Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 113011 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Mutant factory
« Reply #480 on: January 20, 2015, 08:56:51 pm »

"Sounds good to me"
Follow Mark's plan. Grab the idiots.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 20, 2015, 09:09:39 pm »

"Sounds good to me"
"There should be ropes in the back or something to lower down and grab them, I hope."
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 20, 2015, 09:24:53 pm »

"Sounds good to me"
"There should be ropes in the back or something to lower down and grab them, I hope."
Yes. Use those.
The Derail Thread

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 21, 2015, 08:30:41 am »

"Sounds good to me"
Yes. Use those.
"Well, thats safer."Grab on to the rope.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 21, 2015, 12:57:51 pm »

Hey Ama, our doctor is getting a bit overworked here. Are you ready to join into our accident prone team?

((Two males three females per batch.))
Do that thing the doctor requested.

Thanks to the infirmary's step by step instructions you get all materials out of the vaccine maker without spilling anything out and go to the labs to study them.

As the doctor suspected there's no BAQ-3 left. However you do find some DNA fragments floating around that does match to BAQ-3 DNA map. Other things you find are two types of unknown bacterias, approximately same amount of both. First group is apparently dying out at steady rate. After doing DNA mapping for it computer reveals that it has close relative recorded in databases, but all details are locked out. You get "Access denied." message when you try to read the data.

Analysis on the other type of bacteria yields no better results. There's no records of this bacteria in the databases either, but it appears to be loosely related to BAQ-3. You are fairly certain something has gone wrong here, but you'll need a microbiologists and/or a doctor to figure out exactly what. Good thing you got one microbiologist around: György.

((@flameboy99: Just so you know how to react when Dave reports all this. Vaccines have passive and active components. The passive component is the same what is used in real life, dead and weakened bacterias for immune system to nom on.
The active component is engineered (and patented) bacteria that can be reprogrammed to target and eat specific targets. In order to make them leave passive component alone, bacterias making up the passive component are "tagged" with a specific chemical coating.))

"Guni, are you trying to kill me?"
Climb onto boulder.

This is not easy task, but you do manage get out of the car and on to the boulder without accident.

Move the flyer over and ask Cromwell
"Hey Cromwell can you save the idiots while I keep us in the air."
Keep us stable and low to try to save them
"Sounds good to me"
Yes. Use those.
"Sounds good to me"
Yes. Use those.
"Well, thats safer."Grab on to the rope.

Spoiler: SECRETS (click to show/hide)

((GUNINANRUNIN's actions got left out because it didn't result anything. I assume you run after them and pull Pendle with you.))

Alright folks, please remember to strike through actions you don't want me to process. But thanks for this opportunity of carnage, timing was perfect. 8)

Mark moves the flyer two meters above Adam and holds it there. Cromwell gets rope from trunk and secures one end tightly on chairs inside. Borrowing knife from Mark he cuts the rope shorter, ties few knots and a loop into other end to make better foothold. He then lowers the rope to Adam.

Adam puts his foot on the loop and takes hold of the rope with both hands. Cromwell signals Mark to slowly lift flyer higher and that's when things start going south fast: Mark has a violent spasm. It's bad when it happens to the pilot, you know? Pilot who holds the controls of the flyer shouldn't be spasming. It's bad for your health. It is bad for everyone's health. The spasm ends as suddenly as it started, but damage is already done.

The flyer rolls to left and accelerates fast. Cromwell almost falls out of the side door but on the last moment gets hold of door frames. Adam got it far forse. Sudden yank makes him lose his hold of the rope and flips him upside down. His feet is tangled to the rope so the flyer drags him down the rapids and cracks his head twice on rocks.

Adam is out of comission. Doctor Pendle, please fix his head as soon as you can.

drive an ATV down to the river.

Without enviro-suit? Sure, no problem.

Nobody notices when Alex hops on an ATV and lowers it on surface. He takes few deep breaths, enjoying the smell of grass and pure unpolluted air. It's smells so good!

