Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 112564 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Day 4
« Reply #765 on: February 15, 2015, 12:55:58 pm »

No I do not want to draw conclusions on it because he could have just gotten lucky and wasn't anywhere near facemelting viruses of doom. Envirosuit up!
Take with me medical supplies, nonperishable food and water, my envirosuit, and a sidearm. Oh, and go ahead and grab a specimen container, just in case.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: February 15, 2015, 01:31:26 pm »

((Did I eat?))

Eat if I didn't, then get to the observation terminals to moniter what everyone's doing so they don't kill themselves somehow.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: February 15, 2015, 02:13:21 pm »

Take the puppies on a feild trip to the hydroponics area to try and gain inspiration for more geneticly engineered abominations of nature.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: February 15, 2015, 02:26:53 pm »

((Did I eat?))

Eat if I didn't, then get to the observation terminals to moniter what everyone's doing so they don't kill themselves somehow.

You did eat the stuff I listed.
Great minds think alike. That's exactly what your Geo2 counterpart is doing.

Take the puppies on a feild trip to the hydroponics area to try and gain inspiration for more geneticly engineered abominations of nature.
Spoiler: SECRETS (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: February 15, 2015, 03:11:36 pm »

Chase after Pup.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: February 16, 2015, 12:28:36 pm »

Finish breakfast, feed the not-already fed puppies, play with them.

You really love those pups, don't you? How about you play a game where pups play a pack of hunters and you play a prey? Sounds good? Good. Because this happens. Showing excellent cooperation young dogs chase you around the room and finally knock you down on your back. They bite you playfully, being careful enough to not hurt you, but you definitely feel those teeths.

While you are laying down and being bitten, something bumps on your head. You arc your back and neck to see what it was. Oh, it's just one of those newborn puppies. It plants its front pawns on your forehead. Dave is running towards you apparently shouting something, but you can't hear him over your high-pitched scream.

Aaand then you find yourself floating in the void between stars. Or so you think. These out of body experiences are becoming too frequent to you...

Your plans are interrupted by Adam and your older dogs getting shocked by single Mk 3 pup. Adam is unconscious. The two dogs who were biting his legs stand up with shaky legs and are yelping pitifully. The third one, who were standing on Adams chest, is laying on same spot and is breathing infrequently. He's alive, but just barely. The dog, I mean. Adam is fine. Probably.

I told you those pups would kill somebody.

Chase after Pup.

Unsuprisingly it runs directly to infirmary, where you find the scene described above. Pup is licking the one laying on top of Adam.

No I do not want to draw conclusions on it because he could have just gotten lucky and wasn't anywhere near facemelting viruses of doom. Envirosuit up!
Take with me medical supplies, nonperishable food and water, my envirosuit, and a sidearm. Oh, and go ahead and grab a specimen container, just in case.

You gather your stuff and head to hangar. Mark is already waiting there with his dog, Arrow, who is playing with some engineers. You don't have to wait for long before transport flyer arrives. You, Mark and Arrow step aboard on it and are greeted by group of five men who introduce themselves as archeologists.

Flight to the caves goes faster now than last time, mostly because this time there is a beacon to point direction and distance and because weather is much better than yestarday. Cole and Erick are waiting here for you. Rest of Geo 2 crew are already in the cave checking if it is still safe.

I suppose you would like to go directly to the pillar without stopping to explore any other unvisited tunnels?

((Did I eat?))

You claim a chair for yourself and pull up video and audio feed of the away team and observe. Looks like they just arrived at the outpost. Nothing fatal or dangerous yet.

Except Adam getting shocked by a living taser.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
Spoiler: In freezer (click to show/hide)
* Helios Crimson Attack Birds (2/3 alive) (Partially studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Minimally studied. It's a mess inside.)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Studied)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: February 16, 2015, 01:02:14 pm »

"The rest of the cave appears to be relatively uninteresting, or potentially dangerous in the case of the light-sensitive crystals. Of course, that's of what we've explored so far. So, shall we go to the main pillar? We'll need to do a bit of climbing to get there."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: February 16, 2015, 01:55:37 pm »

"The rest of the cave appears to be relatively uninteresting, or potentially dangerous in the case of the light-sensitive crystals. Of course, that's of what we've explored so far. So, shall we go to the main pillar? We'll need to do a bit of climbing to get there."

"Well, the pillar is what we are here for." Says one archeologist. "Although there's old saying 'no two without the third one', so I wouldn't be suprised if something interesting were found in other tunnels."
Old sigs.
Games.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: February 16, 2015, 01:58:56 pm »

"Our readings imply that it's one large structure, though, so if we were to explore the pillar we've found, we'll likely come across any other protrusions. But, you're the archaeologists here. You'd have final say."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: February 16, 2015, 02:05:42 pm »

"Our readings imply that it's one large structure, though, so if we were to explore the pillar we've found, we'll likely come across any other protrusions. But, you're the archaeologists here. You'd have final say."
"We need to see the pillar anyway, see what it is made of and if there is anything else. The video recording of what you saw wasn't terribly good in quality, so there might be many things you missed. It's a starting point at least."
Old sigs.
Games.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: February 16, 2015, 02:07:27 pm »

Swear a lot about my frequent out of body experiences.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 16, 2015, 02:10:52 pm »

Sip coffee. Stay at my station.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 16, 2015, 02:13:31 pm »

Swear a lot about my frequent out of body experiences.
You don't want to do anything else with it...?
Old sigs.
Games.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 16, 2015, 02:16:28 pm »

Alright then. With a nod, Pendle begins setting off for the pillar, using the markings they made as a guide.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: February 16, 2015, 02:43:31 pm »

Build a non-conductive playpen for the pups. Wrangle them in there. Get the infirmary to do a check-up on the shocked dogs and also Adam.
Spoiler: SECRET (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 59