Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 112723 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Day 3 - Drinking
« Reply #705 on: February 10, 2015, 11:46:28 am »

Maybe I should make a game about engineering mutant monsters and pitting them against each other...

"WHY THE HELL ARE THERE DOGS RUNNING LOOSE IN THE DAMN BASE??!?"

Shove the dogs away from me. Yell at the biologists about how I can't be away for one damn day without this shit happening. If a dog tries to nip me, I still have my tranquilizer pistol.

After all that, go get some coffee.

Doggies are all confused about you, but after good shoving they give up trying to figure you out and go playing with Mark and Pendle.

Once at mess hall you order a double strong coffee. Ahh, one mouthful of coffee and your nerves already calm down! You breathe in its aroma and think happy thoughts.

Play with the puppys ALL THE PUPPYS
Upon seeing the puppies, Pendle let out a noise that one would be forgiven for thinking came from a small girl who just met their favorite pop singer. Immediately, he began playing with and petting the pups. This continues for a few minutes, before he members himself. Blushing heavily, he excuses himself and heads to the infirmary.
Once there, he decides to send a message to the base staff, telling them that a likely artificial structure of unknown origin has been found in the cave. Check if the base has diving equipment, or something else that could be used to navigate the submerged tunnels.

Those pups truly feel your love, and they respond with equal enthusiasm, going completely nuts! When you finish playing around they are panting heavily.

Message sent. Responses are like "No way!", "For real?", "Did you see any aliens?", one "I bet it is a doomsday machine that will kill us all!" and "Ancient astronauts are real!"

You find a diving variant of enviro-suit. It can hold pressure down to 400 meters, although warning label says you shouldn't have any business that deep anyway. It comes with detachable flippers and propellers to ease diving.
Another thing you find is autonomous diving drone, meant to explore underwater areas. It has many different sensors, cameras and location systems to allow user get good sense what it is seeing. It's not exactly meant for enclosed caves so traversing through smallest crevices is out of question.

Keep puppies under control in a non-violent, non-evil way! I dont care how.

Well, they tired themselves out with Pendle and Mark so you are left with group of very sleepy pups. There's no way you can carry them all at once to infirmary.

Add some bonus nutrient liquids to the autofeeder so as to get bigger stronger dogs.
Spoiler: Secrets (click to show/hide)

Not satisfied with their predicted growth you delve into steroids. Well, mostly it is just proteins, vitamins and other good stuff you gather around. Autofeeder boosted.

Spoiler: SERCETS (click to show/hide)

Let my wolf out.

You drain the tube it is in and watch as it flops down like a ragdoll. It has barely enough synapses firing in its brain to keep breathing. What you will do with it?

Currently we have following samples on ship:
Spoiler: In freezer (click to show/hide)
* Red headed birds (2/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Studied)

Experiments in progress:
* Attack dog hybrid mutant, mark 3 (Puppy: -7)

Completed:
* Various vaccines.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 10, 2015, 12:47:08 pm »

Dr. Helios returns to base.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 10, 2015, 12:53:47 pm »

2 in my hands, 2 under my shoulders, 1 balanced on my head. How many runs does it take with this setup?

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 10, 2015, 01:01:27 pm »

Wait for that goddem taxi
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 10, 2015, 01:06:46 pm »

Cromwell flipped the comms on.
"I knew you were growing the the damn things, but I expected them to be contained.
Get those things put up!"
Frelling scientists.

Put my stuff up, but keep my tranq pistol with me. Realize I forgot my net gun in the cave and smack my forehead. Then go to bed, with my door locked, and pistol by my bed, within reach
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 10, 2015, 02:22:08 pm »

Dr. Helios returns to base.

Your quantum state is observed and your location is at the base hangar.

Wait for that goddem taxi

Taxi came, taxi took you, taxi dropped you off at the base two turns ago.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 10, 2015, 04:23:19 pm »

Send out this message: "So... I have a shit load of genetically engineered guard dogs and it'll be a hassle taking care of them all. Anyone want some? They eat ground elephant kidneys and have cool eyes. They also need lots of love to bond with you."

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 10, 2015, 04:46:40 pm »

Put it back so I can fix it.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 10, 2015, 04:57:47 pm »

Waltz into that base, looking very angry.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 10, 2015, 05:06:06 pm »

Go and watch the different species we have captured and try to take a few pictures of the puppies.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 10, 2015, 05:23:12 pm »

You fast grew it. It's braindead.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 10, 2015, 11:55:05 pm »

You fast grew it. It's braindead.

My line exactly. How do you plan to fix it?
Old sigs.
Games.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: February 11, 2015, 04:26:29 am »

"I'll take one" Help take the puppys back into the labs and put them into bed with a blanket.

Take the pick of the litter and bring him back to by room and improvise a bed for him out of blankets
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: February 11, 2015, 09:40:54 am »

"Cool. Take a female. Mark 1 or 2?"

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: February 11, 2015, 10:45:58 am »

According to weather forecast the storm starts weakening at 19:00 and ends by 22:00. Next day should start with overcast and it remains as such for few days.

Send out this message: "So... I have a shit load of genetically engineered guard dogs and it'll be a hassle taking care of them all. Anyone want some? They eat ground elephant kidneys and have cool eyes. They also need lots of love to bond with you."

Is this for NPCs as well or for players only?

2 in my hands, 2 under my shoulders, 1 balanced on my head. How many runs does it take with this setup?

Two runs, but Mark assists you, so single trip is enough.

"I'll take one" Help take the puppys back into the labs and put them into bed with a blanket.

Take the pick of the litter and bring him back to by room and improvise a bed for him out of blankets

Puppies get carried to infirmary and placed on makeshift bed. After being fed they fell asleep.

Mark randomly picks one pup, which happens to be first generation female, and takes it to barracks. You order new blanket for yourself. This little cutie will be safe in your hands~

Cromwell flipped the comms on.
"I knew you were growing the the damn things, but I expected them to be contained.
Get those things put up!"
Frelling scientists.

Put my stuff up, but keep my tranq pistol with me. Realize I forgot my net gun in the cave and smack my forehead. Then go to bed, with my door locked, and pistol by my bed, within reach

GM forgot that one as well. Teaches me to keep track of inventories better.

You drop your personal armory to actual armory, except for the tranq pistol. You apologize for missing net gun and fill the "lost weapons" form quartermaster slips to you. There's hoping they won't reduce its cost from your salary. The situation was rather accidental after all.

With that done you head to barracks locking door behind you. Mark is here as well, staring something in his rolled up blanket with stupid smile on his face. You check what he is staring at. Ugh, it's one of Dave's mutant dogs...

You fall on your bed on other side of room.

Like Froggy said, it is next to braindead. There ain't much to fix. Some very creative solutions might be in order.

You put it back into the tube to ensure it continued existance and refill it.

Waltz into that base, looking very angry.

Sure. Like this?

Go and watch the different species we have captured and try to take a few pictures of the puppies.

Only few are still alive. A rat, the most normal thing on whole planet. A four legged snake with bone plated skin and gliding membrane. Wide bird with large bulging eyes, rusty red head and light blue feathers. Those all are just sitting in their boxes doing nothing.

You take few commemorative photos of nine sleeping pups, who are bigger than they should be, considering how recently they did born.

Currently we have following samples on ship:
Spoiler: In freezer (click to show/hide)
* Red headed birds (2/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Studied)

Experiments in progress:
* 5 Attack dog hybrid mutant, mark 3 (Puppy: -6)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 12:53:30 pm by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 59