He arrives to the scene and sees this: Adam tied from one leg on rope, hanging upside down like a ragdoll from flyer and swinging like a grandfather clock's pendulum.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
* Large four eyed birds. (7 dead) (Studied)
* Aquatic creature. (1 dead) (Studied)
* Biggus Dickus (2 dead). (One studied)
** Possibly contaminated blood samples.
** Additional set of blood and tissue samples from female Biggus Dickus.
* Grasshopper-type insect (1 alive). (Studied)
* Green/pink flashing insects. (3 dead) (Studied)
* Assholium Rectumas. (4/6 alive) (Barely studied)
* Red headed birds (2/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Not studied)

Experiments in progress:
* 5 Attack dog hybrid mutants (Puppy: -11)
* 5 Attack dog hybrid mutants, version 2 (Puppy: -13)
* Werewolf (Adult: -3)

Completed:
* Various vaccines.
* Biological replacement parts for Alex's wound.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:29:34 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Pilot is having seizures
« Reply #485 on: January 21, 2015, 01:09:33 pm »

((Ready whenever.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Pilot is having seizures
« Reply #486 on: January 21, 2015, 01:31:12 pm »

((Ready whenever.))
Ok.

Much like Adam before you, you are dropped with a bag full your personal items to next to the base. You get inside, find a room for yourself and get a celebratory drink for safe arrival. Hopefully nobody is devastating this beautiful planet yet.

By the way, what does "A" stand in Doctor A. Helios?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: The Mind: It's not safer!
« Reply #487 on: January 21, 2015, 04:26:06 pm »

Get to shore, assume a stable pose and shoot the rope once the flier is over land. This is a terrible idea.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 04:06:34 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 21, 2015, 06:02:55 pm »

"Shit!"
Pendle shouted, a fairly unusual thing for the doctor.
"Lift the flyer up, gently! Won't be good for his leg but staying in the rapids is worse for his everything!"
The doctor made a mental note to check Mark thoroughly, and see if he had a history of epilepsy.
((I'm assuming the flyers have about an equal level of control to helicopters.))
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 07:31:56 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 21, 2015, 07:25:56 pm »

"Holy crap, don't know what came over me after this I need a doctor to check up on me never had any thing like that before"
recover control and stability. Lift the flyer slowly and slowly lower Alex onto the ground while muttering a manta "Worry later focus now, worry later focus now"

Seeing Guni aiming at the flyer "Guni what the hell are you doing drop the gun before you hurt me or someone else"

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 07:53:00 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 21, 2015, 08:15:58 pm »

Try to do some bird calls.
"Yeah. You guys are doing great. We need to hurry this up so we can get back to research, though."
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 21, 2015, 09:22:18 pm »

(( Doctor Andrew Helios ))

Find the designated medical facility that I will be working in and contact the other doctor.

"Greeting my fellow doctor, my name is Doctor A. Helios and is their any problems that you need help with?"

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 21, 2015, 09:51:43 pm »

"We have a team member suffering from likely concussions and possible cranial damage, in addition to possible oxygen deprivation. We're near the rapids, to the west. Grab an ATV, get some field medicine supplies, and hurry out here."

((So much for Dr. Helios having a nice first day on the job.))
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 22, 2015, 12:30:19 am »

Climb back into the flier

"Can we go a single day without something going unexplainably wrong?"
The Derail Thread

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 22, 2015, 01:29:46 am »

Get to shore, assume a stable pose and shoot the rope once the flier is over land. This is a terrible idea.

Correct me if I'm wrong: You want to break the rope from which Adam is hanging upside down, to make him fall down head first despite the fact that his head is already in bad shape?

"Holy crap, don't know what came over me after this I need a doctor to check up on me never had any thing like that before"
recover control and stability. Lift the flyer slowly and slowly lower Alex onto the ground while muttering a manta "Worry later focus now, worry later focus now"

Seeing Guni aiming at the flyer "Guni what the hell are you doing drop the gun before you hurt me or someone else"
Adam, not Alex.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 59