Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 112554 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Day 4 - Into alien spaceship
« Reply #810 on: February 20, 2015, 04:53:46 am »

"Well mates shall we go exploring?" Head into the room and when everyone who wants to come is ready. PUSH ZE BUTTON
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: February 20, 2015, 08:08:05 am »

Get clothed in workout clothes, go to the gym.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: February 20, 2015, 10:09:11 am »

Get clothed in workout clothes, go to the gym.

We don't really have a gym here. On mothership maybe, but this ship is oriented for supporting scientists. Which is good, because otherwise you would have embarrassed yourself by falling on gym machines. Now you just fall down in infirmary because of shock connecting into The Mind.

That's right. Now all players are part of same hive mind club, so we can stop using spoilers and PMs. György gets a medal for most effective infection method as more base personel joins The Mind. Now we have two cooks in, so next lunch served on base will be extra spicy. All hail exponential progress!

Sit down and observe the snakeman. Request for a Heavy Laser.

There ain't anything to observe yet, for some reason.

Request denied. Nobody needs laser weapons inside the base. Not that we even have any in our armory. Those belong to military.

"Strange, maybe they are just bored."
Have a computer play some music to entertain them.

Wow...so my main goal from now is to spread you? Ok.

Make sure the animals remain calm and see if I can release them outside without anyone seeing me.

Now playing.

"Yes, pretty much." The Mind says. "Although your effort probably won't be very remarkable until we start infecting people on other ships."

They have hard time staying calm now that you have decided to release them, but they surely try. Hmm, it's night impossible to not be seen. Maybe you could put them into opaque box? Sounds actually pretty good idea.

You find a box big enough to hold the animals and tell them to stay calm and to not eat each others just yet. Once they are comfortably in the box you just casually walk to the airlock with the box. Nobody really bothers you, and why would they?
You quickly wear your envirosuit, descend down on surface, release the animals and ascend back up. Nobody knows what you did, except those who are part of The Mind.

((Mostly just that you went to the trouble of introducing them specifically and didn't introduce some other guys. And they are pretty real.))
Help with the snake men. Maybe try to make a naga.
"Mostly that they're unnatural hybrids of hunting dogs, spiders and two species of alien bird that are biologically immortal, grow to maturity within three days tops, have four eyes (two of which can see infrared) and can produce electricity in amounts ranging from static to deadly. Plus what's the fun of genetically engineering something normal? They have pretty stable DNA and the males have some minor differences. Any harmful mutations can be breed out pretty quickly and minor ones will ensure genetic diversity within a few years."

Just a note, your doggy is in cardiac arrest, which means its heart stopped. You can still attempt to save it, but if you won't then it will die for good. It's first generation dog anyway, so it ain't big loss.

György's snake man is beyond your help now. And your naga... well, dna of the bone snake is just too different, it doesn't bend into your will.

Head into the airlock.
"Well mates shall we go exploring?" Head into the room and when everyone who wants to come is ready. PUSH ZE BUTTON

"Yes. By all means! Let's!"

Nevaeh, Pendle and one archeologist stays behind. You know, just in case things go to hell. Once others are in Mark pushes the bottom button on panel next to outer door. The door slides closed in much smoother movement than it opened. Perhaps it was just so rusted in place after being unused for god knows how long. Then you wait in small dark room for two minutes, expecting something to happen.

Since nothing happens Mark press top button on panel next to inner door. Only Arrow can hear it, but there's a faint whining noise before inner door opens. On other side is a larger room. Only light is your headlamps for solid five seconds before suddenly ships own lights flicker on. Dim bluish ligh shines from ceiling and lets you see properly what is in here.

Most of the wall on left side of the room is covered by heavily corroded presumably metal structure. Time has bent it out of shape very badly, but you would guess it used to be a cabinet or locker of some sort. On right side of room is a unspecific pile of corroded metal. Long time ago it might have been similar as the one on left wall, but time has treated it harshly.

On opposite side of room is a door looking exactly same as airlock doors. On left of it is a button panel which contains only one unmarked button, shaped like a triangle pointing upwards. A meter to left is number of rungs attached to the wall, forming ladders up to ceiling. On ceiling above the rungs is a circular hatch and right on middle of it is a valve, the kind that you can rotate around. An emergency access tunnel maybe?

And on middle of floor is a pile of dust, white scraps, transparent glass like substance and rust in vaguely familiar shape.

"How is it?" Cole asks over radio. "Shoud we wait for you or should we go explore other tunnels here?"

