Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 59

Author Topic: The Mind: Day 4 - Finale  (Read 112760 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Mind: Alone in the forest
« Reply #165 on: December 25, 2014, 10:00:54 pm »

((I'm worried out of character about the bird that knocked out Guni why would it leave with out taking anything so it may have done something to her))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 25, 2014, 10:15:55 pm »

((Same here. Hence why I'm checking for parasites, though IC reason being that something might have latched on during her time in the forest.))
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 26, 2014, 08:29:59 am »

Grab the corpse and bug jar, then take blood samples from multiple locations.
If I see anything that moves, net the bastard, then capture it. Tranq if neccasary.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 26, 2014, 12:54:30 pm »

((How realistic is G-modding?))
Look at the eyes gene. Both four eyes and infrared vision are very useful.
That is exactly what I want! I want to grow better eyes!

Well then, you prepare experimental gene modification to grow eyes with infrared vision. New bodyparts are grown in infirmary so you go there and prepare a mold for eyes using your own stem cells. Check them tomorrow to find out if got what you wanted.

Begin blood test. While tests are being run, look over the patient for any major blunt trauma or punctures in the skin. Check for any internal bleeding. If all results are within acceptable bounds, monitor Guni's condition until awakening.

You carry Guni into isolation room in infirmary and undress her down to her underwear, shredding her enviro-suit into pieces in process. One of the pros of being a doctor. Thought it hardly matters to you now since you are genuinely worried about her health. The operation table drains a bit of her blood and starts tests on it.

Inspection and scans reveals that she has big bruises developing on her both thighs and that is all internal bleeding you can find. Nothing to worry about, enviro-suits are really worth of their cost. Only other thing you can find is a small circular burn wound on back of her neck. Odd...

Results of her blood tests are in, and only difference to her normal state is slightly heightened white blood cell count. Though it is still within limits of normal variance. So nothing out of ordinary, it seems.

Study the wolf creature.

You get the corpse to labs and start studying it. Black canine type creature, fused leg bones, probably for fast running, very dense muscles making it look thin and weak but capable of producing unexpected amount of power and its flesh is producing toxic substances. Most interesting feature is spikes on its skin, kinda like hedgehog's, but far more sparse. They seem to be specialized hairs so it is able to raise them at will.
Also, female and mammal.

Get back in my flyer and head out to follow the radio signals again

"If anyone has some free time we should fly back the flyer that got left in the forrest. I'm following the radio signals again but I think I know that some predators are the source going to confirm.

Ship's sensors does no longer detect it but luckily you flyer still can. With assistance of communications officer you locate the radar source. It's in the forest, going away from the base, but thick tree foliage prevents you from seeing what actually causes it.

It's starting to get dark.

Look for alien saliva on Guni and steal it for science.

Hmm, looks like doctor Pendle has already ruined all evidence of it. In addition he's ogling Guni or maybe he's just perfoming medicine on her. It's hard to tell.

Grab the corpse and bug jar, then take blood samples from multiple locations.
If I see anything that moves, net the bastard, then capture it. Tranq if neccasary.

The corpse and bug jar are in trailer now, blood samples taken, thought blood is most likely already contaminated with whatever bacterias and viruses that habit the moss here.

Looking around and up you do see movement around, mostly just birds. You find this one bird pecking a tree like jackhammer. You would call it a woodpecker if not for few large differences. Firstly its colors, rusty red head, bill and tip of wings, light blue body and white tipped tailfeathers. Secondly it is very wide making it almost a ball, but much of that can be attributed to its buffed wings. Third difference is its large bulging eyes which take almost one third of its skull. First you think it might be result of disease or genetic mutation, but after spotting few other similar birds you realize it must be normal for them. Netting them is night impossible and few shots with tranqs miss them entirely.

It's starting to get dark.

Guni Debres: You wake up in infirmary in your undies, good doctor Pendle looking at you.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Currently we have following samples on ship:
* Springy grass (Partially studied)
* Soil samples (Studied) - Awaiting reaction from Geo teams.
* Seven corpses of large four eyed birds (Studied)
* Living aquatic creature in a water tank. (Barely studied)
* Corpse of black wolf-creature. (Studied)

Night arrives in end of next turn and new day with it so base your actions around it.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 26, 2014, 01:01:46 pm »

((Do we have a way of speeding up the aging process of clones?))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #170 on: December 26, 2014, 01:05:49 pm »

Guni blinks awake, feeling quite bleary and altogether awful. She sees Pendle staring at her and when she realizes she's back on the ship she is overcome with relief, but that quickly changes as she slowly sits up and realizes the state of her clothes.. Be taken aback! Slap Pendle! You prick! Get me some goddamn clothes! Eyes down! Cover up.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 26, 2014, 01:07:04 pm »

((Do we have a way of speeding up the aging process of clones?))
((It's already sped up from from several years to few weeks in case of full body clone, and even faster if smaller body parts are grown as is case with your eyes.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 26, 2014, 01:25:19 pm »

"Please, you should know well enough women aren't really where my interests lie. And besides, situations such as these are routine in my line of work."
Get her clothes, and wait for her to dress. Request her account on what happened out there.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 26, 2014, 02:11:34 pm »

((What about animals? They usually only take like a year to reach adulthood?))

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 26, 2014, 02:21:35 pm »

Steal blood of Guni with a syringe for testing. I will stay all night looking at our samples and making theories about whether could the land around could be terraformed.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 26, 2014, 02:29:25 pm »

((What about animals? They usually only take like a year to reach adulthood?))
Well, I suppose cloning of animals would be even faster, but then again technology is optimized for humans. And I'm fairly sure no doctor will permit you tuning their toys.

Steal blood of Guni with a syringe for testing. I will stay all night looking at our samples and making theories about whether could the land around could be terraformed.
There isn't really much to terraform as the planet is already very much Earth-like. Question is really mostly about where mankind can slap their first colonies and what they need to be ready for. And just old plain scientific curiosity.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 02:32:26 pm by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 26, 2014, 03:35:13 pm »

"Yo Doc? Can I use your cloning tech to run some g-mod tests on dogs and whatnot?"

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 26, 2014, 03:45:20 pm »

"Yo Doc? Can I use your cloning tech to run some g-mod tests on dogs and whatnot?"
"Sure, but ensure that you break nothing, contaminate nothing, and for the love of god, test on nothing human.[/b]

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 26, 2014, 03:49:02 pm »

Clone a monkey with the chest plate ribs. Observe breathing.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 26, 2014, 06:57:45 pm »

"Its getting dark and the radio signal is moving away. I'm heading back to base."

return to base take off my gear, check on Guni after making sure she is fine go and relax with a stiff drink after a long day
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 59