Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 113051 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: (Almost) Everyone is locked up
« Reply #390 on: January 12, 2015, 11:40:41 am »

Spoiler: SECRETS (click to show/hide)

Where are my players? Only half have posted action.

((That description makes me want that bird as a pet.))

Remember what the rules are on taking pets from the planet, also head down to the base and attempt to attract the bird down to get it used to me.

There isn't any rules about taking pets. Common sense says you shouldn't bring them back to home if Earth animals shouldn't be brought here. Taming adult wild animal is never easy, unless you get extremely lucky, so it's much easier to kidnap newborns and tame them. Which reminds me of the fact that I completely forgot to present younger animals... Oh well, let's say breeding season is over and all animals are almost full grown.

More aerobatics it is, and the not-eagle's attention returns to you. You end up using every trick you know by time you reach the base. Leaving the flyer on ground you call the airlock lift down, ride it up into the base, run to the labs to take one dead red headed bird, trace your steps back at maximum speed hoping the not-eagle is still out there. It is, circling in 50 m above ground a bit to south.

Grinning like a kid you throw the dead bird like a baseball with all strength you can muster. It is a great throw considering slightly higher gravity, well worth of applauds. Exactly two seconds later not-eagle makes unbelievably sharp turn and dives towards your bait like a guided missile. With precision of mentioned missile it grabs the bait with its claws and then flies to south. It seems to land on the rocks near lake.

Aim it more towards a wolf.

75% wolf and 25% human, stronger hind legs and stronger teeths. Got it. Do you want to grow it in vats or more modifications? Or perhaps you want to handle this meeting you are actively avoiding?

Sit in a corner and try to remain conscious.

You sit down in a corner in infirmary and hold your head. Depression over your foolish flailing earlier is finally settling in. You remain firmly awake.

Estimate it's lifespan.

Your educated guess is around 20 Earth years. Maybe even 27 if it is cared properly.

And your pet is now full grown wet dog in a tank.

"Hmmm....If we go back south,we could gather some rocks from the beach to make a makeshift bridge.It will be rather time-consuming, though..."
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN

Good thing you two decided your long term patrol plan so you can make progress without posting actions.

You two keep heading north along the river. It keeps getting thinner and faster as you walk. You spot something that could be a ford in rapids, nothing but a bunch of stones arranged suitably across the rapids. It is still about 500 meters away, so you can't be sure if it is good enough.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
* Large four eyed birds. (7 dead) (Studied)
* Aquatic creature. (1 dead) (Studied)
* Black wolf-creature (2 dead). (One studied)
** Possibly contaminated blood samples of black wolf-creatures.
** Additional set of blood and tissue samples from female wolf-creature.
* Grasshopper-type insect (1 alive). (Studied)
* Green/pink flashing insects. (3/? alive) (Studied)
* Small azure/turquoise bird with three-way split beak. (4/6 alive) (Barely studied)
* Red headed birds (2/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Not studied)

Experiments in progress:
* Attack dog hybrid mutant (Adult: now)

Completed:
* Various vaccines.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:20:34 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 12, 2015, 01:50:37 pm »

Pull it out and dissect it to find out the fruits of my labor. Also start cloning the new one at fast growth.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 12, 2015, 03:53:26 pm »

I thought I posted, sorry.

Call that guy back, and see where he wanted the meeting at.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 12, 2015, 05:13:53 pm »

Start growing it.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 12, 2015, 05:19:38 pm »

((Sorry, been busy))
Take a once over through the infirmary, double checking everybody. Release all from quarantine, but Guni, Alex, and Gyorgy must wear environment suits at all times. Upload the formulas for the vaccines I've made, as well as DNA mapping for the bacteria types we found, for the doctors I'm in contact with.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #395 on: January 12, 2015, 05:29:31 pm »

Scouting mission is a success! \o/ Now to begin Phase 2! Let's double back to the base to get the car, then head direct West.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 12, 2015, 11:59:41 pm »

Scouting mission is a success! \o/ Now to begin Phase 2! Let's double back to the base to get the car, then head direct West.
Are you trying to make me expand the map?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 13, 2015, 03:20:00 am »

Get back in the flyer and go flying again try to get some pictures of the bird and check for any more critters running around below us
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 13, 2015, 08:43:48 am »

Yes.
"I DO NOT like this.Rocks placed like that dont have a tendency to do so without something moving them."
At base: change SMG to survival knife, change KS-23 to AA-12 with anti-personel ammo, drop off netgun.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 13, 2015, 12:51:00 pm »

Pull it out and dissect it to find out the fruits of my labor. Also start cloning the new one at fast growth.

You drag the barely alive body of your pet mutant to the labs and cut it open. Fused ribcage is here, also steel bones. You find this out by dulling a scalpel on it. Damn. Luckily you are not limited on those. Hmm, steel bone modification doesn't extend to teeths, so those are still normal. Eyes are ...not exactly right, too sensitive it seems. It will have hard time seeing anything in direct sunlight. Otherwise you can't find anything else wrong with it.

