Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 112936 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Day 2
« Reply #285 on: January 04, 2015, 05:55:23 pm »

"Always be prepared, have a back up plan and be paranoid. Its what got me through a crazy lot without any scars."
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 04, 2015, 06:15:35 pm »

Check on the vaccines, and ensure I have enough for the away team once they all return. Check up on Guni.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 04, 2015, 11:10:45 pm »

write back
"sure."
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Casper3667

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 05, 2015, 05:46:37 am »

Name: Ometos Wolf
Description: Wolf wanted to go out and explore the unknown, being good with weapons he choose to be a part of security. He don't really have any emotions that is visible to others, so it is impossible for others to know what he feels.
Role: Security

can i get on waitlist?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 05, 2015, 10:05:25 am »

Get the genes for fast growing from the livestock and the immortality gene from turtles. Catalog them for further use.

You search the database of Earth animals and flag the genes you want for quick reference. Growing fast means usually dying early and living long time means growing slowly. Quick glance by inexperienced genemodder would say there is a massive conflict but you are certain you can solve that inconvience.
((Sea turtles take twelve years max to reach adulthood.))
Get an attack dog's dna to base this off of. Begin trying to work in the easy parts first (steelbone eyes and ribs.) and then start trying to figure out how to make it grow and reproduce quickly but live for a long time if not forever.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Bio-engineering is easy.
« Reply #290 on: January 05, 2015, 11:45:44 am »

"Damn it!"

Haul the struggling birds into the trailer, then try to get those living that aren't fighting yet.
Nab that rat thing, if I have time, too.

He flipped on his comm.
"Team Two, this is Cromwell, I have a request. Get me a shock rod, or taser of some kind, and some more crates on a trailer. A lot more crates."
Mark raises an eyebrow and asks "Sir?" before tazering one of the escaping birds and wrapping it securely in the net before repeating for the other ones "that help?" he asks with a grin then help secure all the birds alive and dead

Having a proper tool for all situations is key for success. Mark proves this by shooting escaping birds with a taser and wrapping them neatly. Damn birds are quite resilient against electric shocks since they start struggling quickly again against nets, but it isn't a problem any more.

Struggling and dead birds are in the trailer now, but better wait for those crates before getting others. Situation with living ones is like this but with a net of steel.

"Damn it!"

Haul the struggling birds into the trailer, then try to get those living that aren't fighting yet.
Nab that rat thing, if I have time, too.

He flipped on his comm.
"Team Two, this is Cromwell, I have a request. Get me a shock rod, or taser of some kind, and some more crates on a trailer. A lot more crates."
"On my way."
Get everything he asked for as fast as possible.Define "a lot" as all the trailer can bring without breaking when filled.

Let's see... they went hunting small birds, right? So crates they want probably shouldn't be very big. And small birds are usually quite light so number of crates shouldn't become a problem. Unless they got something bigger... You load a trailer with many 40 cm wide and tall boxes and secure them in place with load restraint ropes.

You deliver the crates for your co-workers and assist them with filling crates. Unfortunately one of the red headed birds manages to escape in progress. It's not really a big loss, you guys captured plenty.

Team One haul at moment, all boxed:
  • 6 target birds
    • 2 dead
    • 4 alive
  • 4 red headed birds
    • 1 dead
    • 1 shot dead
    • 2 alive
  • 3 flying snakes
    • 1 dead
    • 1 shot dead
    • 1 alive
  • 1 alive rat

Wake up. Go to the lab and help [SaberTooth] with.. Whatever he's actually doing right now.

You wake up from your daze in infirmary. You find György in labs... watching bugs trying to escape. So you two stare the bugs intently together. The bugs are quite happy just chilling around. Interesting.

Check on the vaccines, and ensure I have enough for the away team once they all return. Check up on Guni.

Vaccines are ready and you have enough for everyone in your team.

Guni is up and working on something, she's staring at bugs together with György. Her temperature has gone down to almost normal so she's pretty much healed.

write back
"sure."

Message sent. Are you going... into actual meeting?

Oh, and your neck itches badly. Maybe you should show it to the doctor?

