer (click to show/hide)
* Helios Crimson Attack Birds (1 dead) (Partially studied)
* Andrew`s Anormal Snakes (1 dead) (Partially studied)

Things in progress:
* Human/bone snake hybrid body horror. Something is wrong, it's not growing.
* Mystery mutant. ??
Old sigs.
Games.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: February 23, 2015, 01:13:31 pm »

Since I'm not a scientist, I doubt I could get any useful info from the mummy. Examine the glowing panel.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: February 23, 2015, 01:52:11 pm »

((Sorry I've been away, my internet's been down since Friday. I'll post something more substantial once I finish catching up. Also, woo! Total infection of the PCs!))
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: February 23, 2015, 05:08:46 pm »

((How long would a trip back to earth be?))
Start growing Mark 4 pups. Ask the mind if it can think of any other creatures that might be useful in my pups.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: February 23, 2015, 08:43:20 pm »

"Dear god...What is this? And, might I ask if it's only I who sees some small resemblance between these and our cloning tubes? And that last one..."

Probably foolishly reach out and touch the final tube, the one that is a "hole in reality".
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: February 23, 2015, 11:54:19 pm »

((How long would a trip back to earth be?))
Start growing Mark 4 pups. Ask the mind if it can think of any other creatures that might be useful in my pups.
Trip back would be one year, same as arrival.

The Mind peeks into your mind to figure out what do you consider useful. What is the ultimate goal with this project?
Old sigs.
Games.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: February 24, 2015, 05:52:33 am »

Study the glowing pad as well also "I kinda want to activate it just to see if we can meet and alien intelligence" not including the mind
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: February 24, 2015, 10:54:24 am »

To create creatures that both seem useful enough for people to want them both here and on earth as well as actually useful if we need to assimilate a stage by force.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 59