Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 112950 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: (Almost) Everyone is locked up
« Reply #330 on: January 08, 2015, 02:40:07 am »

Wake up.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 08, 2015, 07:54:01 am »

Ensure all who have run a reasonable risk of being infected are quarantined. <snip/>
I have few questions. Probably should have asked earlier.

Who do you think have a reasonable risk of being infected? Give me some pointers.

What do you suspect they are infected with? Because you did vaccinate everybody against every harmful virus and bacterias you are aware of.

And what do you suspect being origin of this infection you all are afraid of and have really no proof about? Or am I forgetting something I said before?
The current suspicion list is everybody who's spent significant time near Guni without full environmental protection. What constitutes significant time is left to your discretion. As for what they're infected with and from where, I think there may have been a commensalistic bacteria or virus within the bird or dog, or there was an undiscovered bacteria or virus in the soil in the forest.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 08, 2015, 12:01:29 pm »

Spoiler: SECRETS (click to show/hide)

Ensure all who have run a reasonable risk of being infected are quarantined. <snip/>
I have few questions. Probably should have asked earlier.

Who do you think have a reasonable risk of being infected? Give me some pointers.

What do you suspect they are infected with? Because you did vaccinate everybody against every harmful virus and bacterias you are aware of.

And what do you suspect being origin of this infection you all are afraid of and have really no proof about? Or am I forgetting something I said before?
The current suspicion list is everybody who's spent significant time near Guni without full environmental protection. What constitutes significant time is left to your discretion. As for what they're infected with and from where, I think there may have been a commensalistic bacteria or virus within the bird or dog, or there was an undiscovered bacteria or virus in the soil in the forest.

Generally I think people do not wear helmet inside the base even if they wear rest of the enviro-suit. Because why one would wear it inside where it is perfectly safe?

Alex didn't had contact with her, but he needs your attention anyways.
Guni visited György a little while ago but got bored and left almost immediately. But he's unconscious/sleeping. After all, he did stay up the whole night.
Like Dave said, he's been wearing suit all the time. He had contact with her only shortly, not really any significant time in my books.
Cromwell had hardly any contact.
I think Mark visited Guni once or twice in infirmary but it was under your supervision and only momentary. So he's free to go. I think.
Adam have not had any contact with Guni.
You... you have spent lots of time with her. So you should be locked up, but you are the doctor here and that's just silly.
So this really leaves only Guni.

Just so we have same understanding; commensal (seems to be proper term) relationship is where one party benefits, but other one does not benefit nor is harmed in any meaningful degree.
As for undiscoverd bacterias/viruses, yeah, that's possible.

"You may have been wearing it at all times, but not everyone else has.
I don't want to drag this out any more than the rest of you do, believe me.
I want everyone to be systematically examined for injuries, have their blood taken, be decontaminated, have their suit checked, and then make sure it is properly attached.
Once we get all that done, then I'll allow people to resume their schedules, with their suits on.
I know it may seem like a bit much, but I'd rather be paranoid then naive."

Order people to do as said, and take part in checking suits for any signs of damage.

Inspecting peoples suits reveals that they all are in perfect condition. Except the one Guni wore yesterday. It was shredded in pieces thanks to our doctor. Mark inspected the helmet and left it somewhere in the labs without even reporting to you.

Ensure all who have run a reasonable risk of being infected are quarantined. Ensure that the AI is set to properly care for those quarantined. Put on the suit and release myself from quarantine. Put on proper safety wear, and begin testing everybody according to Cromwell's specifications.

Guni is reasonably guarantined. The infirmary always takes good care of its patients, you know, even those who show hostility towards you, but in quite different way.

The enviro-suit does count as proper safety gear, but indeed it doesn't really radiate sense of medical professionalism. You slip into more professional one. Pick your poison.

Tests:
György Géza: No injuries. His blood seems to be slowly clotting in small veins and there's traces of antigens not usually found in his blood type.
Alex Raman: Neck bleeding, spreading necrosis in neck. Needs immediate attention. BAQ-3 found in blood (It is the harmless one). Foreign cells found in blood.
Guni Debres: No new injuries, only old ones: bruised thights and small burn mark in neck. BAQ-3 found in blood.
Dave D. Davidson: No injuries. No abnormalities in blood.
Cromwell Jackson: No injuries. No abnormalities in blood.
Mark Redtail: No injuries. No abnormalities in blood.
Adam Tom: No injuries. No abnormalities in blood.
You: No injuries. No abnormalities in blood.

"Can I leave? I haven't had any contact with the infected without an airtight suit on and I have a job to do."

On coms to security"We may of gone a bit over board with the health scare"

Leave isolation, get washed off to insure isolation is maintained. Then get a glider and go patrolling as a way to just get away from the craziness at base

Yeah, there's a bit of hysteria up in the air. You leave after being inspected. Showers are a little spartan in space but you take your time to scrub yourself completely clean. And just to be sure you also ditch your current enviro-suit and get a new one.

