Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 112996 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: The Mind: It's not safer!
« Reply #495 on: January 22, 2015, 04:06:23 am »

Get to shore, assume a stable pose and shoot the rope once the flier is over land. This is a terrible idea.
Correct me if I'm wrong: You want to break the rope from which Adam is hanging upside down, to make him fall down head first despite the fact that his head is already in bad shape?
((The GM is trying to tell me something.))

Get out of the water, watch Adam hang in the air.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 22, 2015, 10:26:45 am »

"Holy crap, don't know what came over me after this I need a doctor to check up on me never had any thing like that before"
recover control and stability. Lift the flyer slowly and slowly lower Alex onto the ground while muttering a manta "Worry later focus now, worry later focus now"

Seeing Guni aiming at the flyer "Guni what the hell are you doing drop the gun before you hurt me or someone else"

By maneuvering carefully you get the Adam's pendulum motion under control and move towards the doctor. Following his instructions you get Adam nicely and softly on to ground where Pendle removes the rope from his leg.

Try to do some bird calls.
"Yeah. You guys are doing great. We need to hurry this up so we can get back to research, though."

You imitate owl hooting but get no response. Your attempt to chirp like sparrow meets equal success.

(( Doctor Andrew Helios ))

Find the designated medical facility that I will be working in and contact the other doctor.

"Greeting my fellow doctor, my name is Doctor A. Helios and is their any problems that you need help with?"

The infirmary is easy enough to find. When you arrive the infirmary makes it clear that it prefers to work with doctor Pendle, but will tolerate you because of its programming requires it.

The other doctor tells you about the grave situation happening on west.

Climb back into the flier

"Can we go a single day without something going unexplainably wrong?"

((No, always expect the unexpected.))

Yeah, you climb back into safety. Perhaps you should tie yourself into a chair to avoid falling out of the flyers. But then the flyer will probably crash into mountain and you need to jump out. No good options here, sadly.

Get to shore, assume a stable pose and shoot the rope once the flier is over land. This is a terrible idea.
Correct me if I'm wrong: You want to break the rope from which Adam is hanging upside down, to make him fall down head first despite the fact that his head is already in bad shape?
((The GM is trying to tell me something.))

Get out of the water, watch Adam hang in the air.
((The message might be something like "Please don't be so hasty to kill PCs" or "That's a world record shot you are trying here, even with aim assistance".))

Adam doesn't hang for long before he's carefully lowered on to ground with doctor's guidance. You walk next the doctor and the victim.

Those bovines from yesterday pop out of the forest on other side of the rapids.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
Spoiler: In freezer (click to show/hide)
* Grasshopper-type insect (1 alive). (Studied)
* Green/pink flashing insects. (3 dead) (Studied)
* Assholium Rectumas. (4/6 alive) (Barely studied)
* Red headed birds (2/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Not studied)

Experiments in progress:
* 5 Attack dog hybrid mutants (Puppy: -10)
* 5 Attack dog hybrid mutants, version 2 (Puppy: -12)
* Werewolf (Adult: -2)

Completed:
* Various vaccines.
* Biological replacement parts for Alex's wound.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 22, 2015, 10:51:40 am »

".....This is going to be one of those jobs."

Grab the nearest Medical Field kit and ATV and drive to the rapids.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 09:16:53 pm by Ama »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #498 on: January 22, 2015, 11:03:57 am »

Can we get him onboard the flier?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 22, 2015, 09:02:11 pm »

"Mark! Set the flier down so they can get him in here without killing us all!"

Once the flier is on the ground, get out, and point my rifle at those damn bovines in case they try anything funny.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 22, 2015, 09:06:41 pm »

"One moment while I stabilize him. Little point in transporting him to base, if he's a corpse when we arrive."

Begin doing what I can to patch him up and ensure he won't die en route.

"You have no idea. And, scratch the ATV, we have the patient recovered. Please get the infirmary ready to begin treating the patient soon."
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 22, 2015, 09:27:48 pm »

"What was he doing to hurt himself?"

