Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 112972 times)

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Day 3 - Now spelunking
« Reply #540 on: January 26, 2015, 09:17:27 pm »

I agree with EULA.

Grab an envirosuit suit, several flash lights, a headlight, first aid supplies, food, water, an air quality meter, a camera, a communication device, and an emergency first aid kit for the caving trip. To the cave!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 27, 2015, 03:57:20 am »

I agree with EULA

Make sure my enviro-suit in on check it over
Take a rope and a Taser.
Get myself an shotgun, and an emergency med-kit with some doses of the doc's vaccine.
Equip a high power pistol with holster.
Take some food and water, and two flashlights.
Take a thermos of coffee.
Also, grab a dart pistol same kind that Mastahcheese as stuff shouldnt get too big
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 27, 2015, 08:51:10 am »

I agree with EULA if it means staying at the base.
Crawl away from bed, stand up, sit down.
((30 years old))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 27, 2015, 12:56:23 pm »

HOME TEAM

"I agree with EULA."
I'm staying. Can't miss the puppies. But I will want a live feed.
Find the DNA for the organ and shove it into a new puppy, mark three. Fast growing.

When this puppy grows up it will kill you by accident. Strength scales with size.

I agree with EULA. I'm 30ish. I'm gonna stay and have a nap.

Have sweet dreams.

I agree with EULA if it means staying at the base.
Crawl away from bed, stand up, sit down.
((30 years old))

Squats. It's important to stay in shape so you do squats. Girls (and guys) love shapely ass.

It has been over 13 hours since the operation, so you are almost good now. Still can't see in dark spaces, but otherwise you are fine.

Cave team

Alex and György are automated into cave exploration team.

I agree with EULA.

After his meeting with Dr. Scott Carlson, Pendle could be found reading through the Hippocratic Oath, trying to find a possible loophole that might allow him to bring harm to Carlson. Finding no such error, he slinks off to the supplies, and begins packing for the expedition.
Pendle begins packing the basics; a spare envirosuit helmet, a sidearm for himself, first aid supplies, food, water, an air quality meter, and something to communicate with the Infirmary (Assuming that isn't integrated into the envirosuit. Also, grab an envirosuit on the off chance that I'm not already wearing one.)

Yeah, Oath has that one problem with it.

Stuff packed. Radio communication is possible via suit integrated systems. Being on outside you naturally wear the suit already.

I agree with EULA

Cromwell has no damn idea why he is in charge of security, being only 27. He blames Theron for the inevitable future failure of the security team.

Make sure my damn enviro-suit in on. Ask the engineering team if there's any way they can feasibly make an armored one.
Equip an arm-mounted grappling hook, grab my cloth-fine net gun, and a Taser.
Get myself an assault rifle, and an emergency med-kit with some extra doses of the doc's vaccine, because I'm paranoid and hopped up on coffee.
Equip a real pistol on a real holster that is strapped to me.
Take some food and water, and 4 extra flashlights.
Also, grab a dart pistol with a weak tranquilizer. Enough to put a reasonably fit human to sleep for a few hours.

Engineers ask why the ballistic cloth it is mostly made of isn't enough?

Doc's vaccine was a failure, so it doesn't exist. Györy made another version of it so you can ask him he is willing to part few extra doses.

"Hah, you are really packin' there. Are you gonna overthrow an underground empire?" Eric laughs at your hoard of weapons.

I agree with EULA.

Grab an envirosuit suit, several flash lights, a headlight, first aid supplies, food, water, an air quality meter, a camera, a communication device, and an emergency first aid kit for the caving trip. To the cave!

Packback packed.

I agree with EULA

Make sure my enviro-suit in on check it over
Take a rope and a Taser.
Get myself an shotgun, and an emergency med-kit with some doses of the doc's vaccine.
Equip a high power pistol with holster.
Take some food and water, and two flashlights.
Also, grab a dart pistol same kind that Mastahcheese as stuff shouldnt get too big

You maniacs. You both have essentially three pistols, one holstered on each thight and one on your back, just above you buttocks. Plus bigger guns.

Cole walks next to the crates and starts sharing equipment. Backpacks, ropes, nuts, glow sticks, head lamps, flashlights...

"Here's a few less usual items. First of all here is this harness you should keep on all the time. It is quite useful if we have to climb or descend." He shows how it is put on. Micah and Briana assist those who have hard time with it.
"This is signal booster." he says raising a small white item. "When ever there's corner or a doubt of strength of radio signal we activate one and jam it into crack in walls. These allows us to keep contact with the base and each other if we have to split up." Then he hands out next item, a small spray can.
"This is dark light paint. We will periodically paint an arrow pointing to outside on left wall. Remember this. Always on left wall. If it isn't possible then paint double arrow on right wall. In addition when there is forks we paint a mark indicating which way did we go and if it was fully explored when returning. It's a great help if anyone gets lost. All lamps have small ultraviolet emitters so it will glow when light is shined on.