It's prefect weather for flying, beautiful blue sky and no clouds visible. This gives you a moment of freedom and time to think what's going on. Perhaps Theron was right, people are going a bit nuts.

"May I inquire as to the reason for locking me up? I've been wearing my suit non-stop since we landed."

You are liberated due your diligent manner of wearing enviro-suit all the time. And after being tested. Your pet project is now size of newborn puppy.

If quarantined:Be healthy.
If not:Patrol outside.

You are very healthy. Why would you be anything else?

Anyway, weather is great outside so you go patrolling. Nothing much out there to shoot, some little birds in distance and bugs in ground.

Try to find a mirror in the infirmary.

Unfortunately the infirmary straps you tightly into the bed for surgical removal of dying tissue. It also tells you really shouldn't look at it since that wound in your neck is really ugly. But if you really want to...

Sit around.

Yeah, nothing much to do here. At least you still have your computer folded on your wrist.

Wake up.

You wake up in infirmary feeling quite crappy and dizzy. Lots of people here, wonder what's going on?

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
* Large four eyed birds. (7 dead) (Studied)
* Aquatic creature. (1 dead) (Studied)
* Black wolf-creature (2 dead). (One studied)
** Possibly contaminated blood samples of black wolf-creatures.
** Additional set of blood and tissue samples from female wolf-creature.
* Grasshopper-type insect (1 alive). (Studied)
* Green/pink flashing insects. (3/? alive) (Studied)
* Small azure/turquoise bird with three-way split beak. (4/6 alive) (Barely studied)
* Red headed birds (2/4 alive) (Not studied)
* Flying bone plated snakes (1/3 alive) (Not studied)
* Rat? (1 alive) (Not studied)

Experiments in progress:
* Attack dog hybrid mutant (Puppy: Now, Adult: -4)

Completed:
* Vaccines against BGR-1, BGR-2, BAQ-1, BGu-1 and VGu-1.

Will be dumped into incinerator on next turn unless requested otherwise:
* Infrared vision eyes. Using Dave's DNA as a base. (unchecked)
* Infrared/four eyed full body human clone with fused ribs. Using Theron's DNA as a base. Growth halted.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:14:51 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 08, 2015, 12:37:15 pm »

Observe for any obvious (unplanned) mutations. Do not stop growth.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 08, 2015, 12:49:11 pm »

Continue patrol.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 08, 2015, 01:46:17 pm »

Continue patrol.
Without giving directions you will walk to the river. Is this ok with you?
And you are walking alone. What we have learned about walking alone?  8)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 08, 2015, 02:30:12 pm »

Begin treating Alex. Also, try getting a sample of BAQ-3 for further analysis.

"This is Dr. Pendle. Biology team, is there any possibility the bacteria BAQ-3 may be harmful to humans? Traces have been found both in Guni and in the individual Alex Ramen, who's begun suffering from necrosis.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 08, 2015, 03:48:53 pm »

Allow those that aren't showing issues to resume work.
Allow Guni back to work, provided suit's on.
Keep György in quarantine to get that clotting checked.
Be in the operating room with Alex, to make sure nothing goes wrong.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #338 on: January 08, 2015, 06:25:13 pm »

Allow Guni back to work, provided suit's on.

((I've always had my suit on, except for that short time after I was treated for the bird attack.))

Continue patrol.
I'll go with you, I'm not much help sitting on this ship. Go to the armory and get an automatic rifle with anti-personnel ammo, a survival knife, and a net cannon that's just big enough to take down those wolves I met. Get a backpack and throw some basic medical supplies in there, a spare helmet, and a signal booster for the radio. Let's go. Leave with [Haveroszaur].

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 08, 2015, 07:53:33 pm »

Get up.
"I'm fine, really."
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 08, 2015, 11:34:23 pm »

Keep flying around watch for more unusual behavior, as well as watch over the potral group and warn them of any nearby threats.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 08, 2015, 11:48:46 pm »

Get up.
"I'm fine, really."
"You're literally rotting away as we speak. In addition, you may be suffering from a very dangerous alien bacteria that your immune system has never seen anything like, which may prove fatal. You are not fine. You are about as not fine as you can be. Now, lay down, and allow me to work."
Gently push Alex down, and use whatever treatment for necrosis as we might have in the future. Restrain him, if necessary.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 09, 2015, 05:35:39 am »

Oh god, I am infected! Panic!
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 09, 2015, 06:34:31 am »

((I have the feeling that Guni might have a parasite from that bird just a feeling, because everyone is treating this as a horror game))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 09, 2015, 06:37:39 am »

((I'm just having fun!))
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 59