Ready the infirmary.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 22, 2015, 10:23:52 pm »

"Wound up in the rapids to the west, somehow. I don't know the full story, but it's frankly nothing unusual given what I've dealt with insofar. I swear they find a new way to hurt themselves every time they so much as think about going outside. Oh! Which reminds me! You're going to need to be vaccinated here shortly. Herd immunity and all."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 23, 2015, 03:54:16 am »

Lower the flyer slowly and get him in for transport. When ready head straight back to base flying carefully incase of another spasm.

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 23, 2015, 07:37:57 am »

Be unconscious.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 23, 2015, 11:48:36 am »

"Yo György! You might want to see this! I'm fairly certain something's wrong."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 23, 2015, 12:49:35 pm »

"Mark! Set the flier down so they can get him in here without killing us all!"

Once the flier is on the ground, get out, and point my rifle at those damn bovines in case they try anything funny.

Worry not, they are on other side of the rapids, still a kilometer away and moving north east.

"One moment while I stabilize him. Little point in transporting him to base, if he's a corpse when we arrive."

Begin doing what I can to patch him up and ensure he won't die en route.

"You have no idea. And, scratch the ATV, we have the patient recovered. Please get the infirmary ready to begin treating the patient soon."

Mark lands the flyer few meters away from you and Cromwell jumps out to help. With extreme care you remove Adam's helmet. Blood flows out of it scaring you and Cromwell badly before it tones down into less scary level.

You carefully touch Adam's skull to determinate its state. It doesn't feel normal, back of his skull feels unpleasantly soft, indicating numerous fractures and possibly even damaged brain. Your first aid kit doesn't really have anything for brain damage or broken skull.

Bleeding is not bad as it turns out, it might be even better let him bleed instead of blocking it. If he has internal bleeding in his brain then rising pressure inside his skull won't become a problem. Any blood he loses in time it takes to get him to the infirmary can be easily replaced. Assuming bleeding doesn't get more intense...

Ah, fuck it. You take coagulant booster from the kit and spray it over half of the wound. It limits bleeding but doesn't completely stop it. With that done you enlist everybody around to lift patient into flyer. Now you can only hope your new assistant can take care of rest.

Lower the flyer slowly and get him in for transport. When ready head straight back to base flying carefully incase of another spasm.

You choose to fly high up. If seizure hits at least you won't immediately crash. Luckily nothing bothers your flight and you get yourself and the patient safely into base.

"What was he doing to hurt himself?"

Ready the infirmary.

Infirmary is ready for brain surgery. You head to the hangar with floating drone bed and wait for patient to arrive. Once they arrive you, Mark and drone work together to move him onto the bed and then transport him into surgery room with haste.

Be unconscious.

You fail. You find yourself standing naked in a sterile room. In front of you there's a bed and someone laying on it face down, bleeding badly. Some doctor is studying his skull. Ugh, that's nasty head wound he got there...

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
Spoiler: In freezer (click to show/hide)
* Grasshopper-type insect (1 alive). (Studied)
* Green/pink flashing insects. (3 dead) (Studied)
* Assholium Rectumas. (4/6 alive) (Barely studied)
* Red headed birds (2/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Not studied)

Experiments in progress:
* 5 Attack dog hybrid mutants (Puppy: -9)
* 5 Attack dog hybrid mutants, version 2 (Puppy: -11)
* Werewolf (Adult: -1)

Completed:
* Various vaccines.
* Biological replacement parts for Alex's wound.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 23, 2015, 01:03:50 pm »

Begin operations on Adam. Begin introducing myself to the new doctor.

"So, you must be Dr. Helios. A pleasure to meet you. As you've likely heard, I am Dr. Pendle. Welcome to our little slice of hell."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #508 on: January 23, 2015, 01:11:39 pm »

Well.. I suppose I deserve this. Hike back to base.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 23, 2015, 03:16:10 pm »

Last thing I remember is almost dying at the rapids.Out of body experience.Cool.
Check foe confirmation, see if the guy with the head wound is me.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 59