Get the genes for fast growing from the livestock and the immortality gene from turtles. Catalog them for further use.

You search the database of Earth animals and flag the genes you want for quick reference. Growing fast means usually dying early and living long time means growing slowly. Quick glance by inexperienced genemodder would say there is a massive conflict but you are certain you can solve that inconvience.
((Sea turtles take twelve years max to reach adulthood.))
Get an attack dog's dna to base this off of. Begin trying to work in the easy parts first (steelbone eyes and ribs.) and then start trying to figure out how to make it grow and reproduce quickly but live for a long time if not forever.

((Well, I suppose size does factor in there.))

The easy part? Hah!

So steelbones, infrared vision eyes, four eyes and fused ribs? Allright, you work hard for your hybrid alien mutant horror. So hard that you lose sense of time for a moment here. When you finally stop working you are confident you got it right, but since genetics are such big mess of interconnected parts you cannot simply know if it is perfect. Only way to know is to test your desing by speed growing it and then dissecting it. And if you are going to do that you'll need a stem cell from somewhere. Fabricating DNA out of air is doable and all fine, but actual cell material you must get from somewhere else. Only sources available here are your fellow humans and whatever animals they have killed.

Quick natural growth and longevity have to wait for next turn. I can't let you casually create monsters with a snap of fingers.

Name: Ometos Wolf
Description: Wolf wanted to go out and explore the unknown, being good with weapons he choose to be a part of security. He don't really have any emotions that is visible to others, so it is impossible for others to know what he feels.
Role: Security

can i get on waitlist?

It's unlikely that new spots will open soon unless someone quits or dies, but we already have one murder in progress. But yeah, waitlist it is.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
* Springy grass. (Partially studied)
* Soil. (Studied)
* Seven corpses of large four eyed birds. (Studied)
* Aquatic creature. (Studied)
* Two corpses of black wolf-creature. (One studied)
** Possibly contaminated blood samples of black wolf-creatures.
** Additional set of blood and tissue samples from female wolf-creature.
* Grasshopper-type insect. (Studied)
* Green/pink flashing insects. (Not studied)

Completed things:
* Vaccines against BGR-1, BGR-2, BAQ-1, BGu-1 and VGu-1.
* Infrared vision eyes. Using Dave's DNA as a base. (unchecked)
* Infrared/four eyed full body human clone with fused ribs. Using Theron's DNA as a base. Growth halted.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 05, 2015, 12:16:41 pm »

When away team makes it back to base, dose each with the vaccines (Including myself and others not on Team 1).

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 05, 2015, 01:27:21 pm »

((I said that it was the easy part. Not that it was easy.))
Get one of the four eyed birds and extract some stem cells. Then make what I've currently got.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 01:30:25 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #293 on: January 05, 2015, 03:30:19 pm »

Bugs eh? Screw this, go get lunch at the cafeteria. I wonder how long I'll be stuck here in quarantine, stupid birds and their stupid forest.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 05, 2015, 04:39:13 pm »

Bugs. I love... bugs. If I could, I would watch bugs... all... day!
Prod a bug with my finger, those little cutie pies, they.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 05, 2015, 09:19:13 pm »

Ensure the birds get back to base with no more excaping with tazeing skills
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 05, 2015, 09:29:39 pm »

Agree with my co-workers. Get this haul back to base.

Comms on.
"Science and Medical teams! I want you guys ready to receive a ton of specimens! Dead and living! We got those birds and more. Over."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 05, 2015, 09:59:28 pm »

"Prepared to try and isolate the venom that incapacitated Guni. Aside from maybe studying the microorganisms that may be harmful to humans on and within the beasts, I can't think of many other uses the medical wing will have  for them."
Prepare to isolate and study the venom.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #298 on: January 05, 2015, 10:16:49 pm »

This is interesting...

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 05, 2015, 10:23:41 pm »

"Also can we get someone look at there brains some of the birds were acting weird staring at us instead of acting like the other birds as well as birds don't randomly attack people in forests or work together with ground mammals to attack prey. All in all it seems like there might be something interesting going on."
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 59