Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 112686 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Day 3 - Drinking
« Reply #720 on: February 11, 2015, 11:48:04 am »

((It was meant mainly for NPC's since I already asked the player's and they ignored me. how many turns pass while we're asleep?))
"These things reach adulthood in less than a day. They need to become accustomed to the base and staff as quickly as possible."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 11, 2015, 12:29:45 pm »

((It was meant mainly for NPC's since I already asked the player's and they ignored me. how many turns pass while we're asleep?))
"These things reach adulthood in less than a day. They need to become accustomed to the base and staff as quickly as possible."

Ok, NPC will drop by and pass judgement.

It mainly depends at what point people will go asleep. It is still early evening (17:00), so there's plenty of time. Nothing important plot events will happen today because weather is being an ass, so if you lot decide this is enough for a day and rather skip to tomorrow, that's ok by me. In this case mk 3 would born at morning.

And you never answered my guestion: Will this currently growing mk3 be a batch of usual five pups?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 12:31:57 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 11, 2015, 12:48:29 pm »

Yeah. How long is a turn?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 12:52:50 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 11, 2015, 03:59:05 pm »

Go to the puppies.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 11, 2015, 05:19:19 pm »

Put the puppy to bed and got to bed myself being careful not to disturb Cromwell
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 11, 2015, 05:59:45 pm »

Hardly missing a beat, Pendle immediately responded to Dave's question the second time around, not hearing the first.

"YES! Er. Yes, I would like a puppy."
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 12, 2015, 08:42:00 am »

Play with the puppies!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 12, 2015, 11:07:11 am »

Yeah. How long is a turn?

It varies wildly, from minutes to many hours.

Go to the puppies.

You dance into infirmary where puppies are sleeping in a pile. Looks like they are sleeping lightly and dreaming about something.

Do you want to adopt one?

Put the puppy to bed and got to bed myself being careful not to disturb Cromwell

Yea, she's sleeping in her personal bundle. You carefully move her into position where she isn't on your way, turn lighs off and go to bed too.

Wanna name her?

Hardly missing a beat, Pendle immediately responded to Dave's question the second time around, not hearing the first.

"YES! Er. Yes, I would like a puppy."

Being master of infirmary you get right to pick any one you want. Nobody can stop you here. Pups are basically clones so there isn't physical difference within same generation. Mk 1 or 2? Male of female? Or leave it to rng?

Play with the puppies!

Puppies are sleeping! No playing!

People are starting to trickle into infirmary room where pups are sleeping; engineers, cooks, system admins, pilots, communications officers, janitors... Some of them find four eyed dogs unpleasant, but many are interested of adopting one. Dave, as a father, can decide who gets one. Pendle has priority though. And maybe György too?

Spoiler: SECRETS (click to show/hide)

Time jumps forward, it is 19:00 now. Not much time left until night comes.

Currently we have following samples on ship:
Spoiler: In freezer (click to show/hide)
* Red headed birds (2/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Studied)

Experiments in progress:
* 5 Attack dog hybrid mutants, mark 3 (Puppy: -5)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 12, 2015, 12:36:10 pm »

Steal one puppy and try to get some microbes from it's body and study them.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 12, 2015, 12:49:33 pm »

I'll take a female puppy, mk. 2.

Also, are the various vaccines I've developed/been sent safe for the pups? If so, begin vaccinating the puppies. We don't want them to get sick, after all.

Name my new pet Rose. Also, see if I can't find a collar or something to use as a makeshift dollar for her.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 12, 2015, 01:33:23 pm »

Get ready to sleep, then sleep.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 12, 2015, 07:11:00 pm »

((I meant other bases but okay.))
Give some to communications officers, cooks, the quartermaster if he's there and any internal security we have.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 12, 2015, 08:06:52 pm »

Study the red headed birds and take a few pictures.