New pet growing.

Start growing it.

Ok, another monster growing up in vats.

((Sorry, been busy))
Take a once over through the infirmary, double checking everybody. Release all from quarantine, but Guni, Alex, and Gyorgy must wear environment suits at all times. Upload the formulas for the vaccines I've made, as well as DNA mapping for the bacteria types we found, for the doctors I'm in contact with.

You double check everybody on board, but results are same. Except Alex is not dying from necrosis or György from clotting blood, they are both healthier now.

Everyone released. Guni is outside so she's naturally wearing the suit, so is György, but Alex isn't. Better remind him about it.

Ok, things uploaded. Doctors will check it out. Turns out someone else has made vaccine for VGU-1 and BGR-2 as well.

Yes.
"I DO NOT like this.Rocks placed like that dont have a tendency to do so without something moving them."
At base: change SMG to survival knife, change KS-23 to AA-12 with anti-personel ammo, drop off netgun.

AA-12 as in automatic shotgun?

You two jog back to the base. Uneventful trip, but a bit tiring. Adam swithces his gear in armory while Guni gets an ATV down on surface. You don't make it far from base yet because you spent most of time in this turn jogging back to the base.

Get back in the flyer and go flying again try to get some pictures of the bird and check for any more critters running around below us

Flying around the not-eagle and snapping photos of it tearing chunks off the dead bird. Lovely.

Only critters around you can see are two humanoids in a space suit driving a vehicle away from the base. Anything else is either too small to see from up air or are hiding in the forest.

I thought I posted, sorry.

Call that guy back, and see where he wanted the meeting at.

Good.

You go to the briefing room and make a call. After waiting for a minute walls flicker alive and display another room, exactly like the one you are in. There are two people; older man, somewhere around 80 years old judging from wrinkles, and young woman in typical security personel uniform.

Spoiler: Full face (click to show/hide)

"About time." says the woman frowning. She's clearly not impressed by your response time.
"Ah, you are not Alex. Head of security, I assume?" says the man. "I'm Cole Schultz, expedition leader of Geology Unit 2 and she's Courtney McDaniel, our head of security."

"Nice to meet you. You assume cerrectly. My name is Cromwell Jackson. Alex is busy with his duties elsewhere and might not be joining us so I'm filling in."
Courtney snorts completely unsuprised when you mention situation with Alex.
"So, what is this meeting about?"

Cole nods. "To put it shortly, we basically want to borrow your equipment and invite your team to studying extensive cave network we found. The caves are quite far from our current location and there's no good spot for landing our base ships anywhere closer, so we figured we need an outpost. Unfortunately we don't have anything we can use to make one.
I know biology units have number of those big containers meant for holding large animals so I figured I could ask if we can borrow two and convert them into small laboratory and living space. And your unit is the closest biology unit to us so that's why I called out you first."
Cole leans slightly forward and speaks a little bit quieter voice. "And if your team is willing to co-operate with us then could possibly persuade your doctor to join the away team? Ours is... not very pleasant person to have around."
"Understatement of the century." Courtney agrees.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
* Large four eyed birds. (7 dead) (Studied)
* Aquatic creature. (1 dead) (Studied)
* Black wolf-creature (2 dead). (One studied)
** Possibly contaminated blood samples of black wolf-creatures.
** Additional set of blood and tissue samples from female wolf-creature.
* Grasshopper-type insect (1 alive). (Studied)
* Green/pink flashing insects. (3/? alive) (Studied)
* Small azure/turquoise bird with three-way split beak. (4/6 alive) (Barely studied)
* Red headed birds (2/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Not studied)

Experiments in progress:
* Attack dog hybrid mutant (Puppy: -1, Adult: -2)
* Werewolf (Newborn: -4, Adult: -10)

Completed:
* Various vaccines.
Old sigs.
Games.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 13, 2015, 01:19:14 pm »

"A cave network, you say? Well I can see why you'd want that studied as soon as possible. And I won't disagree about the use of an outpost.
Yes, I'll help you out with this. I'll send orders to our engineering team to begin working on coverting some of those boxes to suit the needs, just sent us the co-ordinates and we'll start right away.
And yeah, not sure if people realize, but the comms are a bit more public than some people think.
I'll pull Alex away from his work."
The Derail Thread

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 13, 2015, 01:22:03 pm »

Yes to the automatic shotgun.
Ford the river!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 13, 2015, 01:46:07 pm »

And yeah, not sure if people realize, but the comms are a bit more public than some people think.
What?
Old sigs.
Games.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 13, 2015, 03:02:41 pm »

Try and fiddle with the eyes to see if I can get one set to be normal and one set special.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 13, 2015, 03:08:42 pm »

What?
Wasn't the guy they're talking about being a total prick to someone earlier? I think you said Dr. Pendle met him.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 59