Okay, looks like everyone has their stuff ready. Let's go!"

The team walks into the cave. Its entrance is rather large, around 12 meters high and 5 meters wide. Half of its width is taken by knee deep brook. Walls are smooth but uneven and floor is covered in rounded pebbles. Briana is happy to explain this.

"This is what is known as a littoral cave, or a sea cave. They form into faultlines of hard rocks, such as this basalt, when oceanic waves start working on small cracks. Its tremendous force eventually expands the crack into a cave like this! Exciting, isn't it? To think that our outpost is laying on bottom of ancient sea!"
"I can't wait to see ancient sea monsters!" Eric laughs. "It would make funny encounter."

You keep walking for half hour. The tunnel is incredibly straight, when you look back you can still see sunlight from cave entrance. Common in this type of caves, as Briana explains. The area is utterly devoid of all life, not a single insect or fish is seen.

The team reaches first fork. Smaller tunnel branches to north while main cave keeps going to east along with the brook. Cole stops and plants a signal booster onto wall.

"We could split into two teams here, one exploring the northern tunnel and other one continuing to east. It would make exploration faster. But never split into more than two teams. That is another safety regulation I like to maintain in caves."

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
Spoiler: In freezer (click to show/hide)
* Assholium Rectumas. (4/6 alive) (Studied)
* Red headed birds (2/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Not studied)

Experiments in progress:
* 5 Attack dog hybrid mutants (Puppy: -5)
* 5 Attack dog hybrid mutants, mark 2 (Puppy: -7)
* Attack dog hybrid mutant, mark 3 (Puppy: -1, Adult: -2)
* Werewolf (Adult: Now)

Completed:
* Various vaccines.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 27, 2015, 01:44:10 pm »

Go to shooting range, do some target practice with an SMG.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 27, 2015, 01:50:57 pm »

I am still at base.
Read up on first aid.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 27, 2015, 02:08:36 pm »

I am still at base.
Read up on first aid.

No, you are not.

Dave and Guni are staying behind. That's already two biologists out of four. I'm not letting three or, god forbid, all biologists miss all the action.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 27, 2015, 02:23:30 pm »

Why? The bird has perfect control so the only thing that would scale is max strength. Also I could train it to only shock targets with a marker of some kind.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 27, 2015, 02:25:01 pm »

Jonathan felt a chill down his spine as he walked down the cave. Well, a chill on top of that of the cave itself. He's always been fascinated with the underground. And it was about then that the enormity of being on an entirely different planet hit him, and he felt dreadfully small. Shaking his oncoming existential crisis off, he responded to Cole's question.

"Though my teammates have proven themselves to be accident prone to say the least, I think that splitting up would be for the best, though I'd like to ask we have a Geo team member with each exploration party."
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 27, 2015, 03:07:19 pm »

Oh lookie, I accidentally forgot to say "not". Oh well.
Read up on first aid... while flying.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 27, 2015, 03:27:03 pm »

Why? The bird has perfect control so the only thing that would scale is max strength. Also I could train it to only shock targets with a marker of some kind.
The keyword is "at will". Don't expect playful puppies to understand you can't take large shocks as easily as they can.

Jonathan felt a chill down his spine as he walked down the cave. Well, a chill on top of that of the cave itself. He's always been fascinated with the underground. And it was about then that the enormity of being on an entirely different planet hit him, and he felt dreadfully small. Shaking his oncoming existential crisis off, he responded to Cole's question.

"Though my teammates have proven themselves to be accident prone to say the least, I think that splitting up would be for the best, though I'd like to ask we have a Geo team member with each exploration party."

"Of course. I don't expect biologists or doctors to do geological survey for us."  Cole answers with small smile. "Briana, Eric. Are you willing to take northern tunnel?"
"Yes, any time!"
"I got no problems with it."
Old sigs.
Games.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 27, 2015, 03:30:42 pm »

Well how long would it be until it's lethal to humans? Also can g-modding make instincts?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 27, 2015, 03:43:31 pm »

Well how long would it be until it's lethal to humans? Also can g-modding make instincts?

Hmm. I would say it becomes lethal before teen age, which should be around 8-10 turns.

Instincts could be doable, but that is something no one has done before. You would be a pioneering new field here. It is path of trial and error. And odd mental mutations.
Old sigs.
Games.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 27, 2015, 04:25:58 pm »

Look at the mental dna of similar animals with different behavioral patterns.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 27, 2015, 05:19:30 pm »

"Wonderful now lets set off and hope no one gets injured it is inevitable."

Dr. Helios goes down the Northern tunnel with Briana and Eric.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 59