Spoiler: Explorers (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
Spoiler: In freezer (click to show/hide)
* Helios Crimson Attack Birds (1 dead) (Partially studied)
* Andrew`s Anormal Snakes (1 dead) (Partially studied)

Things in progress:
* Human/bone snake hybrid body horror. Designed by György. Time until newborn: ??
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: February 20, 2015, 10:41:32 am »

Try to save the pup. How did the other bio teams respond?
"So Doc. I have reason to believe this derivative of BAC 3 I developed in my free time would help anything we make be more resistant to any native pathogens. Mind if I put it in the clone tanks?"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 10:47:26 am by The Froggy Ninja »

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: February 20, 2015, 11:07:15 am »

"So Doc. I have reason to believe this derivative of BAC 3 I developed in my free time would help anything we make be more resistant to any native pathogens. Mind if I put it in the clone tanks?"
"Ow. That pun physically hurt me."
Help the good Mad scientists doctors.
((Orange glow=said through the Mind))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: February 20, 2015, 11:39:46 am »

Oh right, I forgot about those. Again. Let's see... Most of bio teams do not have time or interest to pick any of your little monsters, but at least two are curious. They'll come to check out your dogs next time they swicth locations, which should happen in a day or two.

And one engineer from Geo 2 ship came. She's missing her own dog which she wasn't allowed to bring along to this expedition, so she's looking for a replacement to fill the hole in her heart.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: February 20, 2015, 01:39:22 pm »

Do NOT allow anyone near my snakeman. Lock and barricade the doors.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: February 20, 2015, 07:11:12 pm »

Well it so old I douth we will have any problems so lets get exploring.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: February 21, 2015, 02:16:02 am »

Exploring the room you are standing in, the new door on opposite side or the hatch on ceiling?
Old sigs.
Games.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: February 21, 2015, 04:55:14 am »

Look in all three then head further into the new door
My Sig

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: February 21, 2015, 02:32:33 pm »

Yourmaster, GUNINANRUNIN, are you two still playing?

Fast search through the book reveals exactly one entry about how to handle stopped heart. A very detailed formula how to calculate optimal shock strength and frequency based on animal size, weight and few other factors. It's not exactly what you are looking for, but it has to do. You show copy of the formula to infirmary, which then proceeds to do the math. Once proper values are measured and calculated, it starts administrating shocks to the dog. Few shocks later its heart starts beating again!

Phew, that cut a little too close.

"Ow. That pun physically hurt me."
Help the good Mad scientists doctors.
((Orange glow=said through the Mind))

Doctors are busy doing nothing, so I assume you meant biologists. György doesn't want any help it seems, and there's very little you can do to help Dave. Not that even them are really doing anything at moment.

Do NOT allow anyone near my snakeman. Lock and barricade the doors.

You lock doors to the cloning vat/tank room. Knowing infirmary can overrride it at anytime you drag those two tables from corner against doors. It won't really stop anyone, but everything else here is bolted on floor so...

As you return to staring your would-be-snakeman mutant you start wondering why it hasn't grown yet. By this time there shold be at least something visible.

Look in all three then head further into the new door

The pile of rust on right wall contains absolutely nothing but rust. The one on left wall is equally empty. It crumbles on floor when you rummage through it, but not before archeologist manages to photograph it. And the dust in middle of room... well, everything you touch crumbles into pieces, causing much of grief to the archaeologist. Some of the glass pieces look like deformed lenses.

Now the rungs on wall, you give them few experimental tugs to ensure they won't fall under your weight. Since they feel sturdy enough you climb up to the hatch and study it. The hatch seems very airtight if not even merged with ceiling. Considering its apparent age it actaully might be. The valve on hatch takes very serious effort to turn even after figuring which way you are supposed to rotate it. After three full rotations the valve refuses to move any more so you supppose it is open.

Except it doesn't. Damn entropy, welding shit together. You basically hang from the hatch, tugging and pulling it like a monkey before it finally opens. This makes you fall down. Landing isn't most pleasant one, but at least you didn't break anything. Behind the hatch is a vertical tunnel, rungs disappearing into darkness above. You could climb it up but... hmh, lets see the door first.

The eastern door is identical to airlock doors in appearance. Pressing the button next to the door is all you can do, do that's exactly what you do. Ten seconds later the door slides open revealing empty cylinderic room. There's nothing inside besides two square buttons. both are unmarked. Either all text has faded away or designers assumed everybody would know how this is supposed to function.

Seeing situation is apparently safe rest of the team goes through the airlock and arrives into the room.

Spoiler: Explorers (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
Spoiler: In freezer (click to show/hide)
* Helios Crimson Attack Birds (1 dead) (Partially studied)
* Andrew`s Anormal Snakes (1 dead) (Partially studied)

Things in progress:
* Human/bone snake hybrid body horror. Designed by György. Time until newborn: ??
Old sigs.
Games.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: February 21, 2015, 02:35:51 pm »

"The cylindrical room might be another airlock."
Head inside it, and press the left button.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 21, 2015, 03:22:24 pm »

"Come on Pendle. I don't want to go through the paperwork of a normal change. I need verbal permission."

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: February 21, 2015, 03:56:00 pm »

Stop any and all movement and meditate.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: February 21, 2015, 06:24:11 pm »

Follow Cromwell
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 59