Also, can I name the birds? If so place a sticker on their cage saying that their name is now, the Helios Crimson Attack Birds.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 13, 2015, 05:48:14 am »

"Oh crap" Mark says as he suddenly remembers that the dogs only got born today they cant be potty trained yet. Grab Arrow and take her back to the lab for a meal and potty before returning in bed safe in the knowledge that I wont wake to having to clean up after a puppy in the morning.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Day 4
« Reply #734 on: February 13, 2015, 12:03:35 pm »

Steal one puppy and try to get some microbes from it's body and study them.

...You grab one puppy and run away into labs before anyone can ask why are you stealing something you would get for free anyway. It whines, but doesn't wake up.

Study of microbes has meager results. Being grown in test tube and fed sterile kidneys it doesn't have many microbes in it. The few you find are all Earth based, save for one harmless bacteria, which is already recorded in databases. Nothing special here.

I'll take a female puppy, mk. 2.

Also, are the various vaccines I've developed/been sent safe for the pups? If so, begin vaccinating the puppies. We don't want them to get sick, after all.

Name my new pet Rose. Also, see if I can't find a collar or something to use as a makeshift dollar for her.

Jonathan Pendle adopts Rose.

Vaccines should be safe for them if you tone down dosage. Pups don't terribly like when you stab them with syringes, but they can't do anything about it.

Collar is a bit troublesome. According Dave, pups will grow very quickly and you don't want to strangle your new pet. After discussing about it with engineers they find you a flexible band. You better change it to another one before Rose is full grown, which should happen tomorrow.

Get ready to sleep, then sleep.

Quick supper, shower and of to barracks you go. Mark comes out with his pup when you go in. Good night.

((I meant other bases but okay.))
Give some to communications officers, cooks, the quartermaster if he's there and any internal security we have.

You should have mentioned it then. Only base near enough is Geo 2, so someone might visit tomorrow, if you advertise enough.

Those people get their pets, but will leave them for night into infirmary because feeding machine is there. Few engineers express their desire for pet.

All internal security here is Cromwell, Mark and Adam.

You are left with male Mk 1, male Mk 2 and female Mk 2.

Study the red headed birds and take a few pictures.

Also, can I name the birds? If so place a sticker on their cage saying that their name is now, the Helios Crimson Attack Birds.

Feel free to name them, steal all glory for yourself. Pictures taken.

You perform autopsy on dead one and find this one has both gills and lungs. It's feathers are coated with thin layer of hydrophobic material, probably just grease, so it is highly probable this bird spends some part of its life in water. Its wide ribs give it plenty of surface for gliding and swimming. Apart its apparent old age and bullet hole it were perfectly healthy as far you can tell.

"Oh crap" Mark says as he suddenly remembers that the dogs only got born today they cant be potty trained yet. Grab Arrow and take her back to the lab for a meal and potty before returning in bed safe in the knowledge that I wont wake to having to clean up after a puppy in the morning.

Feeding station is in infirmary so that's where you go, Arrow running ahead of you. She eats herself full and empties her bowels and bladder on Cromwell's shirt that's still here. Someone should make a proper toilet for them. Maybe ask engineers tomorrow?

People spend remaining of evening by doing whatever they feel up to, having supper, shower, returning weapons and other stuff, chatting and playing with pups. Eventually everyone head to bed. Morning comes and you wake up into new day.

Chief doctor Pendle is first one to notice how much pups have grown. Cute baby pups are gone and in place are rowdy children, shoulder height being already at 40 cm. They are still happy to see you, Rose in particular jumps on you and almost knocks you over! She licks your face wet, runs off somewhere and returns with a plastic stick in her mouth.

Dave's Mk 3 dogs are ready for birth. And others would prefer solid food by now.

Spoiler: SECRETS (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
Spoiler: In freezer (click to show/hide)
* Helios Crimson Attack Birds (2/3 alive) (Partially studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Studied)

Completed:
* 5 Attack dog hybrid mutants, mark 3 (Puppy: NOW)
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 59