Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 113048 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: The Mind: (Almost) Everyone is locked up
« Reply #375 on: January 10, 2015, 05:08:43 pm »

((OH. Didn't realize I was stuck, thought I was just poking one foot in the sticky water.))

Continue north along the river to see if it becomes thinner at any point.

E:
Run secondary tests on all untreated away-team members, seeing if their blood has any BAQ-3.
((Have you tested your own blood yet? Perhaps this bacteria is common in the air or something and we all have it.))
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 05:15:22 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 10, 2015, 05:10:35 pm »

Head to labs to find Alex

"Yo! You're late for a meeting, you know."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 10, 2015, 06:00:37 pm »

Run secondary tests on all untreated away-team members, seeing if their blood has any BAQ-3.
((Have you tested your own blood yet? Perhaps this bacteria is common in the air or something and we all have it.))
No I have not.

Test my own blood for any signs of BAQ-3, and pray the term "Doctor, heal thyself" doesn't become overly literal here.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #378 on: January 10, 2015, 06:02:15 pm »

((Oh dear. RIP flameboy. x_x))

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 10, 2015, 07:23:54 pm »

Continue working.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 10, 2015, 07:35:33 pm »

watch the eagle and try to get closer to get a good look

((I for one approve of my character being an awesome pilot I'll add to the backstory))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 11, 2015, 03:02:34 am »

((OH. Didn't realize I was stuck, thought I was just poking one foot in the sticky water.))

E:
Follow Guni.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 11, 2015, 07:12:39 am »

Spoiler: SECRETS (click to show/hide)

Add the fast growing part now.

All right, back to desing table. Fast growing mutation is easy enough to do, it's established practice and well documented after all. However it may not be fast enough for your purposes, so you fiddle with it a bit more. Flip these genes here... ah, no, this will cause premature death. Hmm, how about these then... could work, could work. But it makes bones too soft... hmm... Oh right, steelbones will be more than enough to compensate!

Try to add some features of the stronger legs and teeth.

Sure. Is this equal mix of human and wolf or is it leaning more into either direction?

Cromwell sneaks behind you and is talking about something. Bah, this is far more important!

Send out a message on biology channels.

"This is Dr. Pendle. It would appear that the bacteria BAQ-3, previously thought harmless to humans, may in fact be dangerous, as all three members of the away team suffering from injuries have had traces of it in their blood. I would like to request that biology team members take a second look at the bacteria when you have a spare moment, and confirm if it may have adverse effects on humans. Additionally, care must be taken when handling samples of it. Insofar, the symptoms that have shown themselves are localized necrosis, fever, production of antigens atypical for the affected individual, and blood clotting. All three patients have had only one symptom manifest as of yet, save one, who suffered both atypical antigen production and blood clotting."

Send out a few messages to the doctors of other nearby bases.
"Hello all, there has been a minor outbreak of a pathogen, designated by us as BAQ-3. I would like to discuss what symptoms, if any, you may have noticed with this disease if any have suffered from it on your respective ships. In addition, our biology team has come to the conclusion that it should be harmless to humans, but it has been found in the blood of all three individuals who have suffered any sort of wound requiring treatment."

Finally, while waiting for responses and for the other tests to finish, try placing a sample of BAQ-3 in a testing environment along with a human tissue sample (Vat grown, if necessary), and see how it reacts.

Tests come back as negative. Looks like it is only those three biologists.

There's plenty of human tissue samples stored away just for purposes like this. Results basically confirms original notes about it being harmless. The bacteria spreads reasonably fast throught tissue, leeching nutrients like they usually do but staying firmgly in category of harmless. It almost completely stops spreading once large enough concentrations are reached, again completely normal behaviour for commensal bacterias. After this it just hangs around in host tissue maintaining concentration. It appears that necrosis, fever, antigens and blood clotting might be unrelated to the BAQ-3.

Of course this test is only done on rather small sample. Having full human body to work with may change results but it is unlikely. There is this infant mutant clone of ex head of security I dumped into trash, but I can retroactively put it in use if you want to.

On unrelated note, replacement muscle, nerves, veins and skin for Alex is ready for implanting.

E:

E:
Follow Guni.

You two turn on your tracks and walk back to north. Indeed, the river becomes thinner, about as much as it widened on your trip to south. It also becomes a bit faster but neither fact really helps you. From your current location you can see the river getting thinner and faster further in north, turning into rapids. There might be spot for crossing there, but... crossing uncontrolled rapids tends to be dangerous.

Head to labs to find Alex

"Yo! You're late for a meeting, you know."

You find him working on gene modding. What the hell, that's not even his job! But he's also civilian leader so he kinda can do that. But he also does have other responsibilities as well.

No I have not.

Test my own blood for any signs of BAQ-3, and pray the term "Doctor, heal thyself" doesn't become overly literal here.

Technically you have, see the turn where you started testing peoples blood and injuries. You didn't find any by then. But just to be sure you test yourself again. And again test result is negative. You can sigh in relief, you won't be bothered with annoying terms in near future.

But then again, maybe this bacteria is a slow creeper...? You did witness it with Guni and György, initial samples were negative but later ones were positive. Hmm. Or maybe you are just reading too deep into threat that doesn't exist. Maybe you are looking into wrong direction? Or FROM wrong direction?

Also, will you continue co-operation with doctors from other ships?

watch the eagle and try to get closer to get a good look

((I for one approve of my character being an awesome pilot I'll add to the backstory))

You are awesome pilot. But since you stopped your awesome air acrobatics the not-eagle seems to be losing its interest and focus more on ground below. Perhaps looking for prey. Its movement is very familiar in that regard.

Getting closer is no problem. From distance of 7 meters you have better view on it. The not-eagle's head resembles more of insect than eagle, having very strong looking mandabiles instead of beak or maybe it is just sideways beak. It also has pair of feelers sticking from its head, bent backwards in wind.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
* Large four eyed birds. (7 dead) (Studied)
* Aquatic creature. (1 dead) (Studied)
* Black wolf-creature (2 dead). (One studied)
** Possibly contaminated blood samples of black wolf-creatures.
** Additional set of blood and tissue samples from female wolf-creature.
* Grasshopper-type insect (1 alive). (Studied)
* Green/pink flashing insects. (3/? alive) (Studied)
* Small azure/turquoise bird with three-way split beak. (4/6 alive) (Barely studied)
* Red headed birds (2/4 alive) (Not studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Not studied)

Experiments in progress:
* Attack dog hybrid mutant (Puppy: Now, Adult: -1)

Completed:
* Various vaccines.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:18:44 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 11, 2015, 08:15:49 am »

((That description makes me want that bird as a pet.))

Remember what the rules are on taking pets from the planet, also head down to the base and attempt to attract the bird down to get it used to me.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 08:59:21 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 11, 2015, 08:21:33 am »

Aim it more towards a wolf.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 11, 2015, 08:30:35 am »

Sit in a corner and try to remain conscious.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 11, 2015, 08:41:52 am »

...attempt to attract the bird down...
Is this cue for more air acrobatics?

Aim it more towards a wolf.
Ok, we can say this happened already.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 08:51:20 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 11, 2015, 09:00:47 am »

I was meaning like put out food but your way is better lets go with that and I can do the food when I am no longer in the air.
My Sig

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 11, 2015, 10:26:36 am »

"Hmmm....If we go back south,we could gather some rocks from the beach to make a makeshift bridge.It will be rather time-consuming, though..."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 11, 2015, 01:03:42 pm »

Estimate it's lifespan.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 59